Top 5 Best Concealers For Eyebrows 2022:
- NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Pro Pencil
- L’Oreal Paris Magic Lumi Highlighter Concealer
- Maybelline New York Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer
- Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer and Highlighter
What is trending in makeup?
We bet that the majority of you answered eyebrows. And you are 100% right. Full and bold brows are in style.
Perfectly shaped eyebrows were the number one makeup trend in 2019, and are on the way to remain on the pedestal in 2020 as well. Of course, there are going to be some new trends that will trickle down from the fashion week catwalk too, but we will deal with those later on.
Do you want perfectly shaped eyebrows too?
All it takes is a bit of time and effort and a few essential makeup products.
Today, we will help you find the best concealer for eyebrows. It will help you get that flawlessly arched brows you have been dreaming of, create a look you want, and wow everyone!
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Concealers For Eyebrows In 2022
NYX Professional Makeup concealer comes in more than twenty different shades, so you’ll have no trouble finding one to match your skin tone and foundation. Being a non-comedogenic solution, this concealer will not block your pores, leaving your skin looking as healthy as ever.
As a bonus, it is enriched with essential skin conditioning and hydrating components.
NYX Professional Makeup concealer is designed to offer a semi-matte look. Thanks to its emollient features, it is easy to apply and does not get flaky. You do not need to use a lot as it is highly pigmented as well. A little bit goes a long way!
It is neither too runny nor too thick, so you can easily shape your eyebrows or use it to conceal blemishes and dark circles under your eyes. Once applied, it lasts almost the entire day.
A package contains 0.11 oz (3g) of the product and comes with a handy applicator brush. The product is rather budget-friendly. It is compatible with all types of skin. Still, we think people with dehydrated skin should avoid mattifying makeup altogether.
- Extremely affordable
- Suits all skin types
- Infused with essential conditioning agents
- Provides a beautiful matte look
- Non-comedogenic solution
- Highly pigmented
- You should avoid it if you have overly dry skin
- It requires time to settle
L’Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighter Concealer is ideal for all of you who want not only to shape your brows, or conceal small imperfections but also to add some glow to your face and brighten up your complexion. Its light formula provides sheer coverage since it is not heavily pigmented, but endows your look with a touch of shimmer.
This concealer features a somewhat watery formula, which makes it easy to apply and blend with the rest of your makeup. All you need to do is to apply a little bit of product and use a built-in applicator to dab it onto the area you want to brighten up and add a little bit of glow.
L’Oreal Paris Magic Lumi Highlighter Concealer comes in a luxurious package. However, even though it is more expensive than the previous member of this list, it is still reasonably priced. The metallic tube is rather small, though, and you get only 0.05 oz of product.
There are only a few shades to choose from, so your choices are limited in that regard. Still, finding an adequate shade is quite doable. The product suits all types of skin but one. Namely, it is not compatible with dry and flaky skin as it does not have any moisturizing properties.
- Perfect for highlighting your eyebrows
- Excellent nourishing capability
- Built-in applicator
- Offers sheer coverage
- Provides a touch of shimmer
- The watery formula makes applying and blending very easy
- Not suitable for people with flaky, dry skin as it is not that moisturizing
- Limited choice of shades
The Maybelline New York Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer is highly recommended by professional makeup artists worldwide. We agree that it is worth the praise. It offers a gel-infused formula that can help you get the perfect brows and eliminate fine lines, visible pores or acne scars, and all sorts of blemishes and dark circles.
Besides concealing the imperfections, this product will also illuminate your face and impart it with a subtle glow. The Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer is non-comedogenic, suitable for all skin types, and approved by dermatologists.
It moisturizes and hydrates the skin and is therefore ideal for people with dry skin as well. It nourishes the skin thanks to the essential vitamins and minerals it contains.
The gel-based formula is easy to apply, spread, and blend in with the rest of the makeup. Make sure you clean the applicator brush regularly, though, as it becomes quite useless when it is saturated with the product. There are six shades to choose from.
The packing is as good as ever. After all, Maybelline is well-known for its well-designed and practical packaging. The price and quality are well balanced.
- Illuminates and conceals
- Offers sufficient amount of hydration and moisturization
- It blends seamlessly
- Unique packaging quality
- Suitable for all types of skin including the sensitive one
- Enriched with essential vitamins and minerals.
