It seems like blond hair was always a good choice. First of all, men love it, and it stands out in the crowd. During summer vacation, it gives you a certain tropical look, and most importantly, women with blonde hair are considered to be bubbly and friendly.
Being a natural blonde is rare, so if you are one of those – you are lucky. It’s not an easy process dying your hair blonde. Today, there are a ton of products and procedures you must go through to get your desired color. By the time you reach your desired shade of blond, you might have to change your shampoo and bleach your hair several times.
If you are looking for a short guide on achieving a perfect platinum blonde shade, you are in the right place. By reading this article, you will learn how to whiten your hair in 4 easy ways, all the necessary products you need, and does platinum blonde seriously damage your hair.
How To Get Platinum Blonde From Golden Blonde?
Platinum blonde is becoming more and more popular recently, but before rushing to the hairdresser’s, there are a few things you should consider:
First of all, be realistic about this. Bear in mind that the darker the natural color, the more time it will take to achieve this. Also, if previous procedures damaged your hair, why do this to it again?
You will have to get your hair bleached more than once, and this means that it will take a few “undefined” shades before the final one.
Be prepared to spend some extra cash on serums and oils for maintenance. Everyone knows that blonde hair requires more care than other colors, so this is a must if you want your hair to remain healthy.
Be sure what shade you are aiming for – even though platinum blonde is “self-explanatory,” there are many similar shades. You wouldn’t want to end up with the wrong one after everything your hair has been through.
Does Platinum Blonde Damage Your Hair?
Since platinum blonde is not a one-time process and all kinds of chemicals will be included in the process of dying your hair, there is likely to be some damage and pain, but this is a standard part.
Firstly, your hair will get damaged to some extent – but you can do something and minimize the damage. A hairdresser may tell you not to wash your hair for a few days before you book your next appointment and purchase a hydrating regeneration mask you should apply to save your hair as much as possible.
Some visible damages are dryness and being too tangled.
Secondly, you might experience some pain during the process. You may feel like something on your head caught fire – but relax – it’s just the bleach. This irritation could last between 20 and 30 minutes, depending on how long you leave the bleach on your hair.
Whiten Yellow Hair In 4 Ways
- Your hair can become platinum blonde in 4 easy ways:
- Using toner – Look for purple toner in a local drugstore and apply it after bleaching. Mix it with a red-gold corrector. A tip: use the color wheel to help you select the right toner. Mix the creme developer and apply it according to instructions. Most importantly, get a professional whitening treatment.
- Using purple shampoo – Select a purple shampoo (Tressa Watercolors Violet Washe Shampoo, John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone-Correcting, Clairol Shimmer Lights, etc.) and wash your hair with it. Do this for 2-3 times in a row.
- Using gentian violet – Buy this product at a pharmacy and mix two drops of it with cold water. After mixing, dip your hair in it and leave it like that for 60 seconds. Dry your hair and repeat this weekly.
- Using lemon – Squeeze a lemon and rub it in your hair. After this, spend time in the sun and finish it all by conditioning your hair.
Is Platinum Blonde Hair Difficult For Maintenance?
This kind of venture requires a little extra money and a lot more products included in your hair washing routine:
- Use sulfate-free shampoos – SUNSET BLVD Blonde Shampoo.
- Replenish lost moisture – Olaplex
- Cleanse with Conditioner – Cool Blonde Conditioner
- Rely on dry shampoo to get you through – Gold Lust Dry Shampoo
- Use treatment masks once a week – Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask
You should rely on all of these products and try not to skip them while washing your hair.
Recommended Products For Platinum Blonde
- Beauty influencers and assistants have taken this very seriously, and thanks to them, you can get a full product review within just a few minutes.
- Here are some products that seem to be popular online:
- IGK Toning Drops and R+Co High Dive Leave-In Conditioner – softens down the yellow color.
- Christophe Robin Baby Blonde Mask – recommended by many cosmeticians.
- Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil – for healthier hair.
- Joico Blond Life Shampoo + Conditioner – for hydration.
- Joshica Beauty Coconut & Brazilian Mango Shea Hair Butter – avoiding buildup.
- Unite 7 Seconds Condition – protection from UV and heat.
Platinum Blonde In Fashion
It’s not unusual that almost everyone wanted to go platinum blonde by seeing a celebrity rock this look. This shade also became a signature mark for some.
- The first person that comes to mind when you think of “platinum blonde” must be Christina Aguilera. Her perfect, almost white hair is like that because of Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo.
- Cara Delevingne is known for experimenting with numerous hairstyles and colors. Of course, she decided to go platinum blonde and became a hit every time she appeared with this color on the red carpet.
- Solagne also engaged in this process and put her afro hair to challenge. It worked, and the results were amazing. This is proof that every type of color can undergo this process if properly done.
- Lady Gaga may have been known for great wigs and outfits, but heads started to turn when she turned platinum blonde. This color gave her an ice queen look.
- Ava Max is one of the newly discovered artists with an unusual haircut, and she decided to break the ice with the perfect shade of platinum blonde.
How To Get Platinum Blonde Hair From Golden Blonde – Conclusion
Today, it is not easy dying your hair blonde. There are a ton of products and procedures you must go through to get your desired color. By the time you reach your perfect shade of blond, you might have to change many shampoos and conditioners.
Before going full platinum blonde, you must come to terms with some things. It would be best if you were realistic with this, considering the current state of your hair. You will have to get your hair bleached more than once and have a clear idea of the shade that you want.
During this treatment, there might be some damage such as dryness and the feeling of something burning, but this is just temporary, and you can prevent it by using the right products.
You can whiten gold hair in 4 easy ways: using lemon, toner, purple shampoo, or gentian violet.
Platinum blonde might be a little harder for maintenance than other hair colors, but there should be no problem if you are willing to spend some extra cash on recommended products and include them in your routine every time.
Many celebrities rocked this icy look and left the audience and fans speechless. Some of the most famous are Christina Aguilera, Lady Gaga, Ava Max, Cara Delevingne, and Solagne.