Top 5 Best Damn Beauty Lip Masks 2020:
- LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask
- Fast Beauty Co. Kiss Me Gold Honey Comb Lip Mask
- Burt’s Bees Moisturizing Lip Mask
- Avashine Lip Rescue Collagen Nursing Lip Mask
- NOONI Applebutter Overnight Lip Mask
If winter has left your skin and lips dry, you have to bring out the big guns and offer them deeper hydration. You do not want to spend your summer with dry, cracked, unkissable lips, do you?
You might think that a lip balm you already own will keep you covered, but it will not be enough for this mission. For intense moisture, you have to shop for the best damn beauty lip mask on the market.
You do not necessarily have to trade in lip balm for a lip mask, though. Lip balms still deserve a place in your purse. Lip mask need not substitute your balm. In fact, the two make a perfect pair that will make your lips super-soft and kissable.
Say good-bye to the chapped pout, reach for a lip mask, and pucker up with confidence. The ones on the following Top 5 list are a great place to start!
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Damn Beauty Lip Masks In 2020
1. Avashine Lip Rescue Collagen Nursing Lip Mask – Night treatment for deep hydration
Avashine Lip Rescue Collagen Nursing Lip Mask contains a collagen peptide formula that makes the product easy to absorb, and thus you’ll have no oily or sticky feel we all dread. The mask acts quickly and will greatly renew your lip and skin tissue overnight. You’ll wake up with soft and smooth lips you have dreamt of.
The collagen is responsible for your skin firmness and healthy structure. If your lips are dehydrated, the structure breaks-down, and lines & wrinkles appear. This is where the Avashine Lip Mask can help. It will enhance the collagen fiber growth and thus restore your skin, making your lips smooth and glossy again.
You will also notice that your lips will regain their healthy rosy color. The nutrients contained in the Avashine lip mask will “feed” your pale and white lips and restore their natural color. Do not expect the plumping effect, though.
For best results, you should use the Avashine mask overnight, at least once a week. At this time, your muscles are relaxed, and the mask is absorbed more easily. There will be no residue in the morning. Even if you use it during the day, this lip mask will be far more effective than your lip balm.
The mask comes with a handy applicator. The only downside of this product might be its strong scent that can be overwhelming for some users.
- Comes in protective packaging with a handy applicator
- Reasonably priced
- Absorbs quickly and leaves no residue
- Makes lips smoother and restores their natural rosy color
- The fragrance, even though light, might feel overpowering for someone
2. NOONI Applebutter Overnight Lip Mask – With AHAs and refreshing mint
Nooni Applebutter Overnight Lip mask is yet another great product to moisturize your dry lips in only one night. You’ll receive a handy spatula to apply the mask without making any mess. The formula absorbs quickly, so there is no unpleasant feeling that would keep you from falling asleep as usual.
Even though this is a night mask, you can use it during the day, too, like a velvety balm that will make your lips smooth and glossy. This lip mask contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) that are derived from Apple Water. These acids will gently exfoliate your dry lips, remove all the dead skin cells, and leave your lips soft.
The ingredients list goes on to include Mint Extract that will provide you with a sense of freshness, and Botanical Oil Blend that will “feed” your lips with vitamins A, C & E. The Shea Butter will nourish your lips and the skin around them to perfection.
The NOONI mask will last you a long time since you only need a little bit to cover your lips. The price might be a bit higher, but matches the quality and durability of this product. This mask is vegan and gluten-free too. It contains no mineral oils, petroleum, parabens, sulfates, or phthalates.
Alpha hydroxy acids may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and increase the risk of sunburn. Mint and ginger are known to cause allergies and irritate overly-sensitive skin too.
- Spatula for mess-free application
- Shea Butter and botanical oils for a superb nourishing effect
- Mineral-oil and petroleum-free
- Little goes a long way
- Alpha hydroxy acids can increase sensitivity to the sun
- Mint and ginger can irritate the skin
3. LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask – Glamour Beauty Award Winner
It would not be fair to discuss the best lip masks without mentioning the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. The K-beauty brand’s pink tub is one of the best-sellers in the U.S. As its name suggests, it is a leave-on mask that moisturizes your lips overnight.
This mask has a form of a very thick balm and is packed with beneficial nutrients. All the best things you can find in any lip mask or balm are there – including the super-hydrating hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and antioxidants. The mask forms a sort of barrier on your lips and locks in all the moisture.
