Top 5 Best Cocoa Butter Lotions 2022:
- Burt’s Bees Cocoa and Cupuacu Butters Body Lotion
- Cocoa Butter by Sky Organics Pure Unrefined Raw Cocoa Butter for Body, Hair, and DIY – 16 Ounce
- St. Ives Softening Body Lotion, Cocoa Butter and Vanilla Bean, Pack of 4 – 21 Ounce
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion For Stretch Marks – 8.5 Ounce
- Gold Bond Ultimate Radiance Renewal Lotion with Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter – 14 Ounce
We all know that if you want to keep your skin well moisturized, regular application of body lotion is crucial.
But what if we told you that some ingredients can boost hydration and elasticity and prevent aging? One of those ingredients is cocoa butter.
Cocoa butter is a product of cocoa beans. It is high in fatty acids that prevent aging, inflammation, and the harmful effects of UV rays and free radicals. This makes it a perfect choice for a base in many hydrating body lotions.
So if you still did not grace your skin with this excellent moisturizer, it is time for a major change. If you need help to pick out the best cocoa butter lotion for your skin, check out this list.
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Cocoa Butter Lotions In 2022
1. Burt’s Bees Cocoa and Cupuacu Butters Body Lotion – 12 Ounce – Great Choice For Sensitive Dry Skin
Living with very dry skin is hard. When symptoms like itching, redness, flaking, and occasional cracks occur, you know you are into a messy situation. That also means it is time to take matters into your own hands and bring your skin back to life. One of the best products to help you heal very dry skin is this hydration-boosting rich formula from Burt’s Bees.
The main ingredients of this rich blend are cocoa butter and cupuaçu butter. These ingredients will be absorbed quickly and nourish your skin. Few more ingredients are worth mentioning.
Coconut oil and honey will provide antibacterial properties. Also, honey will gently exfoliate your skin. Sunflower seed oil makes skin soft and smooth thanks to the high level of fatty acids. Grapeseed oil is an excellent source of antioxidants.
Also, this product contains aloe and vitamin E that will help soothing skin inflammations. Considering the list of ingredients we went through, we can confirm this product is 98.9% natural. There are no synthetic ingredients in it, such as sulfates, parabens, phthalates, or petrolatum.
Lastly, it will provide 24 hrs moisturization and leave your skin feeling smooth without making it feel greasy. The only downsides are that the pump tends to get stuck from time to time, and honestly, it does not smell heavenly at all.
- 98.9% natural formula
- Fast absorption
- Great for sensitive, dry skin
- 24 hrs moisturization
- Pump tends to stick
2. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion For Stretch Marks – 8.5 Ounce – The Best Solution For Treating Stretch Marks
We love this cocoa butter lotion because its rich and creamy texture provides deep hydration to your skin. Since we know how stretch marks can be annoying, we picked this product for all those moms to be out there.
This lotion has a velvety texture that is absorbed quickly. Applying this lotion in a thin layer will create a barrier on your skin that will prevent moisture loss. It mainly consisted of cocoa butter and cocoa extract in large amounts, but there are few more ingredients we would like to talk about.
Shea butter, coconut oil, palm oil, and sweet almond oil are ingredients that provide deep moisturization. High levels of antioxidants in this mighty combo will soothe skin irritations in no time.
Ingredients like Centella Asiatica can come very handy if you are declaring war to stretch marks. It will also provide amazing hydration. It will help conditions like psoriasis. It also stimulates collagen synthesis, making your skin look better and younger. Of course, we can’t forget that this lotion is rich in vitamin E as well.
We must point out that this lotion will only work if you apply it while pregnant and after giving birth. It won’t work on aged stretch marks.
The product is paraben-free, phthalates free, and hypoallergenic. This lotion is good for relieving dry and itchy skin, and surprisingly it’s great for soothing sunburn.
- All-natural formula
- Great hydration
- Soothes sunburns and itchy skin
- Prevents stretch marks
- Won’t work on aged stretch marks
3. Gold Bond Ultimate Radiance Renewal Lotion with Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter – 14 Ounce – Exfoliating And Nourishing Lotion
If you need a rich exfoliating lotion, this one will work great for you. The thick, rich formula provides long-lasting moisture and hydration. It also prevents flaky, dry, and ashy skin leaving your skin smooth and silky.
