As women, we go through a lot both with clothes and makeup every day, and we have to pay attention and take good care of our body and skin.
Sometimes, makeup can go wrong, and clothes can be uncomfortable. Also, your undergarments must fit you well, so when some problems with your bra occur, it can become very tricky. For example, how to get rid of bra strap indentations?
If you had this problem recently and didn’t know how to handle it properly, continue reading this article, and we will provide you with a couple of great solutions for this problem as well as some other important facts about bras.
Solve This Problem Once And For All
Surely, you have had problems with bra straps. You must learn how to deal with this problem and prevent your shoulders from hurting more.
Here are a couple of practical solutions for bra strap indentations:
Choose The Right Size Of Bra
This is the most common problem because women often fail to choose the right size bra for them. Some go for a lot smaller size, and others go for a bit larger size.
Neither of those two leads to a good outcome, and ending up with a smaller bra can give you a lot more trouble. So, it is important to be aware of your size and choose the bra accordingly.
In order to choose the right one, make measurements according to your:
- Bra size: 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46 and 48 are the bra cup volumes.
- Band size: in order to get this right, hold the measuring tape around your upper waist beneath your breasts and take your measurements.
You know you chose the right bra size if:
- The band feels comfortable, and you are allowed to move without having to adjust your bra at the same time.
- The cup size fits you well, and there is no loose space or not enough space.
- The underwire of your bra doesn’t hurt your breasts.
- The gore (bridge of the bra) doesn’t put pressure on your chest.
Use Some Milk
Although you might have never thought about using milk and bra in one sentence, this ingredient can do a lot for you. It can serve as a scrub and lighten the dark patches on your shoulders.
Because of its healthy compositions, you can fix this problem by mixing some regular milk and almond oil. Use this mixture as a scrub and rub it on your shoulders gently.
The combination of these two nutrients will surely soothe your skin.
After you covered your shoulders with this mixture, put a towel over it and let it absorb for a couple of minutes. In the end, wash the mixture away with some warm water.
Sugar and Walnuts Help
Another solution to this problem can be using sugar and walnut scrub. The process is similar to the one with milk and almond oil.
After you make a sugar and walnut scrub, massage this on your shoulders for a couple of minutes until you cover the entire area you are having trouble with.
You can also add some lemon juice. However, if you have sensitive or broken skin, avoid this ingredient and rely only on sugar and walnuts.
If you have really bad problems with patches on your shoulders, visit a professional and try fixing this problem with massage oil. This particular treatment will contribute to good circulation and reduction of patch marks.
If you wish to have this product at home when problems occur, go and buy some Bio-oil. This is available in any drugstore in your local area.
Wear Your Sunscreen
There is a higher chance of patches appearing during summer. This is every woman’s nightmare, and it hurts like hell.
So, what do you do? Wear a lot of sunscreens, of course.
Before going out in the hot temperatures, take a few minutes and apply some sunscreen. It won’t take long, and you will save yourself from any unnecessary pain.
Drink A Lot Of Water
Hydrating yourself is very important. But how does this help with bra indentations?
By drinking a fair amount of water, you will improve your skin condition and reduce the chances of any patches appearing.
To make it even more healthy, try adding some fruits and vegetables. It is that simple, but it is very useful.
The last thing you could opt for is wearing a strapless bra. This depends mainly on personal preferences. Someone does not feel comfortable with wearing this, and women with a larger cup size have difficulty wearing strapless bras in general.
Bra Hacks 101
Bras can sometimes be very complicated to deal with, so some proven hacks can help you a lot.
After some research, we have come to the conclusion that every woman should be familiar with the following hacks:
- Make your old bra a backless one – cut where the strap meets the back and where the back meets the cup.
- Saw a tab into your tank top – by doing this, you will prevent the straps from pointing and hurting you.
- Store bras by draping them over a hanger – this will keep your bras in shape.
- Use a pin bra – you can use this when you are wearing an open back dress.
- Dry your bras in the fresh air – after washing your bras, you should hang them and let them dry on their own instead of throwing them into the drier because they will lose their shape.
- Get a modeled cup container – this is very convenient when you are traveling.
- Buy moleskin – if you are having trouble with an underwire that is poking you, buy some moleskin and glue it around the small hole in the bra.
Bra Strap Syndrome
Bra strap symptom occurs when you have been wearing a small bra for a long time. This is also called “costoclavicular syndrome” because it affects your costoclavicular passage.
How do you recognize this condition?
- Indentations in the shoulder area
- Swollen shoulders and hands
- Weakness in hands and arms
- Limited arm movement
Women of any age can be affected by this, and these indentations on the skin can be red, sore, or even raw. Apart from your shoulders’ surface, your tissue underneath is also affected because of all the pressure.
If you are having trouble with this, there are a couple of pieces of advice that can minimize the pain.
You can start by heating up moist and rubbing your shoulders.
You can do some yoga and stretching.
If you are comfortable with it, you can switch to wearing a strapless bra for some time until your shoulders heal. Practicing good posture is also important.
This can be a very painful experience, so in the future, be extra careful when choosing your bra size and look for styles that provide more support and are made for your body type.
If you are having trouble finding a bra type that suits you, here are some of the basic types which might help you decide.
- Nursing bra – this is made for women during the period of breastfeeding.
- Lounge bra – this is a bra without any wires, perfect for days when you want just to relax.
- Longline bra – this bra provides extra support and is perfect to wear under tight clothes.
- Multiway bra – with this bra, straps can be modified according to you.
- Soft bra – this bra is made for women who prefer to wear a bra without underwires.
- Sports bra – this is pretty much self-explanatory (during sports, exercising, running)
Related: Can I Dye My Hair While Breastfeeding? Is It Safe?
How To Get Rid Of Bra Strap Indentations – Conclusion
Women go through a lot both with clothes and makeup every day, and therefore it is very important that they pay attention and take good care of their body and skin. When some problems with your bra occur, it can become very tricky, and you learn how to deal with that.
How to get rid of bra strap indentations? There are actually a couple of ways in which you can prevent this from happening, and here are some of them: You should choose the right size bra. It is important to be aware of your size and choose the bra accordingly. Another way of dealing with this is by mixing some regular milk and almond oil. Use this mixture as a scrub and rub it on your shoulders gently.
You can also use a walnut and sugar scrub if you prefer this mixture more.
You can also prevent this problem by drinking a lot of water and hydrating your body. Lastly, you can choose to wear a strapless bra for some time until your shoulders heal.
Bra strap symptom occurs when you have been wearing a small bra for a long time. You are suffering from this if you have: indentations in the shoulder area, swollen arms and hands, and limited arm movement.
You can prevent this from happening, minimize the pain by heating moisture and rubbing it on your shoulders, practicing good posture, and switching to a strapless bra if you are comfortable with it.
Some of the basic bra types are nursing bra, lounge bra, longline bra, multiway bra, etc.