Damage to hair from perm is a common problem. In order to repair the damage, you need to know what caused it in the first place.
There are many ways to damage your hair from a perm, and each one requires a different approach to repairing the damage.
Here are five of the most common ways that people damage their hair from perms, and how to fix it.
5 Ways to Damage Your Hair From a Perm
One of the most common ways that people damage their hair from perms is by over-processing the hair. This means that they use too much chemicals or heat on their hair, which can cause the hair to become dry and brittle. In addition, over-processing can also cause the hair to become frizzy and unmanageable.
2. Not Using a Heat Protectant
Another common way that people damage their hair from perms is by not using a heat protectant. When you use hot tools on your hair, it is important to use a heat protectant to help prevent the hair from becoming damaged. Heat protectants help to create a barrier between the hair and the heat, which can help to keep the hair from becoming dry and brittle.
3. Not Trimming Regularly
Another common way that people damage their hair from perms is by not trimming their hair regularly. When you perm your hair, the chemicals can cause the ends of the hair to become damaged. If you do not trim your hair regularly, the damaged ends can begin to split and break, which can lead to further damage.
4. Not Using a Leave-In Conditioner
Another common way that people damage their hair from perms is by not using a leave-in conditioner. Leave-in conditioners help to hydrate the hair and make it more manageable. If you do not use a leave-in conditioner, the hair can become dry and brittle, which can lead to further damage.
5. Not Using the Right Products
Another common way that people damage their hair from perms is by not using the right products. There are a variety of different products on the market that are designed to help repair damaged hair from perms.
However, not all of these products are created equal. Some products contain harsh chemicals that can further damage the hair.
These are just a few of the most common ways that people damage their hair from perms
How to Fix Damaged Hair From a Perm
If you have damaged your hair from a perm, there are a few things that you can do to fix the damage. Every situation is different, so it is important to consult with a professional to see what will work best for your individual case. However, here are five general tips for fixing damaged hair from a perm:
- Use a reconstructive treatment: If your hair is severely damaged from a perm, you may need to use a reconstructive treatment. These treatments help to repair the inner structure of the hair, which can help to prevent further damage.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment: Deep conditioning treatments can help to hydrate and nourish the hair, which can help to repair damage from a perm.
- Use a protein treatment: Protein treatments can help to rebuild and strengthen the hair, which can help to repair damage from a perm.
- Trim your hair regularly: As we mentioned before, one of the best ways to prevent further damage from a perm is to trim your hair regularly. This will help to get rid of any split ends or damaged hair that could lead to further damage.
- Use the right products: As we mentioned before, it is important to use the right products when you have damaged hair from a perm. There are a variety of different products on the market that can help to repair the damage. However, not all of these products are created equal. Some products contain harsh chemicals that can further damage the hair. Therefore, it is important to consult with a professional to see which products are right for your individual case.
What to Prepare Before Starting the Repair Process?
Determine the level of damage: First, you need to determine the level of damage your hair has sustained. If your hair is severely damaged, it may be best to consult a professional stylist. Otherwise, you can follow the steps below to repair your hair at home.
Choose a repair method: There are a few different repair methods available. You can choose a method based on the severity of the damage, your personal preference, and your budget.
Gather the right products: Once you know how damaged your hair is, you can gather the right products to help repair it. If your hair is only mildly damaged, a simple conditioner may be all you need. However, if your hair is severely damaged, you may need to use a deep conditioner or mask.
Be patient: It is important to be patient when repairing damaged hair. Depending on the severity of the damage, it may take several weeks or even months to see results.
Follow the instructions: Be sure to follow the instructions on any hair care product you use. This will help ensure that you are using the product correctly and getting the best results.
How to Care for Your Perm Hair After the Repair Process?
Use a gentle shampoo: After you have repaired your damaged hair, it is important to use a gentle shampoo. Harsh shampoos can strip away the natural oils in your hair, which can dry it out and lead to further damage.
Use a conditioner: It is also important to use a conditioner every time you wash your hair. This will help to hydrate and nourish your hair, which can prevent further damage.
Avoid heat styling: Heat styling can damage your hair, so it is best to avoid it after you have repaired your hair. If you must use heat styling, be sure to use a heat protectant spray.
Be gentle: Be sure to handle your hair gently after you have repaired it. Avoid brushing it too harshly, and be careful when styling it.
See a professional: If your hair is severely damaged, it is best to see a professional stylist for help. They can help you choose the best products and styles to help repair your hair.
The process of repairing damaged hair after a perm can be time-consuming and difficult.
However, by following the techniques outlined above, you can assist in the repair of your hair while also preventing future harm. If your hair is severely damaged, see a professional immediately.
Otherwise, use any Hair Care product that suggests patience while you wait for your hair to heal on its own. You may have healthy, beautiful hair again with time and perseverance.
Do you have any questions? Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We would be happy to help!
Read Also: How to Repair Damaged Hair From Dye?