Though it is often considered a taboo subject, many people want to know how to lighten hair without bleach.
The reason for this is simple: most people do not want the harsh chemicals in bleach applied to their scalp and hair. There are a few ways to go about lightening hair without bleach, but it will take some time and effort.
So, in this post, we will be discussing how to lighten hair without bleach. We’ll go over a few popular methods and dispel some myths about lightening hair without bleach.
Let’s start with the basics:
What Is Bleach?
Hair bleach is a chemical product used to lighten the hair. The active ingredient in hair bleach is usually hydrogen peroxide or ammonium persulfate. These chemicals work by breaking down the melanin pigment in the hair, which bleaches the hair and makes it lighter in color.
Bleach can be damaging to the hair and scalp if it is not used properly. When applied to the hair, it can strip away the natural oils that protect the strands. This can lead to dryness, breakage, and split ends.
So, while bleach can be used to achieve a lighter hair color, it is not the best option for those looking to avoid damage.
Let’s move on to some alternative methods for lightening hair without bleach!
How to Lighten Hair Without Bleach?
Method 1: Sun-in
The sun-in method is a popular way to lighten hair without bleach. This method uses the power of the sun to lighten the hair. Sun-in products are available at most drugstores and beauty supply stores.
To use this method, you will need to apply the product to your dry hair. Be sure to follow the instructions on the package. Once the product is in your hair, you will need to expose your hair to direct sunlight for a period of time. The amount of time will vary depending on the product you are using.
After the allotted time has passed, you will need to rinse the product out of your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- Most retail stores that sell drugs and beauty supplies carry Sun-in products.
- This method lightens your hair using the power of the sun.
- Depending on how long you leave your hair in the sun, you can control how light your hair becomes.
- You’ll need to apply the treatment to your dry hair.
- You’ll have to expose your hair to direct sunlight for a while.
- In order to remove the product from your hair, you will need to use shampoo and conditioner.
Method 2: Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea is a popular home remedy for lightening hair. This method uses the power of chamomile to lighten the hair. Chamomile is a daisy-like flower that has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties.
To use this method, brew a cup of chamomile tea and let it cool. Once it is cool, apply it to your hair using a cotton ball. Leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it out. Repeat this process once or twice a week until you see the desired results.
- Chamomile tea is a popular hair lightening remedy at home.
- The method involves chamomile to lighten your hair.
- With a cotton ball, you can apply Proof to your hair.
- You will need to brew a cup of chamomile tea and let it cool.
- You will need to rinse it out after 30 minutes.
- You will need to repeat this process once or twice a week until you see the desired results.
Method 3: Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a common kitchen ingredient that can also be used to lighten your hair. Simply mix equal parts lemon juice and water, and apply it to your hair. You can leave it on for up to an hour, then rinse it out with shampoo and conditioner. Repeat this process every few days until you achieve the desired results.
Lemon juice can dry out your hair, so be sure to follow up with a deep conditioning treatment after using this method. You may also want to avoid going out in the sun immediately after applying lemon juice to your hair, as it can cause your hair to become lighter in color.
- Lemon juice can be used as a natural hair lightener.
- You may also combine equal amounts of lemon juice and water together to use on your hair.
- It can stay in for up to an hour before being washed out with shampoo and conditioner.
- Lemon juice can strip your hair of its natural oils, leaving it dry and brittle.
- After applying lemon juice to your hair, you might need to avoid going out in the sun for a short time.
- You will need to repeat this process every few days until you achieve the desired results.
Once you have achieved your desired hair color, there are a few things you can do to protect your hair.
First, be sure to use a shampoo and conditioner that is designed for colored hair. This will help to lock in the color and prevent it from fading.
You should also avoid using heat styling tools, as they can damage your hair. If you must use them, be sure to use a heat protectant spray beforehand.
Finally, be sure to get regular trims to keep your hair healthy and looking its best.
There you have it! Now you know how to lighten hair without bleach. Remember to weigh the pros and cons of each method before deciding which one is right for you. And don’t forget to take care of your hair after lightening it to prevent damage and keep your new color looking its best.
As a hairstylist, I highly recommend you try each method before deciding to use it on your hair. Do a patch test first! Also, be sure to use a heat protectant spray if you’re going to use any heating tools. Happy lightening!
Have you ever tried lightening your hair without bleach? What method did you use? Share your experience in the comments below!