Top 5 Best Lavender Perfumes 2020:
- Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker, Eau de Parfum
- Cloud by Ariana Grande, Eau de Parfum
- Embrace – French Lavender And Tuberose by Vera Wang, Eau De Toilette Spray
- White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor, Eau De Toilette Spray
- English Lavender by Yardley Of London, Eau De Toilette
Perfumes exist for a few millennia now. They were first invented in Mesopotamia, but Romans, Arabs, and Persians refined the technique of making perfumes.
Now, the perfume market is huge. There are so many manufacturers of perfumes, the most popular being the high-end fashion brands.
It’s summer now and we’re all looking for a lighter, fresh-smelling perfume. What is better than lavender? It smells so good, people are turning heads.
Lavender perfumes give us the feeling we’re somewhere lost in the lavender fields in Provence region, France. Who wouldn’t want to get lost there?
It’s light but it’s also bold enough to give you a confidence boost and make you feel like you’re walking down a runway, but in reality, you’re just out shopping. So, now you want a lavender perfume too.
But how can you pick? The market offers millions and millions of lavender perfumes… What is the best one? Check out our article on the best men’s perfumes.
Further along in this article, we’ll talk about things to keep in mind before you buy a lavender perfume and what to look for in a perfume. Of course, there is the most important section – our top five choices for a lavender perfume, so read on to find out what those are!
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Lavender Perfumes In 2020
1. Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker, Eau de Parfum – Best Lavender Perfume
We loved Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie in Sex and the City – and we love her perfume. It’s named as we would describe it – Lovely. This is our winner in the ‘best overall’ category.
Sarah Jessica Parker developed this perfume in a collaboration with COTY Inc. COTY already produced so many cosmetic products we loved, it was no surprise we loved this product as well.
The packaging is a little old-school, which we loved. The cap and the golden details make this perfume a wonderful addition to any vanity table.
So, it doesn’t only smell wonderful and flowery – it’s pretty, too. This is, by far, the best lavender perfume out there.
It’s long-lasting (like Eau de Parfum usually is) – it will survive even some sweating and hot weather! The base note has a natural finish, so you won’t be unpleasantly surprised by it. You will just smell good – for hours on end!
The top note is a little overpowering, but then you’re greeted by a wonderful heart note. The heart note has a lavender scent with a hint of cedar and white amber.
You’ll smell fresh and feel divine wearing this perfume. It’s an absolute winner for the summer!
- Beautiful bottle design
- The base note has a natural finish
- Heart note is lavender
- Flowery scent
- None whatsoever
2. Cloud by Ariana Grande, Eau de Parfum – Best High-End Perfume
Ariana Grande created a perfume that rocked our socks off. This is our high-end, luxury choice for a lavender perfume.
Cloud is an artistic expression of the beloved singer Ariana Grande. It’s a message of positivity and happiness from her to all her fans!
And believe us, it is. Cloud perfume is shaped like clouds. It’s so cute and unique – it’s almost a decoration and not perfume.
Since this is an Eau de Parfum, it’s rather long-lasting. So, there is no need to carry it in your purse – it’s guaranteed to last you the whole night.
The top note is the lavender blossom, juicy pear, and bergamot. It’s a dreamy combination – to make you feel like you’re somewhere up in the clouds, literally.
The heart note is a little different – coconut, praline, and vanilla orchid. This is a much sweeter-smelling perfume than most lavender perfumes – so it’s best worn during the evening and night. It’s not suitable for wearing during the day.
The base note is a sublime mix of sensual musk and creamy blond woods. Even at the end of the night, your friends will still ask you what perfume you’re wearing!
- Perfect for night wear
- Beautiful packaging
- Heart note is candy, sweet-smelling
- Too strong for the day wear
3. Embrace – French Lavender And Tuberose by Vera Wang, Eau De Toilette Spray – Affordable Perfume
Embrace by Vera Wang is the winner in our ‘affordable category’. Want to smell like lavender without breaking the bank – this is the perfume for you!
