Top 5 Best Nose Contour Brushes 2021:
- Real Techniques Expert Concealer Brush
- Wet n wild Pro Brush Line Flat Contour Brush
- EcoTools Duo Makeup Brush Set
- Yoseng Makeup Brushes Set 10Pcs Professional Oval Brushes
- Beauty Junkees Flat Angled Contour Makeup Brush
Makeup has been an ever-growing industry ever since the early 20th century. More and more people are interested in decorative cosmetics, and YouTube was here to spark interest.
There are so many YouTube tutorials that can teach you how to apply makeup like a pro – in just ten minutes or so. You were no different, so you decided to click on some video.
After watching just a few videos, you started browsing the web for contour brushes. Contouring is a makeup technique that gained its global popularity in the past few years.
It’s been around for a few decades, but we believe it was Kim Kardashian in the flesh that made contouring become so popular.
Now, you can find specialized brushes for your face, your cheeks, and your nose. Nose contouring has become so popular because you can virtually make your nose look smaller and more shapely!
And all that without a painful nose job! But there is one problem though. There are too many nose contour brushes on the market… which one is the one for you?
Luckily, we did the job for you. Instead of browsing the net and losing your mind over some brushes, read our article to see our favorites of 2020!
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Nose Contour Brushes In 2021
1. Real Techniques Expert Concealer Brush – Best Nose Contour Brush
Real Techniques’ expert concealer brush is our top choice for a nose contour brush. This brand offers so many great brushes, it was no surprise one of them would make their way into this article!
The Expert Concealer brush has ultra-soft, synthetic bristles. A soft brush will blend the product easier than a brush on the rougher side. Another plus – the brush is very easy to clean with just regular soap and water!
The puff, densely packed bristles are ideal for any type of concealer or bronzer. Want to contour your nose with creamy concealer today, and a compact tomorrow? No problem with the Expert Concealer brush!
The handle is made from durable metal and it sits comfortably in your hand, too. This allows you to have more control over the nose contouring and will help you create a tiny nose without breaking a sweat!
Real Techniques’ brush allows you to contour your nose super easy, even if you’re just a beginner. This brush is also small, and it’s travel friendly. So if you want to take it on trips or just use it on the go, this is the one!
- Ergonomic, metal handle
- Synthetic, soft bristles
- Easy to clean
- Travel-friendly size
- None that we could find!
2. Wet n wild Pro Brush Line Flat Contour Brush – High-End Choice
Wet n wild was once considered a pretty affordable brand. Now, their products are valued to be more high-end. Their products are sold across the world – and one of the best products this brand made is the flat contour brush!
There are a few reasons why this brush fell into the category of the high-end brushes. This is one of the highest-quality nose contour brushes currently on the market!
The design alone is great – this brush will look so great on any vanity desk.
The bristles are synthetic, so they’re easy to wash and they’re very soft too. No need to worry your makeup might look caked on with this brush. It’s specifically designed to create seamless looks – bristles align with the contours of your nose and face!
The handle is ergonomic and sits in your hand perfectly. On the other hand, do note that the handle is very long, and it can be a bit hard to maneuver if you’re a beginner.
Wet n wild is one of the top cosmetics brands in the US. They take pride in their vegan and cruelty-free certificates.
- Synthetic, soft bristles
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Ergonomic handle
- No cakey finish
- Long handle, not beginner-friendly
3. EcoTools Duo Makeup Brush Set – Best Set For Nose Contouring
Makeup brush set by EcoTools is the way to go if you want to contour that nose without breaking the bank. It’s affordable but it’s also very convenient.
This is not a single brush, it’s a brush set made of two duo brushes. What is a duo brush?
A duo brush has a brush on each end. In this set, you get four different brushes, packed in two!
These brushes are perfectly shaped to contour your nose. They can be used for applying eyeshadow as well.
So, this is not just a great option for contouring, this set is compact and offers a variety of uses. The flat angled brush can also be used for applying eyeliner or brow pomade!
EcoTools set is also a great option for environmentally friendly people. Every product made by EcoTools is made using recycled or natural materials!
