Top 5 Best Eyebrow Concealers 2020:
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- NYX HD Photogenic Concealer
- Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealer
- L.A. Girl Pro Concealer
Perfectly shaped eyebrows became a big thing a few years ago, and every year there’s a new eyebrow trend present. Well-defined and lifted eyebrows can contribute to your face shape and accentuate your best features more than you know.
Since not everyone is blessed with amazingly thick eyebrows, many of us have to draw them every day with makeup. But the actual trick to achieving the perfect shape of eyebrows lies in a good concealer.
That’s right! Instead of going in with light eyeshadow or highlighter, you should use a concealer to contour and fix your brows. However, finding the right eyebrow concealer can be tricky since there are so many options available.
We’ve made the list of 5 best eyebrow concealers on the market to help you find the right one. We also provided some tips on what to consider before buying one, so read along!
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Eyebrow Concealers In 2020
1. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer – Best Overall
First of all, this concealer is very lightweight even though its name suggests something different.
It contains Haloxyl, which reduces dark circles as it boosts circulation. It’s also infused with Goji berries, which hydrate the skin, improve circulation, and even out skin tone. However, we find it a little dry on the surface. It’s just our experience as everyone has a different skin type, so don’t take this for granted.
The terrific thing about this concealer is that it offers pretty good coverage. Buildable formula lets you add as many layers of concealer as you wish, but then again, it’s a little challenging to build. On the plus side, it doesn’t crease, even after 8 hours.
As for shades, there are 12 of them, ranging from light to dark tones. However, some undertones are too yellow or too pink. So, if possible, try a swatch first to avoid getting yourself a wrong shade.
Also, the biggest downside of this product is its applicator. It comes with a sponge applicator, and you have to twist the bottle so that the product can go out through the sponge. However, ours didn’t work so great, and it was pretty tricky getting the product out of the bottle. Moreover, the sponge is too thick for under eyebrow application, so we recommend using an angled brush.
- Blends well
- Medium to full coverage
- Doesn’t crease
- Last over 12 hours
- Infused with goji berry
- The applicator doesn’t work so well
- A little dry formula
- Coverage is difficult to build
- Shades don’t match some skin tones and undertones
2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer – Premium Pick
If you’re looking for the concealer that comes in a variety of shade ranges, comes off effortlessly, and has a natural finish, this is the one for you!
The Nars Radiant creamy concealer is very well known for its natural finish as it blends perfectly with your skin tone. It is hydrating, and the formula contains glycerin and other botanical ingredients like grape seed extract and vitamin E that are moisturizing the skin.
Nars concealer has a soft and smooth complexion and offers medium to full coverage. The coverage is easily buildable, yet it doesn’t feel heavy on the skin, and the product can last up to 16 hours! However, it did crease a few hours after applying, which can be a problem for oily and combination skin types.
Next off, it comes in 30 shades to help you perfectly match your skin tone. The product is easy to blend and dries fast, so no worries there. The extraordinary thing about this concealer is that it is waterproof.
Moreover, it doesn’t include fragrances, parabens, and alcohol; hence it won’t clog your pores or irritate your skin. Also, the wand that comes with it is super useful for precise application.
The finish is natural and radiant, so it’s perfect for touch-ups around your eyebrows. The drawback for us was its price, but then again, the quality is outstanding.
- Good coverage
- Easy to blend
- Botanical ingredients for moisturizing
- Buildable but not heavy on the skin
- Natural, radiant finish
- May crease
3. NYX HD Photogenic Concealer – Budget-Friendly Option
One of the most popular concealers and also very affordable is this NYX HD photogenic concealer. The super-hydrating formula includes coconut oil and aloe vera extract, which will moisturize your skin and cover all the blemishes and dark spots.
The consistency is a little more on the watery side before it dries, but it does dry fast. The coverage is medium to heavy, and you can build it quickly to the level you’ll be pleased with.
The complexion is not too runny nor too thick. It feels smooth on the skin and isn’t slippery. Not to mention how highly pigmented this concealer is, you only need a tiny amount for good results. Moreover, it is non-comedogenic, and it won’t clog your pores.
The finish of this concealer is matte, and it won’t exactly provide that sheen looking skin. Nevertheless, that’s perfect for people with normal to combination and oily skin types. However, it’s best to avoid it if you have dry skin as it can create that patchy and flaky looking surface.
