Today, women pay much attention to their appearance and engage in various beauty treatments, which will make them look young and fresh. Going to regular manicures and pedicures is also an important part of your external beauty.
However, it’s not just about putting the prettiest color on your nails so that they look good with your new dress and heels.
You should also nourish and take care of your nails regularly. They suffer a lot from your kilometer-long walks and dishwashing every day. You may not notice at first, but sometimes the first symptoms of some serious illnesses appear on your nails.
Since we are talking about nails today, have you ever noticed some black lines on your nails while taking off nail polish? How long have they been there?
How To Get Rid Of Black Lines On Nails?
This problem is very common, and it is also known as – splinter hemorrhage. Let’s clarify this a little bit – this happens when your blood vessels under the nails are damaged somehow.
Both fingernails and toenails tell a lot about your health. These black lines appearing on your nails might suggest that you just hurt them by hitting something or that you have a more serious problem you should look into with your doctor.
However, you should know that occurrences like these are common during pregnancy – this is due to hormonal changes in the body.
If you are someone who believes in the power of food, turn to nutrient-dense foods for a while and include them in your every meal. Consume more fish, broccoli, eggs, tomatoes, etc. Nutrient-dense foods provide your body with the needed amount of vitamins and minerals for better functioning.
On the other hand, if you believe in the power of a good homemade remedy, you will be equipped with a few possible solutions perfect for getting rid of infections, such as baking soda, coconut oil, lemon, and yogurt.
Black Lines On My Nails – Should I Worry?
As mentioned before, black lines on nails can be the sign of many different things. They range from just a normal occurrence during pregnancy to infections you can cure in a couple of days. Sometimes, however, they can be the sign that something is seriously wrong with your body.
The most common cause and second name for this type of problem is splinter hemorrhage – blood vessels bursting under your nails because something hurt them. Most people end up with this because something falls on their nail or squeezes it too tight.
However, there are other warning signs to this problem:
- Endocarditis – This is a heart condition in which the heart’s inner chambers undergo a serious infection. This is not so common and is consistent with people who have pre-existing cardiac conditions. (heart attack)
- Psoriasis – This is a skin condition that is usually seen through scales on the skin. This is more likely to happen than endocarditis, and it is consistent with older people.
Black lines on nails can also be the result of:
- Infections caused by fungi
- Lupus – an autoimmune disease which occurs in the body’s immune system
- Medical prescriptions gone wrong.
- Kidney and heart problems (kidney failure and heart attack)
You shouldn’t panic if you notice these lines on your nails, but you shouldn’t ignore them either. The best thing you can do is visit the doctor’s office, and he will tell you the seriousness of the situation.
Better Safe Than Sorry!
Know The Symptoms Early
- It is always better to look for signs of a “disease” during its early stages and save yourself both the time and problems.
- If you think that you are facing a serious problem, you should go to the doctor and let him do the necessary examination. You might be asked for a family medical history or to provide the results of some of the following tests: complete blood count, erythrocyte blood rate, etc.
- When checking for splinter hemorrhages, check if you are:
- Having a fever
- Look pale in the skin recently.
- Have shortness of breath
- It’s also a good idea to massage your feet and hands sometimes and avoid the possible risk.
Treating Black Lines On Nails
While some people find the cure in food, others turn to making their own remedies. This depends solely on the person, and either one you choose – it will help you. All that matters is that you are willing to treat your black lines.
Treating Black Lines On Nails
|Eggs||Baking soda – Take ¼ cup of baking soda,1 cup of apple vinegar, and some water. Mix these ingredients in a bowl and soak your nails for about 15 minutes. Do this for two days.|
|Yogurt||Yogurt – You should consume this healthy product more often if you are dealing with this problem, but you can also apply the yogurt on your nail and let It stay for 15 minutes.|
|Broccoli||Coconut oil – For this, all you have to do is apply coconut oils to your nails three times a day|
|Fish||Lemon – You can go two ways: either put the lemon directly on your nails or dip a cotton ball into lemon juice and then apply it to your nails.|
Products For Nail Care
- Sometimes, food and remedies are not enough to keep your nails strong and healthy. You need to include some high-quality and non-toxic products.
- This is where we come in.
- Top 9 nail care products that guarantee the health of your nails:
- Precision Nail Treatment: Strengthening Base Coat – This is a good base for nails, which will considerably strengthen your nails.
- A Curved Nail File – You probably already own one, but this improved curved is much easier for use, and it doesn’t scratch your hands and nails like an ordinary one.
- Cuticle Pusher – If you decide to use this daily, your nails will be healthier and prettier than usual. Not to mention – cleaner than usual!
- Hand Cream – This is made for the dry skin around your nails that you hate so much but can’t seem to get your hands on the right product.
- Lemon cuticle cream – This is pretty close to a remedy mentioned earlier and helps your nails and hands stay moisturized.
- Cuticle oil – This is made for strengthening nail cuticles.
- Nail strengthening polish – What would this list be if it weren’t for remedial nail polish. This stuff is magical and better than any other nail polish you came across!
- Anti-chew treatment – This is made for all those nail biters. The formula both feeds your nails the vitamins they need and keeps you from biting them thanks to a very strong smell.
- Good Nail Clippers – These clippers are strong and sharp enough to use without any visual damage to your nails. This product will give you the desired shape you need.
How To Get Rid Of Black Lines On Nails – Conclusion
You should pay attention to your manicures and pedicures. It’s not all about the pretty colors and looks. Your nails should remain healthy, as well. They suffer, and sometimes the first symptoms of some illnesses appear on your nails.
There are two possible ways of handling this problem: If you are someone who believes in the power of food, turn to nutrient-dense food for a while and consume more fish, greens, and eggs. On the other hand, if you are some who believes in the power of a good homemade remedy: baking soda, coconut oil, lemon, and yogurt are some possible options.
The most common cause and second name for this type of problem is splinter hemorrhage – blood vessels bursting under your nails (endocarditis and psoriasis).
You can check if you are in danger of this happening to you by looking for the following symptoms: infections (fungi), lupus, medications gone wrong, chemotherapy, kidney and heart problems, etc.
You will also need some high-quality products to help maintain your nail health: Precision Nail Treatment: Strengthening Base Coat, A Curved Nail File, Nail strengthening polish, Anti-chew treatment, etc.