Top 5 Best Jojoba Oils 2021:
- Jojoba Oil by Leven Rose
- Kate Blanc Cosmetics Jojoba Oil
- Cliganic USDA Organic Jojoba Oil
- Now Solutions Organic Jojoba Oil
- Viva Naturals Organic Jojoba Oil
If you’re not familiar with jojoba oil, now is the time to get to know it and discover its potentials. Jojoba oil is very versatile and it is so sensitive that it suits almost every skin type!
It is anti-inflammatory, antifungal, analgesic, antiviral, antibacterial and hypoallergenic, so you can assume why we devoted our time in researching jojoba oil and writing this article for you!
It’s also very popular in the beauty industry because it offers multiple benefits for the skin, hair, and body. Furthermore, it is best known to help with acne, defrizzing hair, minimizing fine lines, and nourishing nails. What you might not know is that Native Americans used jojoba oil to heal wounds and scars!
Another unique thing about this oil is that it is chemically and structurally similar to human sebum, making it perfect for acne and pimples!
Of course, as always, we created this list of the 5 best jojoba oils on the market, a guide on what to consider before buying one, and tips on how to use it.
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Jojoba Oils In 2021
1. Jojoba Oil by Leven Rose – Best Overall
Without any doubt, we can say that this is the best Jojoba oil by far! Leven Rose Jojoba oil is 100% pure organic, hexane-free, cold-pressed, and USDA certified. Also, this jojoba oil is unrefined, which means all the essential nutrients and fatty acids are preserved.
The bottle itself is esthetically pleasing and comes with a useful dropper. But what is most important is that this bottle is made from dark amber glass, which protects the oil from light exposure. Moreover, it comes in a generous size of 4 oz.
This jojoba oil can be used for various beauty treatments, from makeup removal, massages, and moisturizing to dry scalp, split ends, nourishing beards, nail cuticles, acne treatment, and many more.
Leven Rose Jojoba oil has the right consistency and feels very light on the skin. Many people have claimed that it absorbs very well and that it works best for oily and acne-prone skin. Although some of them say, it dries the skin, which is expected because every skin type is different. Also, the smell of the oil is somewhat unpleasant, which can be a dealbreaker for many of us.
Moreover, this oil leaves your hair very shiny and soft to the touch. However, a few people complained that it leaves the scalp a little oily, but that also depends on your skin and hair type.
- Generous bottle size
- Dark amber bottle protects the oil
- Feels light
- Absorbs well
- Best for acne-prone skin
- Leaves hair very soft
- Unpleasant smell
- Can make hair a little oily
- Some people claimed it dries the skin
2. Kate Blanc Cosmetics Jojoba Oil – Our premium Pick
There are many good reasons why this Jojoba oil is in our second place! Kate Blanc Jojoba oil is USDA Certified Organic, and it is 100% pure and authentic, it is unrefined and hexane-free.
This jojoba oil is packaged in the dark, plastic bottle, which we believe to be the downside of this product. The design of the container is nice, but the packaging could improve a little. Many people have complained that the dropper end is way too wide thus, you can’t precisely get the desired amount. We recommend dripping the oil in your hand first and then applying the right amount for the best results.
This oil is used in a wide range of beauty treatments for the skin, hair, nails, and even nourishing beards. It proved to be very useful on oily skin. People have claimed it reduces dry skin and redness very fast.
The great thing about this oil is that it doesn’t clog pores like many other brands! Also, you are not likely to get breakouts and irritation from this oil.
The high price is a disadvantage, but on the other hand, it comes in a package of 16 oz of oil. We believe this is the fair amount of oil for this price, and the quality is certain!
- Perfect for oily skin
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Doesn’t cause breakouts and irritation
- Reduces redness and dry skin
- It’s expensive
- Dropper end is way to wide thus you can’t precisely get the desired amount
- Comes in a plastic bottle
3. Cliganic USDA Organic Jojoba Oil – Budget-Friendly Choice
Undoubtedly, one of the best budget-friendly options for a quality jojoba oil! Cliganic Jojoba oil comes in an amber glass bottle rather than a plastic one. Even more expensive oils come in plastic bottles sometimes, which is not very good in terms of oil preservation and its shelf life.
