It’s evident that smokers have to deal with a lot of things – the smell getting stuck in their clothes and hair, nicotine stains on both clothes and fingers. This can be quite an unpleasant view, but it happens a lot.
You notice some yellow stains on your fingers, and you immediately start to wonder – how to remove nicotine stains from fingers quickly?
If you want to get rid of this unpleasant look fast and easy and read about some other significant information concerning nicotine addiction that you might not have known, then stay with us cause we’ve got it all covered.
Fix This Fast And Easy
Nicotine stains are very frequent with smokers, but they can be removed easily if you know how to do – so we did some research and found two easy ways in which you can remove nicotine from your fingers.
1. Way – Using Natural Ingredients
- First, you need to exfoliate your hands by soaking them in the water for a few minutes. Please don’t put too much pressure on them. Rub them slightly in order not to irritate.
- You can also try applying lemon juice. Lemon is a very useful bleaching agent, and it can help you remove nicotine stains from your fingers. Rub the freshly cut lemon on your fingers and let it soak in for about 5 minutes. After you are done, rinse it with warm water.
- Rubbing your fingers with a potato might also help. Even though this might sound silly, a peeled potato is a good nicotine remover for people with sensitive skin. Rub it a couple of times and then wash and rinse your hands.
- Rubbing your fingers and fingernails with orange peels is a great natural remover. It is high in vitamin C, and it can easily remove any nicotine stains. This is a very short process – up to 5 minutes.
2. Way – Using Chemicals
- The first method and the easiest would be to dissolve an aspirin tablet into a hot bowl of water and soak your fingers after it has cooled down a bit. After you are done, wash and soap your hands.
- You can also try dipping your hands into hydrogen peroxide. You should pour about 3% of hydrogen peroxide into half a cup of water and stir it well. Dip your nails for about 15 minutes. If you see any remaining residue, scrub it with a toothbrush.
- This is also recommended as a cleaning method for your nails once a week.
- Some recommend soaking your nails in mouthwash. Although this is a bit unusual, an alcohol-based mouthwash can help you get rid of nicotine stains real fast. You can leave your fingers inside for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Some people advise diluting bleach and water. You should put 1 part bleach and 4 part water. After this, rinse your hands carefully. However, you should not use bleach if your hands are sensitive.
How To Prevent Possible Nicotine Stains
You can actually do a couple of things to reduce the risk of nicotine stains on your fingers. You just have to be willing to do these things every time before lighting up another cigarette.
So, what can you do?
You can wear gloves when you smoke – although people find this funny, gloves are the best protector from nicotine stains, and the perfect time to use this tip is during the cold days. Leather and vinyl gloves considerably reduce smoke exposure.
Another way of protecting your fingers is by applying a thick lotion to the tip of your fingers before lighting up a cigarette. You can also apply it afterward to reduce the smell of smoke.
Washing your hands after smoking should be obligatory, however many people still neglect this part. Good hygiene is essential, and a good wash will help your fingers a lot.
You can try smoking with an intervening device. Many people have started to use this “hookah” when smoking, and it has helped a lot – your fingers are not touching the cigarette at all.
After all, the best advice would be to stop smoking. You will protect your fingers from nicotine stains, your teeth from turning yellow, and most importantly, improve your health.
Nicotine Withdrawal Tips
- In case you took the last advice and decided to quit smoking and save your looks and health, there are a couple of helpful tips on keeping your mind and body occupied so that it doesn’t go back to this bad habit.
- Taking naps and going early to bed helps a lot. Every time you start to think, “I have nothing to do, I could use a cigarette,” go to bed and take a quick nap.
- You should find a suitable and healthy distraction: read a book, take a walk, listen to your favorite song – anything!
- The most important thing is to try and make your life smoke-free. Go to places and surround yourself with people who do not prefer smoking.
What Smoking Does To Me
Leaving nicotine stains on your fingers is the least dangerous problem smoking does. There are far more important issues regarding this hazardous habit, and we are here to shed light on some of them.
- Bags under eyes – nicotine addicts sleep poorly and are more prone to waking up with baggy eyes.
- Psoriasis – even though this is an autoimmune disease, smoking increases the chances of this by almost 60%.
- Premature aging – this is no secret that regular smoking has a detrimental effect on your skin, making you age faster.
- Thinner hair – experts think that the toxic chemicals contained in smoke damage the DNA in your hair and make it fall out.
- Scaring – nicotine leads to vasoconstriction, which is the narrowing of blood vessels. Therefore your wounds will take longer to heal and leave you with some unpleasant scars.
- Teeth loss – smokers are six times more likely to lose their teeth than nonsmokers.
- Skin cancer – smoking can lead to all kinds of cancers, but skin cancer is most common to happen to smokers.
How To Remove Nicotine Stains From Fingers Quickly – Conclusion
If you want to get rid of this unpleasant look fast and easy, there are a couple of ways you can achieve this – either with natural ingredients or some stronger chemicals.
When it comes to the natural way of removing nicotine stains from your fingers, try rubbing freshly cut lemons, oranges, or peeled potatoes on your fingers and washing them afterward.
On the other hand, soaking your fingers in bleach, hydrogen peroxide, or rubbing them using toothpaste is also very effective.
There are also a couple of ways to prevent these nicotine stains from appearing on your fingers. Can try wearing leather or vinyl gloves during winter, applying a thick lotion on the top of your finger before and after smoking, using a hookah, or just be brave enough to quit this bad habit.
In case you went with the last one, you might have a second thought about going back. Do not do this. You just need to make your life a smoke-free zone and find a suitable and healthy distraction such as reading books, listening to music, or going for a walk – anything you like.
Nicotine is very bad for your overall health image. It promotes skin cancer, psoriasis, and vasoconstriction. Smoking also makes you lose your hair, teeth, and makes you age faster.