Top 5 Best Loofahs 2020:
- Bath Shower Sponge Pack of 4 by BeautyInside
- Set of 3 Real Egyptian Bath & Shower Exfoliating Loofa Scrubber Sponges by Crafts of Egypt
- Natural Loofah Sponge Set of 2 loofa for Exfoliating Skin by Fancy Pine
- YOOVE Loofah Back Scrubber with Bamboo Charcoal
- Bath Loofah Sponge Shower for Men and Women by WhaleLife
Your bathing or shower routine can be made even more pleasant and relaxing with additional bathing supplies.
Amongst them, one stands out not only as a beauty product but also as a functional tool that helps you exfoliate your skin and remove the dead skin cells, leaving you feeling smooth and radiant.
Of course, we’re talking about loofahs, sometimes also known as shower sponges, though these are a separate category of loofahs – more on that a bit later.
From the regular, spongy loofahs to some alternatives that we found, tried out, and liked, we’ve comprised the list of the best loofah products on the market to revitalize and smoothen your skin.
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Loofahs In 2020
1. Bath Shower Sponge Pack of 4 by BeautyInside – Best Overall
If you want to go with the traditional style of shower sponge loofahs to dispose of all of the dead skin cells, the pack of four eco-friendly puffs by BeautyInside is our pick.
With sponge loofahs, it’s of prime importance that they hit the correct balance between not being too smooth (or they wouldn’t be much helpful) or too harsh (it would irritate your skin).
That’s exactly what these loofahs manage to strike. They are soft and smooth for gentle use, but you can still get a sufficient amount of exfoliating power when you use them to scrub.
Plus, 5.9 inches in diameter is the perfect size for a nice grip of your hand. With an elastic loop, it will be easy to hang it once you’re done with the bath.
With any loofah, especially the sponge ones, it’s vital to get them replaced as soon as you detect signs of discoloration or noticeable change in smell, which is why we opted for a bundle of four. They will last for quite some time!
Where does the “eco-friendly” portion of its characteristics come from?
It is made of fully recyclable meshy materials, which allows you to recycle each sponge after you are done using it.
In this bundle of four loofahs, you’ll get four different colors (white, green, grey, light brown). The colors are quite neutral and subtle, which means that these will look nice in any bathroom interior.
Of course, a nice design isn’t a priority here, but it doesn’t hurt to have aesthetic scrubbers, does it?
- Great size
- Machine washable
- Nice texture
- Neat packaging
- You get four loofahs for a budget-friendly price
- No cons here!
2. Set of 3 Real Egyptian Bath & Shower Exfoliating Loofa Scrubber Sponges by Crafts of Egypt – Best Natural
If you’re open to trying out some alternatives to the puffy sponge loofahs, these luffa scrubbers by Crafts of Egypt are a great pick.
They might feel too gentle at first, but they are actually more than efficient at sloughing off all the dry skin without reddening or skin chafing.
Just by looking at the material breakdown – natural, water-resistant fiber combined with a 100% Egyptian cotton loop – you can tell how sophisticated these loofahs are. You’ll feel as if you’re having a spa treatment for the complete cleansing of your body!
We appreciate how manufacturers paid attention to everything, even the tiniest details.
For instance, the loofahs are shipped compressed flat so that they preserve their rawness. You should just soak them in hot water for around 10 minutes, and you’ll get them back to the original shape.
You can get a single loofah or a set of up to four, and we recommend getting more because you will need to replace them regularly, just like with any other kind.
Furthermore, you can forget about any problems that may arise, as Crafts of Egypt offers a full refund if you’re not satisfied with the loofahs (which we are pretty adamant won’t be a case).
- Deeply exfoliating
- High-quality materials
- Boosts circulation
- Lather pretty well
- Comes in a cotton bag
- It takes some time until you get used to the longer shape of loofahs
3. YOOVE Loofah Back Scrubber with Bamboo Charcoal – Best for Oily Skin
The Yoove Loofah with Bamboo Charcoal is another quality pick if you prefer traditional sponge-type scrubbers.