This concealer is available in 23 different shades. Although, some may have too pink or yellow undertones, and the lightest and darkest shades are not compatible with some skin tones.
Nonetheless, the collection also includes color-correcting concealers in green, yellow, and lavender. Furthermore, the wand included is great for application, and you can easily correct your brows with it.
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Nice applicator
- Dries quickly
- Blends easily
- Doesn’t suit dry skin so well
- Some shade undertones don’t match some skin tones
4. Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealer – Amongst The Top Rated
Amongst the best selling and top-rated concealers on the market is this Maybelline Fit Me liquid concealer. This concealer matches your natural skin tone perfectly and will give that fresh and radiant finish to your skin.
The formula doesn’t contain oils and waxes but includes glycerin that is known as a moisturizing ingredient. It also doesn’t contain fragrances or alcohol, and it won’t irritate your skin. Moreover, it won’t feel heavy on the skin and won’t clog your pores. Translucent base with lightweight pigments allows skin’s natural undertones to show through.
Because of that, it doesn’t offer full coverage, and that’s a downside for us. Yes, you could build it, but the best it can do is provide as near as medium coverage. Although, that won’t be a problem for you if you only want to fix some makeup mistakes around your eyebrows.
On the plus side, the concealer won’t crease and will last a long time. It blends out well and offers a fairly sheer finish. There are 12 shades of this concealer, and they include both pink and yellow undertones to help you perfectly match your skin tone.
The limited number of shades this collection offers is the drawback for us. On the other hand, if you find the exact match in terms of shade and undertone in this concealer, it can even hide blemishes and some scars.
The wand is handy and offers precise application. Just be careful, as it tends to pick up a lot of product.
- Very lightweight
- Doesn’t crease
- Includes shades with both pink and yellow undertones
- A limited number of shades
- Coverage could be better
- A little watery consistency
5. L.A. Girl Pro Concealer – Good Value For The Price
L.A. Girl Pro concealer comes at a very affordable price and a broad spectrum of 43 shades.
In this collection, you will also find amazing color-correcting concealers. These are orange, yellow, green, red, lavender, mint, peach, light yellow, cool pink, and flat white. Each is used for different imperfections on the skin – from dark spots and redness to neutralizing purple and blue skin undertones.
The formula does contain some parabens, so be careful if you have sensitive and acne-prone skin. Still, it includes chamomile extract that is known for its soothing and anti-inflammatory effect. Although some people are allergic to this extract, so watch out for this factor.
The consistency of the product is creamy and very pigmented. It has something between shiny and matte finish, so it is best to set it with some loose or pressed powder.
The main thing that bothers us is its blending ability. This concealer is very hard to spread or blend, and it also dries super-fast, so don’t leave it on for too long after application. Also, it may settle in the skin after a few hours, and it will be visible on fine lines.
Additionally, it’s not suitable for dry skin as it creates an uneven, patchy-like surface. Another thing we didn’t like is that, although it has so many different shades, the darkest shade is still pretty light for some darker skin tones.
Nevertheless, the applicator with brush-tip is handy, and you can create precise, fine lines with it. It’s great for contouring nose, forehead, and eyebrows, and a little goes a long way with this concealer!
- Includes a brush-tip
- A broad spectrum of shades
- Excellent coverage
- Hard to blend
- Looks patchy
- May settle in the skin
- Their darkest shade is still too light
Things To Consider Before Buying Concealer For Eyebrows
If you want to have brows on fleek, there are a few crucial factors you should watch out for when buying the best eyebrow concealer:
- It’s vital to choose the right shade, as that will give you the best possible results. When choosing the right concealer for blemishes and other skin imperfections, you always opt for your skin tone shade, right?
- Well, in case of contouring your brows, it’s best to go a few shades lighter than your skin tone. Why? Because the lighter the shade of concealer, the more prominent and sharp your eyebrows will be! For example, if you want more pointed eyebrows, we advise you to go two shades lighter than your complexion. In contrast, if you wish to highlight a little or hide some imperfections, you can go one shade lighter.
- Knowing your skin type before buying a concealer is another crucial factor. Formulas for dry skin won’t work for oily skin and vice versa.
- If you have oily skin, aim for non-comedogenic formulas as those won’t clog your pores. If you have dry skin, avoid matte-finish as it can make your skin look flaky and patchy. Finally, if you have sensitive skin, you should look for more gentle formulas with natural ingredients. That way, you will avoid itchiness, redness, and irritation.
