Top 5 Best Korean Concealers 2021:
- Hanskin Blemish Cover Full Coverage Concealer
- PONY EFFECT Coverstay Liquid Concealer
- [the SAEM] Cover Perfection Tip Concealer
- [the SAEM] Color Perfection Pot Concealer 4g
- Clio Kill Cover Liquid Concealer 7g
Have you ever thought about how Korean women have such nice, almost perfect skin? This is because Korean women put a lot of time and effort into their skincare routine and Korean skincare products have been regarded around the world as one of the best skin products. The same goes for their makeup.
Korean makeup is based on providing an even skin tone and a healthy skin glow. Other products, like eyeshadows and bronzers, are not as pigmented compared to Western brands, because Korean women believe in sheer, natural makeup, with the main focus being clear skin.
So, it doesn’t come as a surprise that Korean makeup has also become wildly popular, especially foundations and concealers, thanks to their premium quality and high-performance.
When it comes to Korean concealers, there are so many options you can choose from. Whatever your needs are, you’ll be able to find the perfect concealer for your skin, from lightweight, watery concealers, to high-coverage, oil-based concealers.
There are also a few crucial factors you have to consider before you choose the best concealer. To help you with this process, we’ve made this guide to the best Korean concealers. So, without further ado, let’s dive in!
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Korean Concealers In 2021
1. Hanskin Blemish Cover Full Coverage Concealer – Best Overall
Hanskin is a famous Korean makeup brand that offers high-quality products. Hanskin Blemish Cover concealer is a concealer ideal if you have any discoloration, pigmentation or other blemishes on your skin.
This is a full coverage concealer that has a semi-matte finish. This means it can also be used by people with dry skin because it will not dry it further. If you have any imperfections on your skin that you wish to cover, Hanskin Blemish Cover Concealer will do the job. It can cover redness, scars, dark circles, pigmentation, and discoloration!
Thanks to its soft and creamy texture, you can be sure your skin will look flawless every time! The nice and light formula means it’s very easy to apply it too. Whether you prefer using a makeup sponge or a brush, the creamy concealer will spread smoothly and effortlessly over your skin for even coverage.
Just one layer of Hanskin Blemish Cover Concealer will be enough to give you a nice and smooth look. You can always add more layers if you want to make sure it will completely cover all imperfections. The best thing about this concealer is the revolutionary air-fitting texture that lets your skin breathe even after you apply multiple layers!
Whatever your skin type is, you’ll love this concealer. However, it’s particularly good for dry skin because of its moisturizing formula and the semi-matte finish.
- Covers all imperfections
- Air-fitting texture lets the skin breathe
- High coverage
- Moisturizing formula
- Might be too heavy if you don’t have any blemishes
2. [the SAEM] Cover Perfection Tip Concealer – The Best Budget-Friendly Concealer
The SAEM is another well-known Korean makeup brand, and Cover Perfection Tip Concealer is one of their most popular concealers.
This concealer has a moisturizing, creamy formula that resembles a mousse-like consistency. The texture of the concealer is very thick and it provides high coverage with a long-lasting effect, which means it is ideal if you have to wear heavy makeup all day or for special events where you’ll be taking a lot of pictures.
The product is also very pigmented, so a little goes a long way. With just a tiny splash, you can be sure the Cover Perfection Tip Concealer will cover any acne or dark circles on your face. Only one layer will be enough to cover anything. The so-called doe-foot applicator takes out a lot of product, so you don’t have to constantly dip it back and forth.
Although it has a moisturizing formula, this concealer is not recommended for people with extremely dry skin. Because of its thickness, it can crease under eyes on very dry skin. This creates a counter-effect as it accentuates wrinkles and lines under your eyes.
What really impressed us is the fact that it can stay intact for up to 10 hours without streakiness, so if you need a concealer that you can wear all day, Cover Perfection will not disappoint you!
- Easy to blend
- High coverage and pigmentation
- Moisturizing formula
- Long-lasting effect – up to 10 hours!
