Top 5 Best Duochrome Eyeshadows 2023:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit, Dream
- Too Faced Life’s A Festival Eye Shadow Palette
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Shadow, Eternal Black
- Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow, Perlina, Duo Chrome
- Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow, Space Cowboy
We are obsessed with eyeshadows, we admit.
There is no color or brand that we didn’t use or consider using.
We tried powdered ones, liquid pones, creamy ones, eyeshadows in the stick you name it – we for sure tried it.
Lately, we caught ourselves creating more and more colorful eye makeup looks that often need a bit of shimmer to make the color pop. There is no better way to achieve that effect than using a shiny duochrome eyeshadow.
The advantage of using this type of eyeshadow is that it features two complementary colors that will freshen up your look and enhance the natural color of your eye as well as the color of the eyeshadow you already used underneath.
But you can’t expect to create a great look if you do not use the best duochrome eyeshadow you can.
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Duochrome Eyeshadows In 2023
1. Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow, Space Cowboy – Spice Up The Party Season With This Product
Urban Decay is a very popular makeup brand, not just among makeup artists. There is no makeup purse that does not have at least one product from the UD collection. We personally have numerous palettes from this brand, and we are more than satisfied with them.
This eyeshadow comes in a few different shades, but the particular color was our favorite since it is something between brown and warm caramel (or we see it like that) so it is quite great for day or night, easy to combine and upgrade and it can have a very versatile use. For example, we even used it as a bronzer during summer since we got quite a bit of tan.
The longevity and pigmentation are good, so you can use it on its own during the day or as a top coat on some darker shades to upgrade your evening makeup.
Considering it comes in the form of a powder texture application is always questionable since it does not work the best with a brush, neither with the wet brush. If you apply it with a brush, it will fall out and make a little bit of mess under the eye, which none prefer.
This particularly is not a problem when you do your makeup at home since you can remove the dust and cover it with foundation. But if you tend to fix your makeup on the go, then apply it with your fingers to avoid a mess. It also comes in great packaging, so your eyeshadow is perfectly safe for a purse.
- Versatile use
- Good pigmentation and longevity
- Sturdy packaging
- Hard to apply with a brush
2. Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow, Perlina, Duo Chrome – Great For Subtle Shade-Shifting Look
Duochrome eyeshadows are quite popular now, but if you do not have some excellent makeup skills, you can have a hard time achieving the wanted look. That is why we choose this liquid eyeshadow in a neutral color so you can start working that look without risk of making a messy look instead.
To us, it’s normal to feel a little bit nervous when handling products like this. This eyeshadow comes in liquid form, so the application can be effortless if you use a primer since this formula is pretty dense and thick, so you might have a hard time applying it on your naked eyelid. Make sure you close the packaging well after every use since it is prone to drying out fast.
We’ve seen many users complain about Perlina’s eyeshadow pigmentation, but we must act in their defense and say that these shades are supposed to be that light and sheer. It has a white pearlescent base that offers a very slight shimmer of lilac and peach tones when you move your head from side to side. This product comes in a few more shades, and they all have great pigmentation.
This eyeshadow is an excellent example of a good day-to-night shadow since it is very subtle. Do not apply more than two coats of this product since it will be sticky. We forgot to mention that it features a purse-friendly package.
- Great price
- Subtle, pretty color
- Great for night and day
- Prone to drying out
- Not suitable for girls who prefer bright shades
3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit, Dream – Discrete Shimmer Suitable For All Skin Tones
To be honest, this product is not an eyeshadow palette; it is a highlighter duochrome palette that allows various applications, well depending on the color you choose to use, of course. You can highlight eyes, body, and face with it.
This magical palette features a powder texture that provides ease of use and effortless application. What we like about this product is that it can be applied wet or dry depending on the way you prefer, if you need more glow and shimmer apply it with a damp makeup brush. Since it comes in six different shades, it is suitable for all skin tones, but there are too many pink variations for our taste
The pigmentation is very subtle and light; they are almost sheer, but they do not fade away quickly. The best way to use them is on top of some darker eyeshadow to enhance the color additionally. They offer bright ultra-reflective multidimensional sparkle, which flatters every eye color.