The formula is all-natural, and considering its texture, it’s the perfect remedy for irritated, dry, cracked, and itchy skin. It will improve conditions like eczema or psoriasis. But since the texture is so thick and sticky, this product is not suitable for normal, oil, and mix since it can make it too greasy and even clog the pores.
Also, the pump on the lid gets stuck too often because of the lotion’s thickness, so make sure you clean it well after every use.
So let’s talk about ingredients. The main components of this 3-in-1 lotion are moisturizing coconut oil, African shea butter, and cocoa butter.
Cocoa butter is rich with phytochemicals that will prevent aging, smooth wrinkles and scars, and protect your skin from UV rays. Coconut oil is the best source of skin-protective antioxidants. They provide a natural remedy for skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Shea butter provides excellent moisturization and soothes irritation.
Like we said before, there is no lotion without Vitamin E. This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that protects our skin from UV light. This lotion provides 24 hrs moisturization, and after applying it, your skin will become baby soft.
- Intensive hydration
- Fight aging and irritated skin
- All-natural formula
- Exfoliate skin
- Thick and sticky
- Only suitable for dry skin
4. Cocoa Butter by Sky Organics Pure Unrefined Raw Cocoa Butter for Body, Hair, and DIY – 16 Ounce – Organic And Versatile Product
This organic product is meant for use on skin or hair. But we must admit that it works way better as a hair product. Don’t get us wrong it will nourish your skin perfectly. But, it does wonders for dry, lackluster hair since it boosts shine and improves the texture. So we recommend you to cover your body from head to toes with this great body butter.
It has no additives, so it is an excellent choice for sensitive skin, scalp, and hair. This is a cold-pressed raw 100% organic cocoa butter. It doesn’t contain any added chemicals; the USDA certification proves that.
It can be used on its own and mixed in with other natural ingredients if you prefer making your DIY balms, soaps, lotions, and more. The high-quality cocoa butter works amazingly on very dry, cracked, and damaged skin, and it also improves skin tone and elasticity.
If you decide to use it on the hair, you must use it in small amounts since too much of it can make your hair oily and heavy. We recommend you to use it once a week to nourish your hair and replenish oils. Use it at the beach to prevent damages from UV rays and sea salt.
It has a subtle smell, which is great, but the only thing we don’t like is the hard texture, so it is quite hard to apply.
- Versatile use
- Protects and hydrate skin and hair
- Improves elasticity
5. St. Ives Softening Body Lotion, Cocoa Butter and Vanilla Bean, Pack of 4 – 21 Ounce – Budget-Friendly Option
Yes, we are aware of this lotion’s price, but are you aware that you are getting 4 x 21 ounce of this liquid gold for that price? Now when we cleared this, let’s see what this product has to offer.
This product features a smooth texture and light that glides over the skin and soaks in quickly. The result is silky and not oily. This all-day hydration product is suitable for all skin types.
St. Ives lotion is a perfect blend of enriched cocoa butter, soybean oil, and glycerin. It also features a subtly-sweet scent of vanilla bean that creates a pleasant aroma. Like we said before, cocoa butter will prevent aging by preventing damages from UV rays. It will boost the hydration of your skin and make it elastic.
Ingredients like glycerin are often added to lotions and butter since they create a barrier on your skin and lock the moisture. Glycerin is also great in treating conditions like eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
The main reason why this lotion is ideal for all skin types is soybean oil. This oil’s natural properties make it easy to apply; it also makes your skin hydrated and smooth. A small amount of this product goes a long way and provides a silky finish so careful with the amount you are applying to avoid greasy skin.
The formula is paraben-free and dermatologically tested. Also, it comes in a recyclable container.
- Provides intense moisturizing
- Recyclable container
- Comes in a pack of 4, hence economical
- Creamy formula
- Suitable for all skin types
- If not applied in thin layer makes the skin greasy
Benefits Of Using Cocoa Butter Lotion
The cocoa butter in raw form or as a part of the lotion is a popular home remedy for making your skin healthier. Let’s go through a few basic facts that will explain how your skin can enjoy the regular use of cocoa butter.
Cocoa butter is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are the key ingredients that fight the free-radicals. These are responsible for damages on the skin, such as dark patches, wrinkles, flaky and dull skin.