What this loofah brings to the table, unlike many others, is bamboo charcoal (hence the all-black design of the sponge).
Due to this naturally deodorizing ingredient that draws out excess oil from your skin, the Yoove loofah is our recommendation for those of you who are struggling with clogged pores and greasy appearance.
Do you hate the feeling when you’re trying to scrub those hard-to-reach places on your back as much as we do? This loofah sports a long handle (15.5 inches) that enables you to have an extended reach without maneuvering your hands and elbows.
What is more, the handle has a textured rubber grip that prevents slipping because of the water and lather.
The loofah is coated with a layer that enables quicker dry, which, in turn, prolongs its longevity.
Besides, the company offers a 365-day warranty for manufacturing defects and a 30-day money-back guarantee, which further testifies about this product’s durability. They also send you a free stainless steel adhesive hook as a gift so that you can hang the loofah!
- Great for oily skin
- Has an ergonomic handle
- Helps eliminate odor
- Efficient exfoliating
- Mesh felt a bit rough at first, but it softens after about ten uses
4. Natural Loofah Sponge Set of 2 loofa for Exfoliating Skin by Fancy Pine – Premium Pick
Do you like the idea of cleansing your skin the natural way? The Fancy Pine natural loofah is one of the best products you can get in this category.
Made of premium Egyptian Loofah plants with flexible fibers that expand when they are wet, this loofah will make your skin thoroughly clean and radiant.
Not a single bit of this sponge is made from synthetic materials or plastic, as it features a premium Egyptian cotton loop to hang it on.
As a result of its porous texture, this loofah has high water absorption capabilities as well as quick-dry properties.
On top of that, the materials are very resistant, which means it won’t lose its form and functionality over time.
On average, you can use it for around eight weeks before it needs a replacement. This is significantly longer than with some other loofahs that last for 2 to 3 weeks.
It is a bit more expensive, but it is worth every buck because you really get the high-end spa experience, from the packaging to the actual use.
The royal-green enameled travel bag arrives with two loofahs, compressed and wrapped in delicate wax paper, which ensures that they stay in the best condition. Did we mention free washcloth?
When you soak them in warm water for approximately 10 minutes, they’ll blossom, and then you can indulge in this royal bath!
- High-quality natural materials
- Equipped with a cotton hanging loop for drying
- Free accessories
- Soft feeling on your skin
- A bit pricey
5. Bath Loofah Sponge Shower for Men and Women by WhaleLife – Budget-Friendly Pick
The Bath Loofah Sponge by WhaleLife is a real bargain, considering that you get four sponge loofahs for an incredibly low price.
Are they as good as my previous picks?
Almost. The thing is, you will probably need to replace them sooner, as the mesh used here tends to dry slower than some other kinds. However, when you take another look at the price tag, that shouldn’t be a deal-breaker.
What is important is that it is efficient at the disposal of dead skin cells and scrubbing, mildly and deeply. And it creates an abundance of lather; perhaps most of all the loofahs on the list!
They are a bit smaller than a standard loofah (4.7 inches), which makes them suitable for any hand size. As they come in a lovely eco-friendly bag with the zip-lock seal at the top, they also make for a wonderful gift!
Another cool thing is that these loofahs are solid, and the layers of mesh won’t separate and flop around while you’re washing your body. Flimsy sponges are something that you want to avoid at all costs!
We tried the white variant, which is great for determining when the sponge gets dirty and needs to be changed, but you can also get the pink version if you prefer to judge it by discoloration.
- Suitable for the whole family
- Cheapest on our list
- Excellent exfoliating action
- Lathers very well
- A relatively short lifespan
Factors To Consider To Get The Best Loofah For You
You may think that buying loofahs is as easy as ABC, but it isn’t like that in practice. There are still a number of characteristics you should consider to get the best loofah that will help you pamper your skin properly.