The product on its own is great, but it comes in very delicate, sensitive packaging, which is prone to breaking. Do not get us wrong; the packaging looks great, but it does nothing to protect the product, so sometimes it might be delivered broken, but all you need to do is contact the customer support, and they will not hesitate to send you a new one.
This palette works wonders believe us, and it justifies the price tag.
- Wet or dry application
- Beautiful subtle colors
- Do not fade or fall out
- The packaging is not sturdy enough
- A bit pricey
4. L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Shadow, Eternal Black – Great For Evening And Smokey Eyes
This eyeshadow is one of the best products we’ve tested so far regardless of it coming from a drugstore brand and not a professional makeup brand.
The manufacturer claims it can last 24hrs without fading away, well we did not try to wear it for that long, but we did wear it for ten long hours, and the eyeshadow stayed fresh and in its place throughout the day. We must point out that we, as usual, wear the primer for eyeshadows under it. But be aware that waterproof makeup is not so easy to remove.
The eyeshadow features a powder-cream hybrid texture, and it is very easy to apply it and blend it with other products if it is needed. It will not remain in fine lines and creases, which is very important for your overall look. The reason why we advise the use of the primer is for two reasons. First, it will look better; second, it won’t fall out as much, which is very important when you use dark shades like this one to avoid looking like a panda bear.
The pigmentation is very intense, and it is buildable, which is great since the small amounts go a long way, making this product more than affordable since you will be able to use it for a long time. Great, this is that it comes in twenty-two different shades, so there is no chance you won’t be able to find the perfect color to make your eyes pop.
- Easy to apply
- Tends to fallout
- Not so easy to remove
5. Too Faced Life’s A Festival Eye Shadow Palette – For Bold Summer Looks
This limited-edition eyeshadow palette is to die for. Seriously it is the only makeup palette you need during summertime. Just take a look at those colors, and it comes with a perfectly shimmering highlighter.
The palette features six duochrome eyeshadows and six regular eyeshadows. Plus, as we already said, a highlighter that you can use to highlight the brow arch, cheekbones, collarbones, or apply it anywhere you want it since it leaves delicate velvety shimmer trays.
This palette will allow you to get creative and decorate your face in many fun and refreshing makeup looks. Pigmentation is insane as well as long lastingness. You can use it during the day or night, considering it features natural and bold shades.
The overall quality and bendability of these powder textured eyeshadows are great, and each color will allow you to build it up with ease. The application is smooth since the powder is velvety, and it will not create a dusty mess under your eyes.
You can apply it with a damp or dry makeup brush or fingers whatever suits you best. The only bad thing is that colors are strictly for spring and summertime; they are just too colorful for winter makeup. Also, this palette is more suitable for the younger population since it is extremely pigmented and shimmer, which does not suit the best for the matured face.
- Great quality
- Very pigmented and shimmery
- Suitable for the younger population
- Color shades are more suitable for summer and spring season
Things To Consider When Buying The Best Duochrome Eyeshadow
It is hard to choose the right eyeshadow when there are so many options on the market nowadays. It is very hard to resist buying the eyeshadow or even the whole palette of eyeshadow when colors are beautiful, and someone recommended that exact product to you. Nothing will stop you, we know no matter that you are aware that it is a wrong decision, you will always think you can make it work.
Well, it is time for changes, and we are here to help you learn how to choose the right product for yourself.
1. Consider Your Eye Color
- The fact that many of us don’t want to accept is that, unfortunately, not all colors suit all skin tones. If you are on the hunt for a new eyeshadow, no matter if it is duochrome or regular, it is important to consider what shades will suit your skin, your hair color, and make your eye color pop.
- Professional makeup artists often turn to the color wheel that is familiar to almost everyone, especially to art students. According to that wheel, you can find the best colors that will flatter your face and allow you to create both every day and bold, nighttime looks.