Type Of Concealer
1. Liquid Concealer
- This type of concealer is the most versatile one as it offers buildable coverage. It’s effortless to apply, and most likely won’t clog your pores like some creamier versions might. Its thin texture won’t crease, especially in matte versions.
2. Stick Concealer
- This version is highly pigmented and has a thick, creamy texture. These types have great coverage but can clog pores.
3. Cream Concealer
- This type of concealer offers medium to full coverage, and it’s best at covering discolorations. Because of their creamy finish, they are prone to creasing and should be set with loose powder once blended. Cream concealers are best for normal, sensitive, and even combination skin.
- Let’s look which concealer matches which skin type the best:
|Type of concealer||Best for:||Not for:|
|1. Liquid concealer||Normal, oily, combination, sensitive||Dry skin, extra dry skin|
|2. Stick concealer||Normal, sensitive, dry||Oily, combination skin|
|3. Cream concealer||Normal, sensitive, dry, combination||Oily skin|
- Always look for concealers that contain hydrating and moisturizing formulas. Those are the ones that feature nourishing ingredients like humectants and acids, for example. Natural ingredients in some concealers will keep your skin healthy and nourished. We recommend avoiding products containing alcohol, parabens, and synthetic fragrances.
- There is truly nothing worse than a concealer that will wear off or crease a few hours after application. To avoid that, choose long-lasting formulas that will stay good at least for 5-10 hours, if not more. If the concealer you’ve purchased wears off very quickly, you should definitely consider changing it.
Fix Your Eyebrows With Concealer
Now that we’ve gone through all the essential stuff above, it’s time for the application process.
There’s honestly no wrong way of applying concealer on your eyebrows, but we are going to help you with a few simple tricks for using the concealer like a pro.
Before applying the concealer, make sure to clean your face, and prep it with moisturizer or foundation primer. You can also use it before foundation or after; it’s up to you. Just don’t apply it after the powder foundation as things could get clumpy.
Follow these steps:
- Firstly, make sure your eyebrows and skin are cleaned and dry.
- Right after that, comb through your brows with a clean brush to put any stray hair in the base.
- Next off, draw your eyebrows with your brow product.
Tip: Start by drawing outer edges on the lower and upper sides and then fill in space between them.
- Use a tiny amount of product (preferably in a lighter shade) to feather out your eyebrows’ fronts. Then groom your eyebrows again to diffuse the product, so it looks more natural.
- You can now apply the concealer under your eyebrows. Use a thin and angled brush for precision and draw the thick line following your eyebrow’s lower edge.
- Blend the product out until there are no visible lines of demarcation between your skin and the concealer. Also, use your fingers or a flat brush for blending. This way, you will fix any messy areas and highlight your brow.
- For sharper and more prominent eyebrows, use lighter concealer shades, and add a little highlighter over concealer after.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Even if you’re not satisfied with your brows, you can always create any shape you want with a little help of a right concealer. Moreover, with a concealer, you can highlight and fix your eyebrows in no time.
Choosing the best eyebrow concealers on the market was not easy because there are so many good ones. Anyhow, all of these above are great, and you won’t make a mistake whichever you decide to purchase. Now, it’s time for reviewing our top choices for this round:
Best Overall: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser
- The absolute favorite one is this Maybelline Eraser concealer, which will cover anything on its way! This concealer will last over 12 hours, and will not budge, move or crease. It has an incredible formula with goji berries, which will hydrate your skin. Since this is a build-up concealer, you can apply to a level that suits you the most. The finish has a bit of sheen, which works perfectly at highlighting under the eyebrows area!
Premium Pick: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- You will have no trouble blending this concealer out, and it will cover all imperfections and discolorations. Grape seed extract and vitamin E will nourish your skin and give it that soft, luminous finish. Its incredible coverage power and creamy texture make it a perfect choice for highlighting the bottom of your eyebrows. The only downside here is its price.
Budget-Friendly Option: NYX HD Photogenic Concealer
- This is easily one of the most low-priced concealers and also one of the finest drugstore concealers for eyebrows! Nyx HD concealer is incredibly hydrating and hides all imperfections from dark spots to blemishes. The formula is super creamy, has a matte finish, and it won’t clog your pores. Above all, a brush applicator makes it easy to apply with precision!