Also, this jojoba oil comes in multiple sizes with a glass dropper. Although we have to say that many people have complained about the bottle leakage, so just be careful how you store it.
Cliganic Jojoba oil is 100% pure, USDA Certified Organic, cold-pressed, and hexane-free. In other words, no additives, no chemicals, no fragrances, no alcohol, and it’ s not diluted. However, we have to admit, it has a little bit of an unpleasant scent, but it’s not a dealbreaker. It has excellent viscosity, and this oil proved to have the fastest absorption of all the other jojoba oils on the market!
Moreover, it is best when used for dry skin rather than oily skin types. Some people also claimed it caused them irritation, but this factor depends on your skin type and whether you are allergic to jojoba oil or not. That’s why we recommend always testing the jojoba oil on the small surface on your skin first. If it causes any sort of irritation, don’t use it.
- Comes in multiple sizes
- Amber glass and dropper
- Fastest absorption
- Best for dry skin
- Some people claimed it caused them irritation
- Unpleasant scent
- The bottle is prone to leakage
4. Now Solutions Organic Jojoba Oil – Amongst The Top Rated
Amongst the top-rated and also a great choice is Now Solutions Jojoba oil. We have to say, this oil won’t disappoint you!
Now Solutions Jojoba oil comes in a plastic bottle of 4 oz. The package could improve to a glass bottle, and the cap is not designed well, so the bottle is prone to leakage.
This jojoba oil is 100% pure, USDA Certified Organic, cold-pressed, hexane, and paraben-free. This could easily be the best polyvalent jojoba oil on the market, as Now Solutions has never failed us! In other words, this means that it’s active against the toxins and has anti-inflammatory properties because of its antioxidants.
The consistency of the oil is very nice, and this oil is the game-changer for acne-prone skin and beard nourishing! The best thing about this jojoba oil is that it has no odor or whatsoever.
Furthermore, this jojoba oil proved to be great on both dry and oily skin. It works best when applied after showering on damp skin to hydrate and seal in the moisture. As for the hair, it works best when you use it as a deep hair conditioner. Just put one tbsp of oil on your wet hair and shampoo it after 10-15 minutes. The results will surprise you!
- Has no odor
- Best polyvalent jojoba oil
- Very nice consistency
- Excellent for beard
- For acne-prone skin
- The bottle is prone to leakage
- The bottle is made of plastic
- A little expensive for the amount you get
5. Viva Naturals Organic Jojoba Oil – Best for oily skin
One of the best sellers and also amongst the top-rated is Viva Naturals Jojoba oil!
This oil comes in the dark, glass bottle with a very attractive design. The bottle comes with a handy pump and a dropper also. However, some users have complained that the dropper leaks slightly, so for the best dosage, pour it in your hand first. Also, the price is a little too high for the amount of 4 oz.
Viva naturals jojoba oil is 100% pure, USDA Certified Organic, cold-pressed, hexane, and fragrance-free. This means that fatty acids that retain the moisture in the hair and skin are preserved. Oil has a slightly nutty scent, light golden color, and wax-like consistency. Some users have complained that it doesn’t suit dry, sensitive skin and that it doesn’t absorb very well.
Nevertheless, in most cases, this jojoba oil has proven to be great for rashes on the skin. It gives your hair a shiny look and nourishes your nail cuticles! Other than that, you can also use it as a body moisturizer, for a face mask and makeup removal.
This jojoba oil is not likely to clog your pores and it’s also great for acne-prone and oily skin. It effectively clears skin and prevents excess oil production! Also, it is safe to use around your mouth because it is food-grade.
- Glass bottle
- Leaves hair shiny
- The bottle comes with a pump and a dropper
- No scent
- Great for rashes
- Eyedropper leaks slightly
- A bit expensive
- Some users complained it’s not good for dry, sensitive skin
- Doesn’t absorbed very well
NOTE: All of these listed jojoba oils above are for external use only.
What Is Jojoba Oil?
Jojoba oil is a light golden liquid and it comes from the seed of the Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis). Jojoba is a shrub-like plant that grows in very hot climates, in places like Mexico, California, and Arizona. It can live up to 100 years! This plant produces a seed with many healing properties and can be stored for a very long time and hot temperatures won’t harm it.
