Top 5 Best Korean Mascaras 2022:
- TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream Mascara
- Holika Holika Magic Pole Mascara
- Innisfree Skinny Microcara (Mascara)
- TOUCH IN SOL STRETCHEX Stretch Lash Effect Mascara
- Missha – Long Lasting C Curl Length Boost Mascara
Korean makeup is all about looking natural.
Clear skin, a little blush, subtle lipstick and a hint of mascara. Mascara is an important part of Korean women’s routine because it accentuates your eyes and takes your whole makeup look on another level.
Even when you don’t feel like wearing makeup, putting on a little mascara will freshen up your face and make your eyes pop out. Since Korean makeup is becoming more and more popular on the western market, we’ve decided to try out their most praised mascaras and see what the real tea is.
So, if you want to know more about Korean mascaras, and which one is worth your time and money, keep on reading our list of the best Korean mascaras on the market!
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Korean Mascaras In 2022
1. TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream Mascara – Best Choice
TONYMOLY is a leading K-beauty brand known for its fun and unique packaging. In fact, “tonymoly” means “putting style into packaging”! This mascara is one of their most popular products and the packaging features an adorable panda.
Both TONYMOLY makeup and skincare products are made with high-quality ingredients. The key ingredients in this mascara are bamboo sap and bamboo extract. They are full of silica which adds smoothness, shine, and strength to hair.
What makes this mascara really great are the ultra-lightweight microfibers that give your lashes both volume and length without adding any weight on them. With just one layer of Panda’s Dream Mascara, you’ll have long and voluminous lashes that don’t droop or smudge! The manufacturer likes to call this mascara a special prescription for smudging panda eyes!
The wand applicator is long and convenient to use. Just one layer of this mascara is enough for it to last all day long without looking too thick or clumpy. However, you can always add more layers if you have short eyelashes, or if you want to really emphasize your eyes. Just make sure to add the second layer after the first one is dry.
This is not a waterproof mascara, so you can take it off with warm water or any eye makeup remover that you like to use.
- Bamboo extract hydrates and adds strength to hair
- Gives you volume and length
- Doesn’t look clumpy
- You can add more layers
- It’s a bit expensive
2. Innisfree Skinny Microcara (Mascara) – Budget-Friendly Option
Skinny Microcara Mascara by Innisfree is one of the best affordable Korean mascaras. This is a mascara perfect for people with very short and thick lashes. It features a unique and specially designed super slim wand applicator that works the best with short eyelashes.
This mascara comes in two colors, black and brown. Black will give you more extremely looking long lashes, while the brown one looks more natural, especially if you have bright hair and eyebrows. The packaging is very simple and it’s actually interesting that the wand is longer than the tube. This makes it one of the smallest packaging, with only 0.12 ounces. However, the wand is so thin that it doesn’t require a lot of product, so you can get a lot of use out of it.
The unique brush is only 2.5mm thick which makes it ideal for covering even the shortest lashes. It has fiber and light powder that helps lashes look longer. This mascara is also smudge-proof and it doesn’t clump. You can wear it all day and don’t have to worry about your eyelashes looking badly. The thin brush also works great for lower lashes. In fact, this is the type of brush that’s perfect for lower lashes, even if you use a thick brush for your upper lashes.
Overall, Innisfree Skinny Microcara is a great choice if you want to try a Korean mascara but you’re on a budget!
- Perfect for short lashes
- Ideal for lower lashes
- You don’t get a lot of product
3. Holika Holika Magic Pole Mascara – Premium Choice
Holika Holika is another brand highly-regarded as one of the best K-beauty brands. The Magic Pole Mascara is specifically designed to keep your lashes curled all day long without clumping. Its mild formula is also ideal if you have sensitive eyes that don’t respond well to many mascaras.
The silver and purple packaging is very nice and luxurious, but what makes this mascara unique is the shape of the wand applicator. There are two versions of this mascara, volume&curl, and long&curl edition. With 0.3 ounces, this is one of the largest mascaras on the market.
The wand of the long&curl version consists of the magic stick and the magic ball. The magic stick will make your lashes extremely long while the magic ball provides volume and prevents clumping. The little ball on the top of the applicator is great for reaching short lashes in your inner eye.
Thanks to the specially designed Memory Curl polymer, your eyelashes will stay curled all day long. One layer of Holika Holika Magic Pole Mascara will be enough, but you can always build it up if you prefer extreme looks.
The formula is hypoallergenic and it’s perfect for those who have sensitive eyes. It’s also not waterproof, so warm water will take it off easily, but it’s recommended to also use a makeup remover, especially if your eyes are sensitive.
- Unique wand applicator
- Magic ball at the top gets to the short lashes
- Large packaging
- Mild, hypoallergenic formula
- It’s pricey
4. TOUCH IN SOL STRETCHEX Stretch Lash Effect Mascara – Extremely Long Lashes
If you wish to create an illusion of false lashes, you’ll love this one. Touch In Sol Stretchex Mascara has an innovative formula designed to give you extremely long lashes without looking clumpy. The color of this mascara is ultra-black, so it adds to the illusion of exceptional length.
With 0.24 ounces, the packaging is quite big. The tube is black and shiny with little xo’s printed on it, and the yellow wand applicator is long and wide, and it sits comfortably in your hand. The applicator is slightly curved to provide extreme length.
