Top 5 Best Synthetic Braiding Hairs 2020:
- Nayo Pre-stretched Braiding Hair 6 Packs 22 Inch Easy Braid Professional Itch Free Synthetic Fiber Yaki Texture Hair Extension
- Dorsanee Water Wave Synthetic Braids 7 Packs Passion Twist Hair 18 Inch
- Beyond Beauty 3 Pack Spring Twist Ombre Colors Crochet Braids Synthetic Braiding Hair Extensions
- Difunee Pre-Stretched Braiding Hair Extensions 24 Inch 8 Packs Synthetic Crochet Braids Professional Soft Yaki Texture
- Dorsanee Pre-stretched Braiding Hair Extension Ombre Professional Crochet Braiding Hair 20 Inch 8 Packs Yaki Synthetic Hair
We all had those days when you wake up, and your hair is a complete mess, and there is no time for you to style it, so the only solution is to make a ponytail and head into your day.
But wearing a ponytail each day is not a permanent solution, and it can damage your hair significantly. That is why you should consider purchasing the synthetic extensions that can be braided in a neat and vibrant hairdo that can last for several weeks.
What we are about to say now is very contradictory, but here it is – a good quality synthetic braiding hair is all about looking real and natural.
The color, the shine, the look and feel of the texture under the fingers it all must reassemble to real human hair as much as possible to be labeled as the best synthetic braiding hair on the market.
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Synthetic Braiding Hairs In 2020
We won’t deny it was really hard to find rare gems like these, but we were persistent, and we did take some time to look around, so our search ended up successful. We present the list of our five top picks.
1. Difunee Pre-Stretched Braiding Hair Extensions 24 Inch 8 Packs Synthetic Crochet Braids Professional Soft Yaki Texture – Easy To Install And Style
If you have been looking for synthetic hair that is easy to handle, made from high-quality fibers, and lasts for a long time, this hair must be taken into consideration.
Since it comes already pre-stretched, it looks very natural, and it won’t give you a headache when it comes time to install it and braid it. It is made from one of the best high-quality, low-temperature, and flame retardant synthetic fibers; still, make sure you style it with a hair styler that can be set on low temperatures to avoid burning the hair.
It features a soft Yaki texture, which makes it feel and looks just like natural human hair. The hair will not tangle, and it does not have any odor. It is itch-free as well as sweat-resistant, so it is very comfortable to wear. The hair is suitable for different braiding styles, and it is available in eleven different colors.
When you are done styling your synthetic hair, the next move is to dip it in hot water to set it and lock the ends down. Unfortunately, this hair does not dip well.
It comes with eight packs, and the length is 24 inches, which is a great length for braiding, but it is a bit thinner, so one bundle will be enough for maybe five braids. That means you will need at least 20 packs to do your hair properly.
- Soft Yaki texture
- Pre-stretched 24 inches long
- Itch-free and sweat resistant
- Easy to handle
- Thin hair
- Does not dip well every time
2. Dorsanee Water Wave Synthetic Braids 7 Packs Passion Twist Hair 18 Inch – For Those Who Want To Stand Out
If you want to stand out from the crowd, a good hairstyle is where you should start. Box braids are a great way to achieve that effect, and these hair extensions will help you double your hair amount.
This hair already looks great at first glance since it is pre-styled to look more natural, giving you the water wave hairstyle that you’ve always dreamed off so you can even wear it straight out of the package without styling it. But since the hair is already wavy, it is effortless to separate the strands and style them in a perfect braid.
This synthetic hair is made from 100% quality low temperature kanekalon fiber. The physical properties and texture, as well as appearance, are highly similar to real human hair. Even the colors look natural (12 different shades), which is great since usually the color is that one factor that fails in tempts to look real.
The amount of hair you will get in seven packs will be barely enough to cover your head fully; that is why we recommend you to buy double amounts for the best results. The length is 18 inches. The hair comes packed with a crochet needle.
The problem is that this hair is very soft and light, and it tangles very easily if you are not careful enough. This product is itch-free and sweat-resistant buy if you have a susceptible scalp, you may occur some itch.
