Most people know that you shouldn’t dye your hair too often, because it can damage your hair. But did you know that you should also wait a certain amount of time between hair gloss treatments? If you don’t, you could end up damaging your hair even more.
With that said, in this article, we’re going to answer the question: how long should you wait between hair gloss treatments? We’ll also give you some tips on how to keep your hair healthy in between treatments.
So, if you’re interested in learning more, then keep reading!
What is a Hair Gloss Treatment?
A hair gloss treatment is a type of semi-permanent hair color. Unlike permanent hair dye, which actually changes the structure of your hair, semi-permanent hair color only coats the outside of your hair.
This makes it a much safer option if you’re looking to change up your look without damaging your hair.
Hair gloss treatments can also add shine and depth to your hair, which is why they’re often used as a finishing step in professional hair color services.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Hair Gloss Treatments?
Now that you know a little bit more about hair gloss treatments, let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons.
- Hair gloss treatments are much safer for your hair than permanent hair dyes.
- They can add shine and depth to your hair.
- They’re relatively inexpensive.
- They don’t last as long as permanent hair dyes (usually only 1-2 weeks).
- You may need to touch up your roots more often if you have lighter hair.
Why Need to Wait Between Hair Gloss Treatments?
With all of the positive effects hair gloss has, you might be thinking about why there needs to be a waiting period between treatments. If it’s not harming your hair, is there any real downside to doing it more frequently?
Well, even though hair gloss treatments are safe for your hair, that doesn’t mean you should do them all the time. Just like with any other hair color treatment, it’s important to give your hair a break in between treatments. This will help ensure that your hair stays healthy and strong.
Also, if you do hair gloss treatments too often, you may start to notice that the color doesn’t take as well or looks uneven.
How Long Should You Wait Between Hair Gloss Treatments?
Ideally, you should wait at least 4-6 weeks in between treatments. This will give your hair enough time to recover from the last treatment and will help prevent any damage.
Of course, if you have very damaged hair, then you may need to wait even longer between treatments. In this case, it’s best to consult with a professional hairstylist to get their opinion on how often you should be getting treatments.
How to Know if Your Hair Needs a Break?
There are a few signs that you can look for to see if your hair needs a break from hair gloss treatments.
- Your hair feels dry and brittle.
- Your hair is starting to look dull.
- You’re noticing more split ends.
- Your scalp is feeling dry or irritated.
If you notice any of these signs, then it’s probably time to take a break from hair gloss treatments.
How to Fix Damaged Hair From Over-processing
If you have over-processed hair, there are a few things you can do to help repair the damage. First, you’ll want to use a deep conditioning treatment once a week. This will help add moisture back into your hair and make it softer and smoother.
You should also try to avoid using heat-styling tools as much as possible. If you must use them, make sure to use a heat protectant spray beforehand. And be sure to use the lowest setting possible. In addition, you might want to trim your hair to remove any damaged ends.
How to Keep Your Hair Healthy in Between Treatments?
In order to maintain healthy hair in between approaches, let’s explore some tips:
- Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner: Be sure to use a gentle shampoo and conditioner that won’t strip your hair of its natural oils.
- Avoid heat styling: Try to avoid heat styling your hair as much as possible. If you must use heat, be sure to use a heat protectant spray beforehand.
- Get regular trims: Get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks to get rid of any damaged or split ends.
- Use a deep conditioner: Use a deep conditioner at least once a week to help keep your hair hydrated and healthy.
- Protect your hair from the sun: Be sure to protect your hair from the sun by wearing a hat or scarf when you’re outdoors.
- Avoid tight styles: Avoid putting your hair up in tight styles that can cause breakage and put unnecessary stress on your hair.
- Brush your hair gently: Be sure to brush your hair gently to avoid damaging it.
When to Avoid Hair Gloss Treatments
There are a few times when you should avoid getting hair gloss treatments. If you have very damaged hair, it’s best to avoid any type of chemical treatment until your hair has had a chance to recover.
You should also avoid hair gloss treatments if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because the chemicals in the hair gloss can be harmful to your baby.
Finally, if you have a history of allergic reactions to hair color products, then you should avoid hair gloss treatments. If you’re not sure if you’re allergic, it’s best to consult with a doctor before getting treatment.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know the answer to the question: how long should you wait between hair gloss treatments? You can make sure that you don’t damage your hair by waiting too long between treatments.
Just be sure to follow the tips above to keep your hair healthy and strong in between treatments.
Have you ever had a hair gloss treatment? What tips do you have for keeping your hair healthy in between treatments? Let us know in the comments below! Your input is valuable to us.
Read More: Hair Gloss Treatment: How Long Does It Take?