If you’re looking to add some depth and dimension to your hair, balayage may be the perfect option. A form of highlighting that’s growing in popularity, balayage is a freehand technique that results in natural-looking highlights. Though it can be a little more expensive than traditional highlights, the results are worth it.
Many factors can impact how much balayage costs, including the salon you choose and the stylist you work with. In this article, we’ll discuss some of these factors in more detail and provide some tips for finding a salon that fits your budget and guarantees great results.
Keep reading to learn more about balayage and how much it costs. With this information, you can make an informed decision on whether to go ahead with the process or not.
Factors That Affect Balayage Cost
The cost of balayage varies depending on a few factors, here are the main ones to consider:
- Hair Length and Type: Longer, thicker hair will take longer to color, so the cost of balayage will be higher.
- Color Depth: The darker the color, the longer it takes to achieve a lighter shade. Therefore, going from dark brown to light blonde is more expensive than getting highlights for already-light hair.
- Location and Salon Quality: Prices may also vary depending on where you go and the quality of the salon. While a high-end salon may charge more, the results will be worth it.
- Experience of the Stylist: An experienced stylist will have better equipment and more knowledge than someone who is just starting out, so they can likely deliver higher quality work at a higher price.
- Frequency of Touch-Ups: If you want to maintain your balayage, you may need more frequent touch-ups, which will add to the cost.
Tips for Finding Affordable Balayage Services
If you’re looking for affordable balayage services, here are some tips to consider:
- Ask Friends and Family: Ask your friends and family if they recommend any salons in your area that offer good deals on balayage. Word-of-mouth is a great way to find quality services at an affordable price.
- Check Online Reviews: Before committing to a salon, read online reviews to get a better idea of what other customers have experienced.
- Negotiate With Your Salon: Don’t be afraid to negotiate with your salon or ask for discounts if you’re getting multiple services done. Many salons are willing to work with customers to get them the best deal.
- Call Ahead: Give the salon a call ahead of time to ask about their prices and services. This will give you an idea of how much to budget for your balayage appointment and help you avoid any surprises when you arrive.
- Look For Group Discounts: Some salons offer discounted group rates, so you can save money by booking with friends.
With these tips, you’ll have an easier time finding a salon that fits your budget and is able to give you the results you’re looking for.
So, How Much Does Balayage Cost?
The cost of balayage varies depending on the salon, stylist, and other factors. Generally speaking, balayage can range from $70 to $300. To get an exact estimate for your particular service, contact your local salon or stylist for more information.
In addition to the cost of the service, you may also need to factor in any additional costs such as touch-ups and products.
Ultimately, balayage is an investment that can give you beautiful, natural-looking highlights for years to come. With proper care and maintenance, it can be a cost-effective way to add color and dimension to your hair.
With the right kind of research and preparation, you can find a salon that fits your budget and gives you the results you desire. We hope this information has helped you understand more about balayage cost and how to find an affordable service in your area. Happy coloring!
Related: What is Balayage Hair?