- Affordable price
- It may not work with dry skin
3. PONY EFFECT Coverstay Liquid Concealer – Premium Choice with a Non-Dry Matte Finish
PONY EFFECT is one of the best Korean high-end makeup brands. Their products are known for high-quality ingredients and incredible performance.
This Coverstay Liquid Concealer is guaranteed to cover all your imperfections all day! Although it has a matte finish that can be too drying for dry skin, the formula also has hyaluronic acid that makes sure your skin is hydrated and it prevents creasing and cakey effect.
When it comes to coverage, this is a medium coverage concealer, but it can be upgraded to high coverage by adding another layer. With just one layer, you get a natural-looking skin without any dark circles or other imperfections, like acne or pimples. This concealer is so cleverly formulated that even if you add multiple layers, it will not create streakiness and it will remain nice and smooth.
The concealer has a twisted doe-foot applicator for even easier application. Only one dip will be enough to cover anything so you don’t have to dip back and forth. The best effect is achieved by lightly tapping the concealer on the area you want to cover. You can tap it with your finger or a makeup sponge, whatever you prefer.
Overall, this is one of the best liquid concealers suitable for every skin type. It’s made of high-quality ingredients, including some skincare ingredients. The only downside is that it’s a bit expensive!
- Contains skincare ingredients
- Medium coverage buildable to high coverage
- The formula doesn’t crease
- Has a twisted applicator
- Good for all skin types
- It’s pricey
4. [the SAEM] Color Perfection Pot Concealer 4g – Incredible High-Coverage Effect
If you prefer concealers that don’t have a liquid, watery texture, then this one is a good choice for you. It’s another amazing concealer by the brand the SAEM that comes in a pot.
This is one of the best Korean balm concealers. It has a chewy texture perfect for covering dark circles. Balm concealers are not the best choice if you have other skin blemishes, but they are ideal if your only problem is big, dark circles under your eyes.
Because of its dense texture, it’s recommended to apply it with a dabbing motion. You’ll get the best results if you use a makeup sponge or even your fingers. Just make sure to never rub it or spread it because that will reduce the coverage.
This concealer has a matte finish and a long-lasting formula. It’s best to use it under foundation as a base, and then you can add another layer after the foundation for complete coverage. The matte finish makes it a bit drying, so if you have extremely dry skin, it can crease and create lines under your eyes.
Although the texture of this concealer is dense, it has a melting base formula that provides an easy and smooth application. It has a standard 0.6 ounces packaging, but, with the SAEM Color Perfection Pot Concealer, a little goes a long way, so one pot will last you a long time!
- Ideal for dark circles
- Matte finish and long-lasting formula
- Provides high-coverage
- Comes in only two colors
5. Clio Kill Cover Liquid Concealer 7g – Perfect for Oily Skin
Clio Kill Cover concealer is the best choice if you need a liquid concealer that has a light and smooth texture, but at the same time provides ultra-high coverage. It’s one of the more expensive concealers, but it’s totally worth the price.
This concealer has a complete matte finish and it’s formulated carefully to be ideal for oily skin. It regulates the excess sebum which prevents acne. This means it may not be good if you have dry skin, because it can dry it even more, but if you have combination or oily skin, you’ll love it because it actually keeps skin oils that create acne under control.
With Clio Kill Cover Concealer you can now cover skin imperfections like acne, acne scars, pores, redness and dark circles. It’s best to use after foundation, but you can also get the desired effect without foundation. If you wear only the concealer, make sure to clean and moisturize your skin before applying it.
Another great thing about this concealer is that it doesn’t crease. Thanks to the light, liquid formula, it’s very easy to apply it with the doe-foot applicator for smooth and even coverage. The concealer is also long-lasting, so you can wear it all day without worrying whether it’ll streak or crease!
Overall, this is one of the best concealers for oily skin!