- Easy to style and natural-looking
- Comes in 12 different shades
- 100% kanekalon fiber
- Not tangle-free
3. Dorsanee Pre-stretched Braiding Hair Extension Ombre Professional Crochet Braiding Hair 20 Inch 8 Packs Yaki Synthetic Hair – Vibrant Colors To Brighten Up Your Day
If your mornings are busy and hectic, we are sure you do not have time to style your hair. But what if we tell you there is still a way to have a stylish and neat hairdo each morning? All you need is a bit of patience and a few packs of synthetic hair, and voila, you will have perfect braids to show off.
This hair is pre-stretched, which will allow you versatile styling and easy handling as well as maintaining. You can be sure your hairdo will stay put regardless of the weather condition.
It is made from high-quality synthetic fibers that look just like real human hair. It handles low temperatures in a range from 80°C to 175°C, so whenever you use a hair styler.
Setting your hair in hot water to seal the ends is not always successful, especially if you used water above 175°C, which will shrink your hair.
The hair features a Yaki texture, and it is very soft and thin; that is why it braids easily, but that is also a reason why it does not seal well at the ends. The great thing is that it does not tangle, and the length of the hair is 20 inches, and it comes in eight packages.
The hair comes in 12 vibrant colors, but it has some strange smell; luckily, it is not too strong, so we did manage to live with it.
- Yaki texture
- Soft and tangle-free
- Vibrant colors
- Does not set well when dipped in hot water
- Slightly unpleasant smell
4. Nayo Pre-stretched Braiding Hair 6 Packs 22 Inch Easy Braid Professional Itch Free Synthetic Fiber Yaki Texture Hair Extension –Clean And Polished Look
If you always wanted to have long hair, but every time you try to grow it on your own, you fail, then the hair extensions might be the best answer to your problem. They will allow you to do various hairdos, especially if you purchase the pre-stretched ones that are straightforward to use.
This hair is made from high-quality low-temperature flame retardant synthetic fibers. The thing we first noticed is that it has a bit less texture under the fingers than we expected from hair that advertises a Yaki texture, but it still looks like real human hair. Regardless of how soft the hair is, it won’t tangle a lot while you braid it, which will save you some time.
In case you want to up your volume, you might have a hard time achieving that with this hair considering the texture. The length is 22 inches, which will be enough for styling your braids. It comes in 6 packs, and it will provide enough hair to cover your head.
The manufacturer claims that this hair won’t cause any allergic reactions, but if you are prone to breakouts and you know you have a susceptible scalp, we recommend avoiding this product. The hair is very comfortable to wear since it is lightweight and sweat resistant. This product comes in four primary colors, which can be a problem if the color does not match yours or if you were looking for some ombre options.
- Good length
- Soft and easy to braid
- Lightweight and sweat-resistant
- The texture could be better
- Comes in only four primary colors
5. Beyond Beauty 3 Pack Spring Twist Ombre Colors Crochet Braids Synthetic Braiding Hair Extensions – Soft And Bouncy
We all had periods when we thought we could rock the curly hair, but in most cases, in reality, that didn’t go as planned. The main reason is that not everyone has a hair that is built to hold the curls, twists, or braids well. If that is the case with you, you will need a bit of help from the hair products like these spring twist extensions.
This synthetic hair is made from 100% kanekalon fibers, and it is perfect for braiding. It comes pre-styled with tiny twist curls, so if you have a natural afro hairdo and you want to enhance your volume, these extensions will fit in perfectly.
The hair feels and looks similar to the natural human hair, and it comes in fourteen different colors, including natural shades as well as ombre shades. The hair comes in three packs, and each pack contains 60 strands. It is recommended to use six packs if you want to do a full head. The bad news is that the length is only 8 inches.
The hair won’t harm your scalp, nor will it cause any allergic reactions. It does look a bit bulky and rigid, but in reality, it is soft and lightweight. If the extensions are properly maintained, they will last up to six weeks after you attached it. That is why it is highly recommended to wear a nightcap when going to bed to avoid damaging it.
- Soft natural texture
- Durable and lightweight
Things To Look For In A Best Synthetic Braiding Hair
Back in the day, girls and women would braid their hair to protect it from weather conditions like sun and wind. Nowadays they usually braid their hair since it becomes a wildly fashionable and popular thing to do.