The bottle is rectangular, classic looking. It’s lavender-colored, so it fits in any modern decor. The color that has been the winner of this spring/summer is – you guessed it – lavender!
Embrace has a perfect, astonishing smell. This creation by Vera Wang wanted to inspire intimacy and emotion.
This is the perfume to wear when you’re out on a special date with your partner. It smells fresh, clean but not plain. It accentuates your femininity without any sweet, strong scents.
The top note is fresh, mandarin orange – ideal for day wear. The heart note is – like the name says – French lavender and tuberose.
The base note lingers for quite a while. In Embrace, it’s very sweet – cacao and vanilla. Once the heart note evaporates, you’re left with a sweet scent of summer.
This Eau de Toilette is not overpowering, it’s suitable for day and night wear. On the other hand, it’s not very long-lasting, so it might not stay on for the whole night.
- Suitable for any occasion
- A fresh, citrusy scent
- The base note is sweet but not too strong
- Classic bottle
- Isn’t long-lasting
4. White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor, Eau De Toilette Spray – Best Old-School Perfume
White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor is a classic. It’s old-school and it’s been popular for a few decades now.
White Diamonds never really went out of style – and for a few reasons. A few perfumes survived decades without becoming history. Why so?
Because they were too strong-smelling and now they have a hint of ‘Old lady’. This perfume is so soft, gentle, and feminine – it’s hard to believe it exists since 1991!
The bottle has a certain, vintage feel. It’s golden, shiny, with a band of faux diamonds around the bottle. The bottle itself has a luxury feel – just like the perfume inside.
The top note is flowery – bergamot, orange, and lily. It’s followed by a classic, almost vintage heart note – violet, lavender, and jasmine. The heart note will give your appearance a touch of class and style.
The base note is oakmoss, sandalwood, patchouli, and amber. For a base note, this is the ideal combo – but if this were a top note, it’d be too sweet.
This is a floral-smelling perfume, ideal for wearing during the day and night. Do note that it isn’t very long-lasting, so you might want to carry it in your purse to reapply.
- Beautiful bottle
- Flowery top note
- Sweet base note
- Popular for decades
- Not very long-lasting
5. English Lavender by Yardley Of London, Eau De Toilette – Simple Choice
Yardley of London created English Lavender without even the thought this may become one of the lavender perfumes to have. This perfume is one of the best on the market, and for a few reasons.
English Lavender smells like genuine lavender in the flesh. When you’re wearing this perfume, you feel like you’re strolling around in a lavender field, with a few blossoms in your hair.
The bottle is simple and sweet. It even has a lavender flower printed on the front. The lavender-colored liquid gives the whole package a certain gentle, feminine vibe.
This is a part of the ‘Contemporary Classics’ collection of Yardley’s perfumes – a variation of this perfume has existed for around a century now. The formula has changed a little to keep up with trends, but it smells almost the same as the first bottle made.
The top note is bergamot and clary sage, followed by a heart note of English lavender, geranium, jasmine, and violet. This perfume offers freshness and helps you embrace your femininity.
The base note is made of vanilla and patchouli. It’s not too overpowering and it’s ideal for day wear. You will find it’s not too sweet or strong to be worn during the night.
- Smells exactly like lavender
- Classic, simple packaging
- The fresh, feminine scent
- Exists for a century on the market
- Not great for wearing during the night
What To Keep In Mind When Buying A Lavender Perfume
When you’re out buying a perfume, there are a few things to keep in mind before you finally get your credit card out. The first thing is, it’s important that you like it.
Not your friend, or your family member. You. When you’re wearing a perfume you like, you will feel better and it will be visible to others. A perfume your friend recommends might not do as much to your confidence.
Once we’ve settled this, let’s talk about appropriate times to wear lavender perfume – it’s almost always. It’s appropriate for day wear as well as night wear.
Some perfumes are not suitable for day wear, like Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. It will give the wrong impression of you in the office, for example – so opt for a perfume that will not suffocate your colleagues.
It’s more of a summer perfume, but if you choose a lavender perfume leaning towards a ‘minty’, cool smell, it could work for winter as well. On the other hand, you can choose a perfume with a spicy hint, to make it feel like a warm summer evening (this is a great option for date night).
