Lowlights are a great way to add dimension and depth to your hair. They can also help cover up any unwanted highlights or streaks in your hair. The cost of getting lowlights will vary depending on the salon you go to, but it is generally less expensive than getting highlights.
Are you interested in lowlights but worried about the price? This article will give you an idea of how much lowlights cost and the factors that affect pricing. Additionally, this piece will provide tips on how to save money when getting lowlights. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about how much lowlights cost.
Some Factors That Affect the Cost of Lowlights
The cost of getting lowlights will vary depending on several factors, these include:
- The type of salon – salons that offer higher quality services and products tend to charge more for lowlights. Generally, you can expect to pay more in a large city than in a small town or rural area.
- The length and thickness of your hair – if you have very long or thick hair, the cost of lowlights will generally be higher as it takes longer to do.
- The number of colors used – using more colors in your lowlights can increase the price significantly.
- Your location – prices for hair services vary greatly depending on where you live, with larger cities tending to have higher costs than smaller towns or rural areas.
- The experience of the stylist – experienced stylists who specialize in lowlights tend to charge more for their services than less experienced ones.
- The touch-up process – if you want to get touch-ups done regularly, this can add to the cost of your lowlights in the long run.
Tips to Save Money When Getting Lowlights
If you’re looking to save money on lowlights, here are a few tips that can help:
- Ask your friends or family for recommendations – getting a recommendation from someone you trust can help you find a good salon that offers lower prices.
- Look for specials and discounts – many salons offer specials or discounts on services such as lowlights, so make sure to take advantage of any deals they may have available.
- Avoid multiple colors – sticking with just one or two colors can help you save money on lowlights.
- Go to a less expensive salon – if you’re willing to sacrifice quality for cost, there are often salons that offer lower prices than higher-end ones.
- Ask about discounts for packages – some salons offer discounts for getting multiple services done at the same time, such as a cut and lowlights.
The Average Cost of Lowlights
Now that you know some of the factors that affect pricing, let’s look at the average cost of lowlights. Generally speaking, you can expect to pay anywhere from $40 and $100 for lowlights, though this can vary depending on factors such as location and the experience of the stylist.
To get an estimate of how much you’ll need to pay for lowlights, it’s best to contact a few salons in your area and ask them about their pricing. This way, you can get a better idea of what to expect and compare different salons before making a decision.
Are Lowlights Cheaper Than Highlights?
In general, yes. Lowlights are usually cheaper than highlights because they require fewer steps and take less time to apply. Plus, you can usually get away with using fewer colors for lowlights than you would for highlights. The low maintenance of lowlights makes them an affordable option for those who want to change up their look without breaking the bank.
To Sum Up
Now that you know how much lowlights usually cost and some tips for saving money on them, you can take a step closer to achieving your desired look! Remember to do your research and compare prices between different salons before making a decision.
For more information on lowlights, check out our blog post: What Are Hair Lowlights? Everything You Need to Know Before Getting One