- The applicator brush can become oversaturated with product
- Limited shade options
If you want the highest coverage effect, you should opt for a pencil concealer. Anastasia Beverly Hills – Pro Pencil is an excellent concealer but not only for your eyebrows. Namely, this pencil is great at hiding away fine lines and wrinkles, dark blemishes, and acne scars. It might just be the most versatile product on our list.
Anastacia Pro concealer comes in three different shades, so you might not find the ideal one. Of course, you can always combine it with your foundation to achieve a perfect match and blend the product more efficiently. It can double as an eyeshadow base too,
Even though it comes in a solid form, this concealer is an excellent moisturizer. Besides full-coverage, the full pigmented formula can highlight and define your brows as well. It will secure a smooth complexion and long-lasting effects.
The formula is suitable for all skin types. Application is easy, as long as you make sure your pencil is always sharp enough to perform its best. You can warm it up a bit before applying it for more effortless blending and better results.
The pencil is 9 centimeters or 3.9 inches long. Price-wise, this product is mid-ranged. It offers excellent price and quality ratio.
- Versatile and reasonably priced
- A full-pigment formula that offers full-coverage
- Smooth, flawless finish
- Ideal for all skin types
- Easily blendable
- Long-lasting effect
- One of the best drugstore eyebrow concealers
- Available in only three shades
- You need to sharpen it regularly
Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in1 concealer and highlighter is going to work wonders for your skin! It provides full coverage for all your flaws- be they real or imagined! It is highly pigmented but still has a silky, creamy texture that makes it easy to apply and blend with the rest of your makeup.
Besides superior coverage, this product offers excellent highlighting ability as well. It will not only help shape your brows and hide acne scars, dark spots and circles but also accentuate the area under your eyebrows, making them appear lifted.
The built-in applicator brush comes in handy, but you still need to dub the concealer with your fingers. However, this brush is also the weakest point of the packaging as it often gets clogged due to product accumulation.
There are five shades to choose from, but the product adapts to the tone of your skin as well, and you will surely like the results. Once it dries up, it creates a soft matte finish. Thanks to the oxygen complex, it allows your skin to breathe and is thus suitable for all skin types. It is highly affordable, especially considering the quality.
It offers a long-lasting effect of up to 13 hours. You will be able to use it for long, too, as packaging contains 0.23 oz (7ml) of the product.
- Silky texture
- Highly pigmented
- Easy application
- Excellent blending ability
- Attractive packaging
- Superior coverage
- Soft matte effect.
- 100 % safe, hygienic and eco-friendly ingredients
- The delicate built-in applicator brush
Why Buy The Eyebrow Concealer?
We are not all naturally endowed with thick, lush, or perfectly shaped eyebrows. If you think your eyebrows need a change of style, you are not condemned to painful eyebrow tattoo techniques or Microblading, nor are you limited to products such as eyebrow pencils or pomades.
Concealers have revolutionized the face makeup. Besides hiding blemishes, scars, or dark circles and spots, they can help you get the perfect thick shaped lush eyebrow too. It does sound a bit weird, but stay with us, and you’ll see that it is true.
You will see that you can make a world of difference by applying concealer and highlighter. Besides covering the undesired imperfections, concealers help you shape your brows to your liking. If you just want to lift the brows, an eyebrow concealer can do that for you too.
Here are some other things you can use the eyebrow concealer for:
- To provide a quick heal up or nourish all sorts of spots over your face
- To create a lip pout
- To hide acne, visible pores, or scars
As you can see, an eyebrow concealer is going to make a great addition to your makeup collection!
How To Choose The Best Concealer For Your Eyebrows
There are quite a few concealers available in the market today, but they are not all worth your hard-earned money. We have tested a majority of popular products and made a comprehensive buying guide you should read before you go out shopping.
Here are the things you need to consider when choosing the best concealer for your eyebrows:
- Whenever you buy a product for your face, the first thing you need to consider is the ingredients list. You want to see as many natural components as possible, and you do not want to spot any parabens, gluten, or other artificial preservatives. If you have sensitive or allergy-prone skin, make sure you buy only hypoallergenic products.