Still, no matter the main reason you decide to braid your hair, you need to pay attention to the product you will buy since it won’t do a lot for you if it looks too fake and plastic. We are aware that choosing the right product can be stressful; that is why we wrote this buying guide to help you purchase the right extension.
1. Quality Of The Synthetic Fibers
- Synthetic hair does not blend as well as human hair extensions, and it does not have the same sheen. Still, manufacturers continually make better synthetic hair products, so it is possible to find hair for braiding that does not look synthetic, and it offers durability.
- Some synthetic extensions are mixed with real hair, but we recommend avoiding them since they are not the best for braiding, and they require different upkeep, which complicates the whole maintenance process.
2. Installing Process
- The most crucial factor is the installation process. There are several different options for wearing and installing twists and braids depending on the style, thickness, and the length you want to achieve. Some of the most popular methods are Crochet braids, goddess braids, and Ghana braids.
- We already talked about how braids are a protective type of hairstyle, but for them to adequately protect your hair, appropriate installation is the key, or they will cause damage.
- Many women use synthetic extensions when creating braiding styles, and many of them make the same mistake – installing braids too tight, which leads to hair loss.
- Once the braids are done, you must make sure that your scalp and your hair is kept clean at night. Make sure you buy the hair from the trusted brand that is easy to maintain. Also, try to sleep with nightcap since that will guarantee that your braids will last longer and retain the form. However, you should not keep the braids on for more than 6-8 weeks.
The amount of hair extensions you will need depends on the size of the braids you want to achieve. They can be thin micro braids, regular (size of a pencil), and thick chunky braids. Each style has its pros and cons.
- The chunky thick braids will often be too heavy on your head, causing the tension on your real hair strand, so we advise you to carefully choose the hair extension not to overburden your hair since it can cause permanent hair loss. Also, these braids are a bit harder to maintain clean. This braid style is not suitable for people with thin hair and no volume.
- On the other hand, the thin micro blades are lightweight and easy to maintain, and since they offer more access to the scalp, it is much easier to keep the scalp and hair clean. The only problem is that since they are very thin, they can often be too tightly installed and put stress on small sections of your hair.
- Regular braids are the best possible option if you ask us they are not too heavy; they are not too thin, and they will not overburden your hair. If you are up to braiding your hair for the first time, you should start it from here.
- Length can be short, medium, or long. If you prefer a dramatic look, go for long braids but be ready to invest more money since you will need more extensions. Also, it can be uncomfortable to sleep with them if you do not use the nightcap or a scarf to keep them in place.
- The short length, however, is very popular when we say short; we mean the length of the bob. This hairdo is more old-school, and it is very easy to maintain. The medium size is very rare and uncommon.
- It is very important to find the right color that will match your natural shade perfectly if you decided to go for a more subtle style. But if you are up to something extraordinary well in that case, the sky is the limit; there are ombre options, grey, red, blond, neon color options of extensions.
- The only thing you need to pay attention to when buying for bright colored hair extensions is the consistency of the color.
It goes without saying that the braids are one of the hottest trends right now, but unfortunately, not every girl has the length and volume to achieve that look. That is why synthetic hair has always been an affordable and a great option, especially kanekalon hair. If you pick out the good quality synthetic hair, using these extensions will be easy.
- We pick this hair as our best choice since it comes in four simple and natural colors that are very realistic. The other thing we like is that the hair looks like human hair when properly braided, which is a very important thing. We choose the 22-inch length for us to test, but the great thing is that it also comes in 30 inches long, which is great for the extra-long braids.
Our Premium Pick: Dorsanee Water Wave Synthetic Braids 7 Packs Passion Twist Hair 18 Inch
- This beautiful and soft kanekalon hair will cost a bit more than you expect, but it will, for sure, withstand all the heat that this summer will throw up on you. If you maintain it well, you can be sure this investment will last you for a long time.
Best Budget-Friendly Option: Beyond Beauty 3 Pack Spring Twist Ombre Colors Crochet Braids Synthetic Braiding Hair Extensions
- We love, love, love this hair. The quality, the color, the natural feel, and shine, as well as the price, are all worth mentioning. If you have dense, curly hair, you will especially benefit from purchasing these extensions since they will enhance your volume and make you shine.