Today, there are hundreds of products women can choose between to put in their hair and make it look nice and fresh, from hair dye to all kinds of shampoos our hairdressers recommend.
It is no secret that women sometimes go ahead of themselves and try some hair products without consulting the professional first, and well – you pretty much know how that goes.
If you are the type that has blonde hair, you use a ton of products, and it is not unusual when something goes wrong. This time, you went a little overboard, and the question is – how to remove purple toner from hair?
Don’t worry; we have your back.
Just scroll down, and you will find everything you need – from the way purple toner works to how to successfully remove this product from your hair.
How Does Purple Toner Work?
This is a hair product that enables you to achieve the perfect platinum blonde or silver shade. It is no secret that this product is loaded with chemicals and that it is very strong, so you must be careful when using it.
We advise consulting with your hairdresser before embarking on this hair coloring journey because if you miss out on something – it certainly won’t look nice.
Here are some tips about the treatment regarding toners:
- After washing your hair, apply the toner only to completely dry hair.
- Apply the most toner on the areas which need the most correction.
- Do a strand test first if you have never used a toner before.
- Leave the toner on for 5-20 minutes – depending on the toner and hair type.
Which Purple Toner Suits My Blonde Hair?
- For achieving different results, you will need different purple toners.
- Wella Color Charm T18 for ash-blonde
- This is the best solution if you are after the perfect ash blonde shade. It gets rid of brassy and orange undertones that have been bothering.
- However, this is recommended only for pale yellow bleached hair.
- After mixing it with a volume developer, you should leave it on your hair for about 30 minutes. If you have dark roots, don’t put the toner there – it will make them brassy.
- To get rid of this toner – you will need a couple of hair washes. For this, use a clarifying shampoo.
- Redken Shades EQ 9V for platinum ice
- This toner can be used on both bleached and natural hair, so don’t worry about that. However, you must use the proper hair developer and keep an eye on your hair during the process. If you leave it for more than 20 minutes, it will make your hair purple.
- This toner will last for about 24 washes.
- Brilliant Silver White Hair Toner for blonde & grey hair
- This toner is perfect for silver shades. This toner is very strong, so you will get your desired results by using just a couple of drops. Instead of mixing it with a developer, you will need some hot water.
- This toner is not long-lasting – it will disappear after a few washes.
Removing Purple Toner From My Hair
Although you have followed the instructions on how to deal with the toner you need, you are not quite satisfied with the results, and you want to get rid of it.
There are two ways in which you can do this: washing out or using lemon and conditioner.
Let’s start with washing the toner out first. You can do this with clarifying and dandruff shampoo or simply adding baking soda.
- Clarifying shampoo – You can find this product in any drugstore in your neighborhood. Wash your hair with it when you get home. Although this will take a few washes, don’t do it all in one day – this can damage your hair. After finishing, use a deep conditioner.
- Dandruff shampoo – This works absolutely the same as clarifying shampoo.
- Baking soda – You can remove the purple toner from your hair by adding a little baking soda to your shampoo. Add one teaspoon of baking soda, mix it with your shampoo, and wash your hair with this. Take good care when rinsing.
You can also get rid of purple toner by using lemon and conditioner.
If you are not satisfied with your toner’s results, it would be best to try this method of maximum 24 hours after you are finished with the toner.
The longer it stays on your hair, the harder it will be to remove.
First, mix the lemon and conditioner. For women with short hair, use three lemons, and six lemons for long hair. To minimize the damage, use a little deep conditioner.
Apply the mixture to your hair – from roots to the end and make sure you spread it evenly. If your hair is long, tie it up or put it in plastic.
Leave the mixture on for 3 hours. You can even leave it overnight (if the purple conditioner was that bad). After the time passes, wash and condition your hair.
Save Your Hair From Any Damage
Since toners are strong acid-based products, using them incorrectly can damage your hair a lot, and nobody wants that.
Toners are divided into four groups according to volume: 10, 20, 30, and 40.
The best solution would be to use the 20 volume because it has the right amount of strength your hair needs. However, not everyone has the same hair type, and if your hair is weak, don’t hesitate to use the 30 volume.
You should also pay attention to quality. It’s simple – the cheaper the toner, the worse the results.
When applying this product to your hair, don’t rush it if your hair has been through enough already. Take a break – wait for three weeks for your hair to calm down from the previous treatments and take good care of it.
Some recommend treating your hair with olive oil – heating it and after putting it in your hair, leaving it for about 30 minutes.
On the other hand, the lucky ones with healthy and strong hair can apply toner after a few days.
How To Remove Purple Toner From Hair – Conclusion
Women sometimes go ahead of themselves and try some hair products without consulting the professional first, and well – we all know how that goes.
Consulting with your hairdresser before embarking on any hair coloring journey would be the best solution because you will certainly not be satisfied with the results if you miss out on something.
Toners are simple: after washing your hair, apply the toner only to completely dry hair, use the most toner on the areas which need the most correction and leave the toner on for 5-20 minutes – depending on the toner and hair type.
However, different hairstyles need different toners. For ash-blonde, use Wella Color Charm T18. For platinum ice, we recommend Redken Shades EQ 9V. And last but not least, for grey hair, you should use Brilliant Silver White Hair Toner.
If you are not satisfied with the results, there are a couple of methods for removing this. You can try clarifying or dandruff shampoo. This is easy, and all you have to do is wash your hair a couple of times and use a good deep conditioner.
You can also add some baking soda to your shampoo and wash your hair with that mixture.
Another way is mixing lemons and conditioners. After putting this on your hair, leave it for at least three hours, wash and condition your hair afterward.
Purple toners can damage your hair if not properly chosen and used. The best solution would be to use a 20 volume toner and to choose a high-quality one.
If your hair has been damaged, take a little break and treat it with some olive oil.