There are different flavors to choose from (vanilla, grapefruit, apple lime), but we have decided to stick to the original berry. It smells great – like a fruit salad made from all sorts of berries you can think of.
The use is rather simple- apply a generous layer onto your lips and go to sleep. It will feel a bit too thick and tacky at first but give it about fifteen minutes to sink in, and everything will be ok.
Wash off the remains in the morning, if any, and enjoy softer lips.
The Laneige lip mask comes with a small applicator. It is handy, but hard to clean afterward. The tub should last you for months.
- Saturated with beneficial nutrients
- Contains hydrating hyaluronic acid
- Different flavors to choose from
- The tub lasts for at least a couple of months
4. Fast Beauty Co. Kiss Me Gold Honey Comb Lip Mask – Hydrating Hyaluronic & Collagen mask
If you are looking for a mask that will not only hydrate your lips but also have a plumping effect, you can try out the Fast Beauty Co. Kiss Me Gold Honey Comb lip mask. It contains collagen, and if you remember, it is the number one ingredient used to achieve a plumper pout.
Collagen is also used to enhance skin elasticity and make your lips firmer. As a result, fine lines will be gone, and you can enjoy a supple, smooth appearance. Hyaluronic acid is also there to
lock in the moisture and plump the wrinkles making you look more youthful and fresh.
The package contains one sheet mask for your lips. The honeycomb gold pattern will undoubtedly look good while you are waiting for the results. The effects are immediate but, unfortunately, not long-lasting. The plumping effect will not wow you either.
On the brighter note, this lip mask is a rare product made in the USA, and TSA approved. It is vegan and cruelty-free and contains no GMO ingredients nor harmful substances such as parabens, phthalates, Chlorine, or Formaldehyde.
A single pack is an excellent option if you want to try out the mask and make sure you like it. The mask is gentle to your skin and lips and should not cause any irritations, but better be safe than sorry.
- Reasonably priced
- Single pack
- Made in the USA
- TSA approved
- Light plumping effect
- Immediate results
- The effects are not long-lasting
5. Burt’s Bees Moisturizing Lip Mask – 100% natural product
If you like to use only 100% natural products or have overly sensitive skin, you should give Burt’s Bees Moisturizing Lip Mask a try. It is a single-use product that comes in handy little sachets. The package we have tested contains six single-use sheet masks, which are more than enough to make your dry or cracked lips smooth and kissable again.
The Burt’s Bee mask contains a mixture of almond and meadowfoam seed oils. This unique blend is meant to moisturize and nourish your lips. It will also keep your skin hydrated and prevent new issues.
The Burt’s Bees Lip Mask is dermatologist-tested and thus suitable for even the most sensitive skin. It is also formulated without harmful parabens, phthalates, or petrolatum. All the Burt’s Bees products are cruelty-free too.
This hydration lip mask is quite easy to use. Take the mask out of the pouch and apply it to your lips. You should feel the effects after only five minutes. Even though according to the instruction, there is no need to rinse your lips after removing the mask, our lips felt a bit dry until we rinsed them.
The mask is reasonably priced, especially considering how effective it is. It has a pleasant scent, but it might bother you if you prefer scent-free products.
- 100 % Natural
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Practical single-use package
- Instant results
- The scent can bother some people
Why Do You Need A Lip Mask?
The matte lipsticks were trending this year, and we all had fun finding the best shade for our skin tone and then pouting for a perfect selfie. Now the fun is over, and we have to face the consequences.
What is the problem? The matte lipsticks are almost by definition, super drying. Paired with windy, cold weather, our favorite nude-ish and pink-ish matte lipsticks have most probably left us struggling with dry and cracked lips.
Yet, we cannot pour all the blame on matte products since nearly all tinted lip products irritate your lips more or less and make them dry or even cracked.
If you want to avoid the negative after-effects of your ideal lip color, you need a lip mask. Numerous beauty bloggers and celebrities world-wide are already rocking them.
What Are Lip Masks?
Lip masks might be a recent trend in the USA, but Asian women have been using them for quite a while. The current fascination with Asian skincare that bought unparalleled popularity to Korean sheet masks has also put lip masks in the spotlight all around the globe.
Lip masks have the same role as the ultra-popular sheet masks – they hydrate your skin. Of course, the difference is that they are not meant to be used on your entire face but only your lips.
After all, the skin on your lips requires a lot more moisture. For this reason, the majority of lip masks are made with thick hydrogel and highly-concentrated serum.
Lip masks come in many forms. They can look like your ordinary face cream or be a sheet shaped like your lips, only larger. Don’t worry; the latter will have a hole in the middle to allow you to breathe through your mouth.