- Regulates excess sebum so it’s ideal for oily skin
- Has light and smooth texture
- Covers acne scars, redness, dark circles
- Doesn’t crease
- It’s a bit expensive
- Not suitable for dry skin
Things To Consider Before You Buy A Korean Concealer
Before you decide which concealer to buy, there are some crucial factors you have to consider. First and foremost, your skin type and color. If you have dry skin, make sure to get a concealer that won’t dry it even more, and if your skin is more oily than dry, find one that’s made for oily skin.
Besides skin type and color, it’s important to think about your needs regarding coverage, texture, price and so on.
There are many different types of concealers, and you should choose the right one based on your needs.
- A stick concealer provides the best coverage, while liquid concealers are the easiest to blend. If you want the most stunning finish, you should go with a cream concealer.
- Pencil concealers are great when you need to cover small areas or spots on your face, and for large areas, the best choice is a powder concealer.
- Last but not least, balm concealers are a favorite to those who don’t like watery, liquid concealers because balm concealers have a very dense texture that provides extreme coverage.
- When it comes to concealers, color is essential. You have to choose the right color for your face. Otherwise, you risk having an uneven skin tone and too light or too dark circles around your eyes.
- When you’re choosing the color of concealer, it’s a good idea to go with a shade slightly lighter than your skin or foundation. This way, your concealer will highlight the area around your eyes and give you a healthy shine.
- Before you choose the level of coverage in a concealer, you first have to think about your skin type. High coverage concealers are usually oil-based, so they may not be a good choice if you have oily skin.
- Furthermore, ultra-high coverage concealers are used for heavy makeup, like stage makeup or for special events, where you have to take a lot of photos and your makeup has to stay perfect for many hours. It’s not a good option for everyday use because it doesn’t let your skin breathe, it can clog your pores and cause acne.
- Medium coverage concealers are a better option if you want a lighter concealer compared to high coverage ones. It will still provide enough coverage, but it won’t feel as heavy on your skin. Plus, with most medium coverage products, you can add a second layer that will provide high coverage.
- Low coverage concealers are the best if you want to keep your skin healthy and let it breathe throughout the day. If you don’t wear foundation on a daily basis, and you just need something to cover your dark circles, a low coverage concealer is the best choice for you. They are usually water-based, liquid concealers that feel very lightweight on your skin.
How To Apply A Concealer
The most crucial thing before you apply any makeup product is to wash and moisturize your face. Whatever products you’re using in your skincare routine, make sure to use them before putting on makeup.
Once you’ve washed and moisturized your face, you can safely apply the concealer. If you don’t wear foundation, you can put concealer right after your face cream. However, if you wear foundation, make sure to apply concealer after applying the foundation. This way you make sure to get the best effect.
You can also apply concealer to areas on your face besides under eyes. If you want to achieve a healthy glow, you can try putting a little bit on your forehead, nose, and chin. Just make sure to blend it completely and your skin will shine!
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
After carefully selecting and testing out so many Korean concealers, we are not surprised that they are so popular! Most of them are made of high-quality ingredients, some even with skincare ingredients, and they offer incredible performance.
So, you can imagine it wasn’t easy choosing only five of them for this list of the best Korean concealers, but we’re confident in our choices and we can say that these are our top recommendations!
Best overall: Hanskin Blemish Cover Full Coverage Concealer
- With an innovative air-fitting texture that lets your skin breathe all day, this concealer is one of the best out there. Not only does it cover all imperfections, but it also has a moisturizing formula that you can wear all day without creasing. And, it has a reasonable price!
Premium Option: PONY EFFECT Coverstay Liquid Concealer
- PONY EFFECT Coverstay concealer is made with only the best ingredients, including skincare ingredients like hyaluronic acid that keeps your skin hydrated for as long as you wear it. The medium coverage is buildable to high coverage and it’s ideal for all skin types!
Budget-Friendly Choice: [the SAEM] Cover Perfection Tip Concealer
- This concealer offers best value for money. For only 6 dollars, you get a concealer that covers all imperfections and has a moisturizing formula that’s easy to blend. On top of all this, it can last up to 10 hours without creasing!