They may seem harmless, but if you go for a bad one, it’ll be a real bacterial paradise that will cause more damage than use to your skin. That’s why we strongly recommend reading the next section and going for one of our picks described above.
Every dermatologist will tell you that you should pay attention to the following:
1. Type Of Loofah
First and foremost, you ought to pick the right type of loofah for your needs. Here are the most common ones:
- These are what comes to mind when you hear “loofah” – regular scrubbers that are spongy and fluffy, usually made of some kind of mesh.
- They keep the same shape even when they are wet, and due to a specific texture, they are very efficient at scrubbing.
- You have to pay attention, though, so that their texture is not too harsh, or they may cause irritation and chafed skin. In case you’re fighting oily skin, you can go for those that are infused with bamboo and charcoal (we have one on our list).
- This kind of loofah is made from 100% natural materials, usually from dried Egyptian gourd and cotton fibers, that are easy on any type of skin and enable the perfect smooth finish.
- The shape of natural loofahs is a bit odd – they tend to be longer and narrower than the regular loofah – but are nevertheless a great alternative.
- We’re glad to see that this option is becoming more and more popular, and you can find a couple of these on our list.
- Although manufacturers have been trying to come up with some variants that are made from food-grade silicone that doesn’t do damage to your skin, these are not our favorite.
- They just aren’t that efficient at exfoliating and can irritate the skin. That’s why you won’t find them on our list!
- While loofah gloves aren’t harsh on the skin and can help reduce cellulite, we are not their fans.
- You’ll find it hard to reach the back, and they are also less durable because they take more time to dry.
- As we’ve stressed a couple of times already (and we probably will again by the end of the article), regular replacement of your loofah is crucial to achieving its benefits.
- So, when buying one, you should check the following info: How often does it need to be replaced? Is the replacement affordable? Can you get a set of more so that it lasts longer?
- These are all the issues that we’ve addressed in our in-depth reviews above.
- A perfect loofah only needs to be dried thoroughly, and it stays in good condition, while some require regular washing.
- Be that as it may, our piece of advice regarding maintenance is always to rinse them with cold water after you’re done until you make sure there’s no lather, and then dry them as quickly as possible.
How To Use Loofahs?
The key to making the most of all beneficial properties of loofahs is to use them properly.
If you don’t, the consequences can outweigh the positive effects that it has on your skin, and you’re back to square one or may even make it worse.
Here are some tips:
- Replace your loofah as soon as it shows some discoloration or has a funky smell.
- If you want to prolong your favorite loofah’s duration, prevent it from staying damp after a bath or a shower. You can do so by heating it, which reduces the buildup of bacteria.
- Place a hook in the shower where you can hang your loofah to dry completely. If you use more than one sponges, make sure that they do not touch.
- Holes and creases are especially prone to those microorganisms, so pay additional attention to keep them as dry as possible.
- The best product to use with a loofah is just a regular bar of soap. Some people think that it’s advisable to use scrub soap, but it’s too much scrubbing; you don’t need it. If you prefer body washes, it’s okay to use them too, just make sure to lean towards those that contain fewer chemicals.
Final Words & Our Recommendations
Our pick for the best loofah is the 6-Pack Eco-friendly Loofah by Impressa, which offers that 100-percent-clean feel we’re all seeking. Most importantly, for a budget-friendly price, you’ll get a pack of six sponges, which means you’ll be able to swap them regularly.
If you’re in for trying an alternative type of loofah, made of natural and chemical-free materials, you should try the Egyptian Bath & Shower Exfoliating Loofa Scrubber by Crafts of Egypt, our best natural loofah.
Finally, if you’re willing to treat yourself to the most luxurious bathing tools and make a real, heavenly experience out of your bath, go for our premium pick, the Natural Loofah Sponge Set of 2 loofa for Exfoliating Skin by Fancy Pine.
Whichever one you choose, you’re in for a spa-like experience and a perfect balance of abrasive scrubbing and softness!