Like we said earlier, cocoa butter is very effective in treating post-pregnancy stretch marks. But only if you start with an application on time, meaning during the pregnancy and after birth. Cocoa butter will help reduce scars and help repair your skin and heal any damaged layers of skin.
It provides intense moisturizing. The cocoa butter is a natural fat that comes from cocoa beans. Thus, it is rich in fatty acids that help hydrate the skin even in deeper layers, and soothe dry patches.
Cocoa butter is often effective in treating itchy and red skin since it reduces inflammation on skin significantly. Many lotions for treating conditions like eczema and psoriasis feature cocoa butter as the base ingredient.
The high concentration of fatty acids and antioxidants in cocoa butter prevents aging.
So as you see, constant and regular use of cocoa butter will, for sure, enhance the overall look of your skin and make it look fresh, flexible, and radiant.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Cocoa Butter Lotion
You should always be very careful when buying cosmetics since the wrong product can harm your body. Avoid products loaded with shady ingredients you never heard before. That is why you must always consider the following features when you are out shopping for cocoa butter lotion.
1. Concentrations Of Cocoa Butter
- A good cocoa butter lotion should have a high cocoa butter concentration to provide hydrating and nourishing properties. It is best to choose products with pure and unrefined cocoa butter. The purest forms of cocoa butter are very rich in fatty acids like palmitic and oleic acids. These ingredients contribute to making the skin well moisturized and nourished.
- Choose all-natural products. Avoid chemicals like phthalates, parabens, SLS, and sulfates for any cost. They usually affect the properties of other ingredients and make them less effective for moisturizing care.
3. Additional Ingredients
- Most cocoa butter lotions consist of other ingredients that enhance moisturizing processes. Those are coconut oil, avocado oil, almond oil, aloe vera, vitamin E, soybean oil, and shea butter. In its pure form, the cocoa butter is very sticky and greasy; those extra ingredients make absorption easier. They also make the product less greasy.
- As said, the texture of pure and raw cocoa butter is hard and not so easy to apply and smear on your skin. Yet, some people do not mind that considering they prefer 100% organic products. If you are not against additives in your lotion, you can choose a product with creamier and lighter textures that are very easy to apply.
- We recommend you look for a non-greasy, long-lasting, smooth formula that absorbs quickly into the skin.
- The cocoa butter has a sweet, nutty, long-lasting scent, which is subtle, and many people do not mind it. But many manufacturers make their products smell more cleansing and refreshing, or even fruity. If that’s not what you are looking for or you have a very sensitive nose, you can always choose a product with unscented formula.
- Not all cocoa butter lotions are designed for the same purpose and applications. Thicker formulas are meant for use on hands. Some are designed for in-shower usage, some are made for nourishing hair, and some come in a regular form of body lotion. Choose the product according to your needs.
- These lotions come in a variety of packages such as tubs, squeeze and squirt bottles. Choose the package depending on how you prefer to use it. Squeeze bottles are great for traveling, while squirt bottles offer quick application after showering.
8. Size And Price
- Always pay attention to how much product you will get for the price. Some packages may seem affordable until you see the size of the package. What we recommend is to always calculate the cost per ounce and see if that fits in your budget.
Our Final Thoughts And Recommendations
At the end of our journey, we would like to present to you our top three favorites. We hope this article helps to highlight all the benefits of using cocoa butter lotions daily.
Best Choice: Burt’s Bees Cocoa and Cupuacu Butters Body Lotion
- This body lotion features an intense formula made from cocoa butter and cupuaçu butter. It transforms very dry, itchy, dull, and lifeless skin into radiant young-looking skin. The day-long moisture non-greasy formula will leave a clean feeling on the skin.
- This 100% organic cocoa butter for skin and hair will pamper you with its rich and moisturizing formula. It contains only raw, unrefined, cold-pressed cocoa butter, which is the only reason for a bit higher price than expected. It hydrates parched skin and hair making it smooth, baby-soft, and well protected from harmful UV rays.
Best Budget-Friendly Choice: St. Ives Softening Body Lotion, Cocoa Butter and Vanilla Bean, Pack of 4 – 21 Ounce
- It can’t go cheaper than this, and when we consider the quality of this product, we can only say this is a deal you should not miss out on. The non-greasy formula gets absorbed instantly and gives your skin a smooth and silky finish. It contains cocoa butter, soybean oil, glycerin, and vanilla extracts, which prevent moisture loss and provide a natural glow on your skin.