Stretchex mascara was created with a point-elastic polymer and cellulose powder mascara liquid which helps to steadily extend your lashes. After you apply only one layer, you’ll notice a huge difference between your natural eyelashes and with Stretchex mascara on. You can always add more layers if you want the most extreme lashes ever!
The reason your eyelashes will look so long with this mascara is that the wand is designed so that it combs and separates your eyelashes and applies mascara to every single one of them.
The mascara is not waterproof, so you can take it off easily with water and makeup remover. Just keep in mind that the color is ultra-black, so it may take a bit more time to take it off completely, especially if you put more than one layer!
- Provides extreme length
- The packaging is big
- Slightly curved wand
- Doesn’t look clumpy
- Not the most affordable choice
5. Missha – Long Lasting C Curl Length Boost Mascara – Length Boost Mascara
Missha is a high-end Korean beauty brand that makes only high-quality, high-performance products. Their makeup has been used by many professional makeup artists around the world for years.
This mascara is a part of their Line Friends Edition. This is a length boost mascara, and there is also one called volume boost mascara, and both are exceptionally good. Today, we’ll talk about the length boost mascara, because it is one of the best mascaras if you want extremely long lashes.
The pastel pink packaging features cute teddy bears and bows which makes it quite unique, so it can be a great gift idea too. If you want a mascara that will give you the look of naturally long lashes instead of creating a false lash illusion, then this one is the best choice for you. Only one layer of Missha Length Boost Mascara will make your eyelashes look beautifully long as if they are that way naturally.
The formula is long-lasting, so you can wear it all day without worrying it will start to clump. The wand applicator is large with thick microfibers that apply mascara evenly and effortlessly, without any clumps, giving you a clean lash look.
Like most Korean mascaras, this one is also not waterproof so you can take it off with water. It goes off easily with only water, but you can also use eye makeup remover if you wish.
- Gives you the look of naturally long lashes
- Long-lasting formula
- No clumping
- Cute packaging
- Doesn’t add volume
What To Consider Before You Buy A Korean Mascara?
If Korean makeup is an unexplored field for you, you should know a few things before you dive in. Let’s see what are crucial things to pay attention to when it comes to Korean mascaras!
- Korean women are not crazy about experimenting in makeup, so you won’t find many unusual colors of Korean mascaras, like blue or green. All of the Korean mascaras come in black color, but there are some that also come in brown.
- However, brown Korean mascaras are rare, which is unfortunate if you have lighter hair color, eyebrows, and lashes. This doesn’t mean that the black mascara won’t look good on you. On the contrary, if you apply only one layer of black Korean mascara, you’ll get beautiful natural-looking eyelashes!
- This is an obvious factor that you have to consider. Unfortunately, Korean makeup can sometimes be expensive. If you’re lucky to not be on a budget, you can find so many amazing Korean mascaras. You can also find many great choices if you have limited money! It’s sometimes a good idea to save money on products like mascaras because you can only use them for a couple of months!
- Most Korean mascaras are not waterproof, and this is because they prefer to use as many natural ingredients as possible. To make waterproof mascaras, you have to use some chemicals that may not be good for you, especially if you have very sensitive eyes.
- All things considered, we would recommend you to go with a mascara that’s not waterproof. Not only because they don’t contain possibly harmful chemicals, but also because they are easy to take off with warm water, and they won’t irritate your eyes!
- This is something many people overlook, simply because it’s usually not noticeable, but mascaras come in packages of different sizes. Smaller packages contain about 0.1 oz, while some of the largest packages have 0.3 oz of product. This is a significant difference, especially when you consider the price. So always make sure to check the ratio of the price and the amount of product you get!
5. Type Of Brush
- There are different types of brushes each designed specifically for some purpose. If you want a mascara that will make your lashes long, go with a long brush that’s not so thick. If you wish to have extreme volume, make sure the brush is large and very thick.
- Some mascaras have very thin brushes. These are perfect if you have short lashes, and they are ideal for lower lashes as well because they can reach very short hairs in the inner corner of your eye!
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
If you want to try the best Korean mascara, you’re in luck! There are so many amazing choices to pick from, so to help you spend your money wisely, we’ve made this list of the best Korean mascaras available on the market.
And now, we’re happy to tell you about our top recommendations!
Best Choice: TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream Mascara
- TONYMOLY Panda’s Dream Mascara is one of the best Korean mascaras on the market. It has a bamboo extract that does wonders for your eyelashes. You can have both volume and length with just one layer of Panda’s Dream mascara without any clumps!
Our Premium Pick: Holika Holika Magic Pole Mascara
- Holika Holika Magic Pole Mascara has one of the most unique brushes. The little ball at the top adds extra volume and length and it reaches even the smallest lashes in your inner corner. On top of that, you get a lot of product and the formula is mild and hypoallergenic, ideal for sensitive eyes!
Best Budget-Friendly Option: Innisfree Skinny Microcara (Mascara)
- If your lashes are naturally short, you’ll love Skinny Microcara Mascara by Innisfree! Its thin brush is specifically designed to work amazingly on short lashes, and it’s also perfect on lower lashes. You can have extremely long lashes you’ve always wanted at a reasonable price!