- For example, if you have blue eyes, shades of purple and gray will be perfect for you to create light and beautiful everyday looks. For a smokey eye look, use rust colors and a neutral brown.
- For girls, with green eyes, warm peach, and similar colors will make your eyes bright and vivid. On the other hand, burgundies, salmon, bronze, plums, and green will create the perfect contrast and warm-up brown and dark eyes.
2. Consider Your Skin And Hair Color
- You will also want to give some attention to your skin and hair color tones since it will allow you to create combinations that will complement your entire look.
- Pale skin and blond hair should include some subtle bronze, stone, and plum colors during the day, and for evenings you should just layer those colors to add a bit more intensity.
- Brunettes with fair and medium skin tan should choose shimmer in brown, taupe, and pink during the day and spice up evening makeup look with rich plum, green, and burgundy shades.
- Fair skin combined with ginger and red hair can use peach, copper, rich brown, making sure that the light colors should be used near the brow to make them pop.
- Dark hair and skin can use almost any color, but they should prefer to use pink, purple, vivid green, gold as well as bronze that will look very attractive on their skin.
3. The Ease Of Use And Combining
- You must ask yourself, are you that kind of a girl that is ready to use all the colors from the palette, or you are the one that prefers using one or two shades all the time. If you do not tend to use all shades from the palette, or they are not easy to combine to create the best possible look, simply don’t waste your money on buying it just because it has that one specific color you adore.
- We prefer buying singles since that way we are sure we didn’t throw our money away. Luckily there might be a solution since there are some palettes in the market where you can use all the colors you want and create a palette on your own.
4. Day To Night, Summer Or Winter
- This might sound ridiculous to you, but the season as well the time of the day is very important. You can’t use and wear all colors during the day, for example, black, deep blue, deep green are just not meant for creating a fresh daily look. On the other hand colors like pink, rose, yellow and orange are more suitable for summer than for winter.
- Eyeshadows that are too pigmented should be used for evening makeup, and more subtle tones should be used for creating makeup looks for day and work.
5. The Right Tools
- We already talked about this when talking about contouring palettes but let’s recapitulate there is no point in having a fabulous eyeshadow if you don’t have the right makeup brushes that will allow you to apply it correctly and make the most of it.
- Some do not think as we do, but makeup is a form of art, so you must use the best tool in order to achieve the best look. Do not even start if you do not own a flat eyeshadow brush, a crease brush, and a fluffy blending brush.
- If something is expensive, it does not necessarily mean it is high-quality. This is proven so many times, but we still fail and make the wrong decision too often for our likings. And we blame the internet since he is the one who told us to do it and buy that over-the-top expensive product!
- Usually, the cheaper products offer better quality so they can be a great choice. So remember, don’t necessarily opt for an expensive brand, give a chance to the drugstore brands as well, and you may be pleasantly surprised.
It Is Time To Makeup Your Mind
Duochrome eyeshadows are the perfect solution for girls who want to add a little bit of extra shimmer and another layer of color to their everyday look. If you do not like how matte eyeshadows frame your eye, then give up on it and try shimmery eyeshadows and see how it will work for you.
If you need some recommendations, feel free to take a quick look at our today’s list.
Best Choice: Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit, Dream
- Since we are all avid makeup lovers here, there is no need to talk about the quality of ABH products. We can only tell you how much we love all six shades from this highlighter palette and how well they can be blended and how long they will last on your skin. Also, the versatility of this product greatly contributed to the decision to make this product our best choice.
Our Premium Pick: Too Faced Life’s A Festival Eye Shadow Palette
- What can be better than a duochrome eyeshadow? A palette with six beautiful duochrome colors paired with six regular colors and a beautiful highlighter that complements all colors and skin types. Considering this palette comes from a prominent brand as Too Faced, the price tag is justifiably high.
Best-Budget Friendly Option: L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Shadow, Eternal Black
- L’Oreal’s extensive collection of budget-friendly eyeshadow pans did not fail to impress us on all aspects. We are in love with this product, and all twenty-two shades it comes in. Don’t get distracted by their foiled and matte product, or you will miss the duochrome ones.