The oil is produced by extracting the liquid wax from the seeds. This oil can’t go rancid since it has no triglycerides that are fats like other vegetable oils, such as almond or coconut oil. Jojoba is used in cosmetics for lotions, shampoos, and other similar products. It is a very versatile plant thus you can use it for your skin, hair, nails. It has antibacterial properties, vitamins E and B which work as antioxidants, and also some minerals like chromium, copper, and zinc.
For What Can You Use It?
Jojoba oil is safe to use since it is non-allergenic, non-irritating, non-toxic, and non-comedogenic, which means it will not clog your pores!
You can use jojoba oil for:
- Oily skin;
- Stretch marks;
- Dry skin;
- Removing makeup;
- Dry scalp;
- Moisturizing skin;
- Dry lips and cuticles;
- Beard and many more.
How To Use
- You don’t need to dilute jojoba oil, and you can apply it directly to your skin, nails, or hair. You can apply it to your face directly and leave it overnight or use it as a lip balm and hair conditioner.
- As for the hair, you can heat the oil so you can apply it easier. Dampen your hair and apply 1 tbsp for short hair and 2 tbsp for long hair. Massage it into your scalp and distribute it evenly all the way through the hair tips. You can leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with shampoo.
- If you don’t feel like doing hair masks, you can always add a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner or purchase products that already contain jojoba oil.
- You can mix it with other essential oils and do an oil cleansing treatment for acne. Just apply it directly to your face, massage it for a few minutes, and rinse it off with warm water and a towel.
Things To Consider Before You Buy Jojoba Oil
- Spray spreads over a larger area, and you can apply it all over the body and hair.
- Serum has jojoba oil in its composition and primarily men use it for beards and mustache growth.
- Cream is the best option for skin rejuvenation treatments and it helps skin absorb natural properties better.
- Drops are the most popular option since you can precisely measure the amount of oil you want to apply using the dropper.
2. Glass Bottle
- The best option is if the oil is packaged in the glass bottle because the glass bottles maintain the quality and durability of the product. Furthermore, the violet glass protects jojoba oil from possible oxidations and luminescence.
- Jojoba oil should be USDA Organic Certified as this means you are not exposed to any pesticides or harsh chemicals.
4. Size And Price
- Many brands offer two or three different package sizes and the price should follow the amount of oil you are purchasing. For example, if the package contains 4 oz of jojoba oil but it is over 20$ it is considered expensive, and you can find many quality jojoba oils for much less price.
- It is best if the jojoba oil is cold-pressed instead of heated. Cold-pressed oil preserves the highest potency of minerals, fatty acids, and vitamins.
6. 100% Pure And Hexane-Free
- Same as castor oil, jojoba oil should too be 100% pure and hexane-free, as this chemical can cause impurities and affect the quality of the oil. Moreover, jojoba oil should be unrefined and raw, as refined oils contain unhealthy trans fats. Overall, it should be free of fragrances, chemicals, fillers, and GMO-free.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
In the end, the best jojoba oil depends on your actual needs. We hope we’ve helped you with this detailed guide on what to look for when purchasing the jojoba oil. For the best results, don’t forget to put into practice all the advice that we have shared with you in this article! Now let’s see our recommendations:
Best Overall: Jojoba Oil by Leven Rose
- Leven Rose Jojoba oil is the best option for fast acne treatment and leaves your hair very soft. It comes in a large size package and the best thing is that it is a dark glass bottle, so you can get the best quality!
Our Premium Pick: Kate Blanc Cosmetics Jojoba Oil
- Kate Blanc Jojoba oil is 100% pure and free of all chemicals. This oil is perfect for oily skin and it is very easy to apply because of its liquid consistency! The only dealbreaker here is the price of the oil.
Budget-Friendly Choice: Cliganic USDA Organic Jojoba Oil
- This virgin Jojoba oil is the best option for dry skin! Cliganic jojoba oil is so gentle that it suits even the most sensitive skin type. On top of it, it is absorbing very fast and it comes at a very affordable price!