2. Skin Tone & The Shade Of Your Foundation
- The concealer you buy should match your natural skin tone since you will use it to highlight and lift your eyebrows. However, this does not mean that it should be true to your natural complexion; you should choose a concealer that is one or two tones lighter in comparison to your skin.
- You need to consider the shade of the foundation you use as well. The same rule applies – choose a lighter shade concealer. Still, make sure that it can blend with the rest of your makeup, or you risk looking unnatural.
3. Skin Type
- Just like foundations, some concealers will work best on dry skin, while others are better applied on oily or neutral skin. If you need to hydrate your skin, choose face products with such qualities. Be extra careful if you have highly sensitive skin prone to irritations or allergies. Best eyebrow concealers “feed” your skin with essential minerals and vitamins too.
- Be sure to check the actual size or volume of the concealer, especially if you are shopping online. Sometimes you can be attracted by a lower price only to find you have bought a product that is much smaller than you have expected.
5. Effectiveness & Durability
- As the name suggests, a concealer needs to conceal all your imperfections, or whatever you want to hide at the moment. If it is not effective, you have wasted your money.
- Some concealers do a great job but wear off rather quickly, and in a couple of hours, all the effects fade-out. It is equally as annoying as not being effective at all.
- For all the aforementioned reasons, you should find a highly effective eyebrow concealer with the long-lasting capacity. The effects should last at least 12 h, but you can find concealers that will work wonders that last as much as 24h as well. Do mind that such products are more aggressive to your skin, especially if it is sensitive. Use them only when you need such long-lasting effects in the first place like for whole-day events such as weddings.
- We do not recommend using waterproof products on a daily basis. Just like long-lasting makeup, waterproof products tend to be more aggressive and can cause skin irritations. On the other hand, they are a necessity on a rainy day or when you are going for a swim.
7. Your Budget
- Beauty products are notorious for their pricing. Eyebrow concealers are no exception – there are all sorts of price tags. However, price does not equal quality. Sometimes you are paying more for a renowned brand, better marketing, or a more luxurious package.
- You need not break your wallet, but do not be thrifty either. Make sure you are buying a high-quality product that will provide you with the desired effect without irritating your eyes or skin.
How To Apply The Eyebrow Concealer?
Let’s imagine that you have already read our advice and found the eyebrow concealer of your dreams. What next?
It is time to apply it correctly. We’ll help you with that too.
Here are the useful tips for applying the eyebrow concealer:
- Start from the inner corner of the eyebrow and move outwards
- Make sure to apply the concealer as close as you possibly can to your eyebrow
- When applying cream or liquid eyebrow concealers, use a small flat or angled brush
- Sharpen your pencil eyebrow concealer well before you start applying it. You can also warm it up a bit.
- When you finish applying the concealer, make sure you blend it in appropriately with the rest of your eye makeup. You should aim for a smooth transition.
Next, we’ll quickly go over the five easiest methods to use the eyebrow concealer.
Method 1: Liquid Concealer
- Apply a generous amount of your liquid concealer under your eyebrows or any other desired area. Then, take a stippling brush, spray it with a little bit of water and gently rub in the concealer with circular motions. Make sure you blend it in well.
Method 2: Cream, Gel, Or Powder Concealer
- Take a little bit of concealer onto your index and middle finger. Softly apply it to the desired area. Next, use a wet sponge to lightly press the concealer until it blends with the rest of your makeup. It will take around two minutes or so. No stroke moves, please!
Method 3: Cream concealer
- After applying your foundation, put some cream concealer onto a small paintbrush. Move the brush over the area you need to conceal, just like you would when painting something in your art class. Use your fingers to remove the excess product if needed.
Once you are done applying the product of your choice, make sure that the effects will be long-lasting by:
- Avoiding direct sunlight that can “melt” your makeup. Wear sunglasses when going out!
- Avoiding swimming, bathing, or visiting high-humidity places for at least half an hour
- Trying to minimize sweating by avoiding activities such as running or working out.
You cannot go wrong with any of the concealers on our list. Still, we must praise the NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand for its low price, high volume, and long-lasting effect.
If you want the best coverage, pay a bit more, and add marvelous Anastasia Beverly Hills – Pro Pencil to your make up collection!