Though the jury is still out on whether or not coconut oil is good for permed hair, some people believe that it can help to protect your hair from the damaging effects of the perm.
Coconut oil is thought to be able to penetrate the hair shaft and lock in moisture, which can help to keep your hair looking healthy and shiny.
This article will explore the benefits and risks of using coconut oil on permed hair.
We will also provide some tips on how to use it if you decide to give it a try as well as some alternative oils that may be better suited for your hair type.
Is Coconut Oil Good for Permed Hair?
There is no definitive answer to this question as coconut oil can be either good or bad for permed hair, depending on the individual’s hair type and needs.
For example, if someone has dry, brittle hair that is prone to breakage, using coconut oil may make their hair feel greasy and weighed down. However, if someone has oily hair, using coconut oil may help to tame the frizz and add shine.
Ultimately, it is best to experiment with different amounts and methods of using coconut oil to see what works best for your own hair.
How Do You Apply Coconut Oil to a Perm? Tips on Using Coconut Oil for Permed Hair
If you decide to give coconut oil a try for permed hair, here are some tips:
- Start with a small amount – a few drops should be enough. Coconut oil can be quite heavy and greasy, so you don’t want to use too much.
- Make sure that the coconut oil is in its liquid form before using it. If it’s solid, heat it up in a microwave-safe container for a few seconds until it liquefies.
- Apply the coconut oil to wet hair and massage it in gently.
- Leave it in for at least 20 minutes, or overnight if you can.
- Rinse thoroughly and style as usual.
- If your hair is particularly dry or damaged, you can repeat this process up to three times per week.
With regular use, you should start to see a difference in your hair’s appearance. It should be shinier, softer, and less frizzy.
What Are the Benefits and Risks of Using Coconut Oil on Permed Hair?
There are both benefits and risks to using coconut oil on permed hair.
- Coconut oil is thought to help protect your hair from the damaging effects of the perm.
- Coconut oil is thought to be able to penetrate the hair shaft and lock in moisture, which can help to keep your hair looking healthy and shiny.
- Coconut oil is a natural alternative to conventional hair care products that may contain harsh chemicals.
- There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that coconut oil can help protect your hair from the damaging effects of the perm.
- Coconut oil may make your hair greasy or oily if you use too much.
- Coconut oil may not be suitable for all hair types. If you have fine, delicate, or oily hair, you may want to avoid using coconut oil on your hair.
How to Avoid the Risks of Coconut Oil for Permed Hair
There are a few things you can do to avoid the risks of using coconut oil on your hair:
- Only use a small amount of coconut oil on your hair.
- Make sure you apply the coconut oil to dry, clean hair.
- Avoid using too much coconut oil on your hair. A little goes a long way!
- If you have fine, delicate, or oily hair, you may want to avoid using coconut oil on your hair.
- Always consult with your stylist before using any new products on your hair, including coconut oil.
Can You Put Coconut Oil in Your Hair After a Perm?
Yes, you can put coconut oil in your hair after a perm. Coconut oil is a great moisturizer for your hair and can help to keep it healthy and shiny.
Coconut oil can also help to protect your hair from damage and keep it looking its best.
After Using Coconut Oil on Your Permed Hair, How Can You Keep Your Hair Healthy and Moisturized?
First, avoid using any products that contain alcohol. Alcohol strips the hair of its natural oils and can cause further damage to permed hair.
Second, use a deep conditioner at least once a week. A good deep conditioner will help to replenish the moisture that has been lost due to the perming process.
Third, use a leave-in conditioner daily. A leave-in conditioner will help to keep your permed hair hydrated and looking its best.
Fourth, avoid using heat styling tools as much as possible. Heat styling can cause further damage to permed hair. If you must use heat styling tools, be sure to use a heat protectant spray beforehand.
By following these four simple tips, you can help to ensure that your permed hair stays healthy and hydrated. Coconut oil is a great way to help maintain the health of your permed hair. By using coconut oil on a regular basis, you can help to keep your permed hair looking its best.
Alternative Oils to Use for Permed Hair
As you probably know, coconut oil has a ton of benefits for your permed hair. But what about if you don’t want to use coconut oil? Is there an alternative oil that you can use that will still give you the same benefits?
Here are some other oils that you can try:
- Argan oil: Argan oil is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids, which make it great for your permed hair. It can help to protect your hair from damage and keep it looking healthy.
- Jojoba oil: Jojoba oil is similar to coconut oil in that it is also rich in fatty acids and antioxidants. It can help to moisturize your hair and make it look shiny and healthy.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is another oil that is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids. It can help to protect your hair from damage and keep it looking healthy.
- Sweet almond oil: Sweet almond oil is rich in vitamins A and E, which can help to nourish your hair. It can also help to make your hair look shiny and healthy.
- Avocado oil: Avocado oil is rich in fatty acids, which can help to moisturize your hair. It can also help to make your hair look shiny and healthy.
These are just a few of the alternative oils that you can use for your permed hair. If you don’t want to use coconut oil, then try one of these other oils to see if it works better for you.
The Bottom Line
Coconut oil is a great way to help maintain the health of your permed hair. By using coconut oil on a regular basis, you can help to keep your permed hair looking its best. Coconut oil is a natural, safe, and effective way to help keep your permed hair healthy and hydrated.
Have you ever used coconut oil in your hair? What were your results? Let us know in the comments below!