Some lip mask products are quite similar to your lip balm; they can even be tinted. The difference is that they are a lot thicker and concentrated.
There are also peel-off or wash-off lip masks. The overnight lip masks are highly popular too. You simply apply them before you go to sleep, and you`ll wake up with perfectly smooth & soft lips.
If your lips are overly-sensitive and dry out after each swipe of lipstick, you can try natural or organic lip masks that are gentle to your skin and do not cause any irritations.
Do Lip Masks Really Work?
All lip masks promise to moisturize your lips, and some even go on to claim that they will smooth out your skin or make your lips appear plumper. Collagen, an ingredient that most lip masks contain, is advertised as kind of a mini lip-plumper.
There are even brands that assure you that their lip masks will plump your lips long term, if used regularly, of course.
How Much Is True?
- The moisturizing effect is pretty real. As we have already mentioned, lip masks, just like regular skin masks, moisturize your skin by infusing a combination of vitamins & minerals it craves for. Therefore, you can often find the same ingredients your face cream has on the ingredient list (such as vitamins C and E, hyaluronic acid, and glycerin).
Can The Collagen Do Wonders?
- Collagen is considered responsible for the tingling effect you get when using the lip-plumping products. The truth is that it cannot be absorbed by your skin, at least not to a considerable extent. Therefore, the effects are only temporary at best.
The conclusion: lip masks can moisturize and smooth out your lips, but you should not expect them to create magic and enhancements that only surgical intervention can make happen. If your expectations are realistic, you should be quite pleased with their effect.
How To Use Lip Masks
Any mask aficionado knows that there are tips & tricks you can follow to get the best possible results. Lip masks are no exception.
There are ways to prep your lips before you apply the mask as well as ideal times to use them, so let’s find out more about that. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Choose the appropriate mask for your lips by checking the ingredient label and ensuring you are not allergic or sensitive to any ingredients.
- Read the directions that accompany the lip mask. Make sure you are well aware of how long you should keep the mask on or if there are any steps you need to take before or after applying it.
- It is always a good idea to exfoliate your lips before you put the mask on. You can use a store-bought product or rely on the things you already have at home – some sugar and lemon juice, for example. You can also use your toothbrush and some water but be very gentle!
- Dry your lips thoroughly. Make sure they are completely dry so that your mask doesn’t have trouble staying on.
- Apply the lip mask following the provided instructions. It is best to lay down and do nothing while the mask works its magic. You can read a book or watch a movie to pass the time or simply meditate.
Here are some tips to follow:
- Apply a lip mask once a week. You can do it more often too, but there will be no significant difference in effect.
- If lips are irritated after using a lip mask, rinse them thoroughly and discontinue using that particular product.
- Combine the lip mask with a daily SPF lip product. Your lips are highly-susceptible to sun damage.
- If you want beautiful lips, avoid tobacco use. It can lead to dry lips as well as mouth sores or even mouth cancer- no lip mask will help you battle those.
- Incorporate a lip serum into your lip-care routine. It will also be a great aid in your daily struggle with lip issues.
- Avoid “smacking” your lips after you apply balm or lipstick. Simply apply your favorite lip product and let your lips be as that will create a protective layer on them. If you rub your lips together, you risk making your lip problems worse.
- Avoid using matte lip products on a daily basis and, instead, choose moisturizing lip glosses and lipsticks. You will surely find a shade to compliment your look and help keep your lips hydrated.
Lip masks can help you if you’re constantly struggling with dry & chapped lips – especially after the winter season.
You have to remember one thing, though. When choosing the lip mask, or any skin product, always check the ingredient list to make sure that you’re not about to use something that could irritate your skin or trigger your allergies.
As far as we are concerned, the best damn beauty lip mask you can buy this year is the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask. It is a crowned product that is selling like crazy – all for a good reason. It balances quality and price quite well and will last you for almost a year.
The best budget option is the Fast Beauty Co. Kiss Me Gold Honey Comb Lip Mask. It is a single-use sheet mask that will provide instant results for only a couple of dollars. If you plan to kiss somebody tonight, you can rely on this mask to make your lips super-soft and smoochy.
The best all-natural product is the Burt’s Bees Moisturizing Lip Mask. If you use only 100 % natural products or want a cruelty-free lip mask, give this one a try – you won’t regret it!
Any mask on the list will make your lips soft and smooth. So, buy one, use it, and don’t forget to snap a selfie!