Choosing A Perfume Shop
- When you need a new perfume, there are a few things to consider before you even start to look for one. Buying perfume is a delicate process.
- First, perfumes can be very expensive, and if you rush it, your new bottle of perfume might be a failed investment because it turns out – you don’t like it at all. So, the first thing is to choose a time when it’s less likely the shop will be crowded (you can check that out on Google Maps, it’s usually the morning hours).
- Choose a perfume shop that doesn’t blast loud music. You want to take time to choose a good perfume, and you want to do it in peace, without too many people – in other words, a calm atmosphere.
- Also, when you’re going to the mall to do some shopping, the first place where you should go is the perfume shop. Try some perfumes on first, before anything else. Many stores in the mall have strong air fresheners that may tire out your sense of smell before you even get to the shop.
Prepare The Skin
- Preparing to go perfume shopping starts before you get out of the house. Take a shower but don’t use any strong, perfumed body washes and avoid putting on scented moisturizer.
- If you must moisturize your body, opt for a plain, scentless moisturizer. It will be easier to tell how is perfume working for you if your skin doesn’t have any extra scents on it.
Choose No More Than Four Perfumes To Try
- Choosing more than four perfumes is not a good idea, and for one simple reason. Your nose will get tired of so many scents, they will start to smell the same after three to four different ones.
- To avoid that, read up on the internet about some perfumes you might like. Look at the notes and personality traits. That way, you will reduce your options once you go out to try some.
Is Lavender Perfume Something That Fits In Your Lifestyle?
- If you are a bit of a workaholic, a lavender perfume is not something you should wear to work. It could make you sleepy and tired when you still have a few hours at the office. On the other hand, if you’re having a lazy day or going out to early brunch with the gals, that is the moment to wear it!
- And if you just want to embrace your femininity, lavender perfume is always the one. It’s gentle and it complements a sundress and strappy heels so perfectly. Is there something better than smelling like a lavender field and wavy hair – we think not!
Understand The Different Notes
- Well, every perfume out there has three different notes. When you want to try a perfume, try it on a tester strip first, and then your inner wrist.
|The top note||Can be smelled right after the alcohol evaporatesThe most overpowering noteLasts about 10 minutes|
|The heart note||Follows the top noteThe core of the perfume – the most important noteLasts up to an hour|
|The base note||Appears once the heart note evaporatesHow long it lasts depends on the perfume|
- Never buy a perfume according to the top note – wait for the top note to evaporate. The heart note is something that lingers on your skin for a while, and that is the note you should go for.
- Each note can be very different from the previous one, so it’s important that you like the heart and the base note – the top one will be gone in a few minutes, anyway.
- Check out our article on the best Colourpop lipsticks.
The Guide For Fragrance Concentration
|Eau de Parfum (EDP)||15-20%|
|Eau de Toilette (EDT)||5-15%|
|Eau de Cologne (EDC)||2-4%|
- The fragrance concentration affects how long the perfume lasts on your skin. For the best results, pick one according to the table above!
Best Lavender Perfume – Conclusion
Well, we did it – we found the best lavender perfumes! Believe us or not – it was not easy. The market offers so many great lavender perfumes, we had to work hard to pick just five. However, now is the time to pronounce our absolute winners and the perfumes we loved the most. Without further ado, here they are:
Best Overall: Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker, Eau De Parfum
- Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker is an absolute winner. It’s almost a classic perfume at this point. Looking for a lavender perfume that really does smell like lavender fields – this is the one!
Premium Pick: Cloud by Ariana Grande, Eau De Parfum
- Cloud by Ariana Grande is a sweet-smelling winner in our high-end category. It’s shaped like a cloud, and the top note makes you feel like you’re lying in a soft, fluffy cloud!
Budget-Friendly Choice: Embrace by Vera Wang, Eau De Toilette Spray
- Embrace by Vera Wang is the lavender perfume to buy if you want one, without getting your credit card involved. It’s fresh and intimate – the ideal perfume for date night!