As you all know, doing your nails can be a lengthy process sometimes. It takes a lot of patience, but also imagination and improvisation.
There are many products out there that you should learn how to use when doing your nails to get the job done. For example, how to use polygel with dual forms?
If you are curious about this process, continue reading this article, and we will give you a set of instructions on how to do this and much more helpful information.
Let’s face it; your nails could use a little gel manicure. And this is a perfect choice because it’s so easy that basically anybody can use it.
First, gather your equipment:
- Nail file
- Dual forms
- UV or LED lamp
- Polygel base
- Cuticle clipper (optional)
Now, let’s take it step by step:
- First, you should prepare and shape your nails by pushing back the cuticles and cutting the nail if needed. Be careful not to push or cut too much.
- Please wash your hands and make sure that they are completely dry. If you want, you can apply some alcohol on the surface of the nail.
- Select the correct ten dual forms for your nails – the dual form should be a little larger on the side of the nail.
- Place a small amount of polygel on your nails, one by one.
- Use the two-sided polygel to take some gel out of the tube, then place it on the dual form.
- Clean the brush with alcohol – this prevents the gel from sticking.
- Apply a base coat under a UV or LED lamp for 45-60 seconds (depending on the light).
- Cure the nail under your UV or LED lamp.
- Remove the excess dust with a paper towel and apply the topcoat on the nail.
- Repeat the same process for all ten nails.
Acrylic, Gel, And Polygel Nails?
- These three types of manicures might sound the same to someone, but they differ according to specific properties. If you are interested in knowing them, read on:
- Acrylic nails are extensions to your natural nail. For this to be done, a firm surface on your nail bed is created to sustain the nail extension. This trend gives you great results, but it requires high maintenance.
- Gel nails don’t have anything to do with extensions. This is a certain kind of nail polish that stays on your natural nail for about three weeks. It is important to mention that gel nails can be harder to remove because they involve a lot of acetone and soaking.
- Polygel nails are new in the nail industry. This is actually a combination of acrylic and gel nails. This is an overlay applied to your nail.
What Should I Know About Polygel Nails?
Since this is a relatively new trend in the nail business, some people might not be familiar with the results and the overall process of getting polygel nails.
If you are new to this, and you are looking for some essential information, here it is:
Polygel is a flexible and strong substance, and it has a pleasant fragrance to it.
It is not like acrylic nails – it stays in one place after applying it, and it hardens only under a UV or LED light. The time varies – from 45 seconds to two minutes – all depending on the lamp’s quality.
It has many purposes: overlay on natural nails, a tip overlay, or sculptured over a form.
It is available in 6 colors: soft and dark pink, cover pink, natural clear, soft, and bright white.
This product should be filled and not soaked off – recommended by professionals.
For those curious how this could be used, for example, click on the link down-below as an overlay.
Can I Reuse Dual Nail Forms?
Reusable dual nail forms are a real thing, and they are becoming more and more popular. You have two options to choose from: gel and acrylics.
Reusable Dual Nail Forms With Gel
|Gently push the cuticles back and remove any dead skin that appears on the nail. After that, remove the shine from the surface. Lastly, dip a cotton ball in alcohol and swipe the nails to clean them.|
|Apply the primer and nail dehydrator.|
|Make sure that the dual forms fit your nails from both sides. Check twice all ten fingernails.|
|Use a medium-size bead and place it on the inner side of the dual form. Gently apply the dual form on the 2/3 of your nail. Cure the nail for 60-120 seconds under UV or LED lamp.|
|Take a bead of hard gel and apply it on the dual form close to the nail cuticle. Shape and buff the nails.|
|Apply cuticle oil for after-care.|
Reusable Dual Nail Forms With Acrylics
|Clean your nails with water and soap. After that, use a cuticle pusher and or an orange stick to push your nail back. Remove the shine, clean your nails with alcohol, and apply the dehydrator.|
|After you have checked the dual forms, take one and put it on your nail.|
|You can take the acrylic powder and apply it to the inner side of the dual form.|
|Make sure that there is enough acrylic powder and shape the acrylics.|
|Use an acrylic brush to remove the excess of powder that popped out.|
|File and shape the nail.|
|Buff the surface of the nail and apply a topcoat.|
How To Use Polygel With Dual Form – Conclusion
Polygel nails are relatively new in the nail business. The truth is that you can never be too curious when something like this pops up. If your nails need a fresh manicure, why not opt for this one? Choosing this type of manicure with dual forms is an easy process anyone can do.
All you have to do is gather your equipment and follow the steps.
For this, you will need polygel, nail file, dual forms, UV or LED lamp, alcohol, a polygel base, topcoat, and a cuticle clipper (optional).
So, how is this achieved? First, you should prepare and shape your nails by pushing back the cuticles and cutting the nail if needed. Be careful not to push or cut too much. You should wash your hands and make sure that they are completely dry. If you want, you can apply some alcohol on the surface of the nail. After that, select the correct ten dual forms for your nails – the dual form should be a little larger on the side of the nail. Place a small amount of polygel on your nails, one by one. Apply a base coat under a UV or LED lamp for 45-60 seconds (depending on the lamp). Cure the nail under your UV or LED lamp and remove the excess dust with a paper towel.
Acrylic, polygel, and gel nail are, in fact, different: acrylics are an extension, gel is a nail polish, and polygel is a combination of these two.
There are a couple of basic things you should know about polygel nails. For example, polygel is a flexible and strong substance, and it has a pleasant fragrance to it. It is available in 6 colors: soft and dark pink, cover pink, natural clear, soft, and bright white.
You can reuse dual nail forms with gel or acrylics. The process is pretty similar. Basically, in both cases, you should gently push the cuticles back and remove any dead skin that appears on the nail. After that, remove the shine from the surface. Apply the acrylic powder or gel, cure your nails under UV or LED lights and clean them afterward.