The bristles are made from synthetic materials, so they’re easy to clean. You might require a little more product to apply with these brushes, as some tend to soak up the product.
- Two duo brushes
- Easy to clean
- Perfect set for nose contouring
- Made from natural or recycled materials
- Brushes can soak up the product
4. Yoseng Makeup Brushes Set 10Pcs Professional Oval Brushes – Best Makeup Brush Set
Yoseng’s makeup brushes set is our top choice for a makeup brush set. This astonishing set will serve you for at least a good few years – so it’s a really good investment.
This set consists of 10 oval, professional-grade brushes. You get a liquid foundation brush, a blush brush, bronzer brush, powder brush, a lip contour brush, a concealer brush, an eyeshadow brush, a nose contour brush, a brow contour brush, and a lipstick brush!
And all that in one set! If you’re a beginner, you might benefit more from this set than those who know their way around makeup products because you get all basic brushes.
However, do note that it takes a little getting used to in order to apply makeup with these oval, toothbrush-like tools. The bristles are synthetic and easy to wash, like the other choices in this article. The bristles are dense, so they don’t soak up too much bronzer.
What’s so great about oval brushes is the grip you get. The ergonomic, comfortable handle is very user-friendly. But, keep in mind that the handle is plastic and a little cheap, so it can break according to some reviews.
- Great 10-piece set
- Synthetic bristles
- Easy to clean
- Densely-packed bristles
- Cheap handle
5. Beauty Junkees Flat Angled Contour Makeup Brush – Simple Option
Beauty Junkees’ flat angled nose contour brush is one of the best out there. Its simple and compact design will make it fit in on every vanity.
The bristles are made from synthetic material, so they don’t require a lot of effort to clean. The bristles are densely packed, they don’t absorb too much of the product and most importantly – they don’t shed!
The handle is comfortable, as it’s made from durable plastic. If you’re just learning to contour your nose, it’s important to have an ergonomic handle like the one from Beauty Junkees – otherwise, your hand might start cramping!
The product is distributed evenly, thanks to the dense bristles. Don’t worry about your nose coming out patchy or dirty-looking – your Beauty Junkees brush will create a polished look!
This brush is thick enough to do even bigger jobs like the jaw or cheekbone contouring. Flat angled brush is the best option if you’re just learning how to contour.
On the other hand, we found that this brush is far too large to use on the eyes. There’s no way this brush can be used as a shadow brush as well.
- Offers a variety of uses on the face
- Synthetic bristles
- Creates a polished look
- Comfortable handle
- Too large for applying eyeshadow
Buying A Nose Contour Brush – What To Look For, Tips And Tricks
Buying a makeup brush – any makeup brush is almost considered an investment. A really good nose contour brush will last you a long time. How long, to be exact?
A well kept makeup brush can serve you for a decade, more or less. However, if you ask some mothers or grandmothers, they’ll tell you they used the same powder brush for 30 years. That’s a bit too much if you ask us.
Really want your skin to have that healthy glow? Check out our top picks on Korean CC creams.
What kind of brush is the best for nose contouring?
|The fluffy, angled nose contouring brush||Best for beginners, used for powder or compact bronzers|
|The flat, angled nose contouring brush||Best for blending out creamy and compact bronzers|
|The flat toothbrush-like nose contouring brush||Experts only (takes some skill to use), best for creamy, concealer-like contour sets|
Nevertheless, a real makeup lover knows you don’t have to use the brush only for its purpose. Any brush can be used for any purpose, makeup is supposed to be fun. If you find your concealer brush does the job best, who’s to say it doesn’t?
Something we wanted to put an accent on is how important it is to choose a good brush. A really good nose contour brush will be easy to use and clean. A bad contour brush will make your face (and nose) seem dirty and in the end, you will look like you put makeup on in the dark.
Quality contour products are worth nothing if you use a cheap or low-quality makeup brush. That brush won’t be able to transfer the product properly and blend the product out for a seamless look.
Can Affordable Brushes Do The Job Just As Good As Professional Brushes?
- From our personal experience, yes they can. But finding a good affordable brush can be challenging. You can find yourself buying a third or fourth affordable brush because the last one didn’t do the job right or it fell apart.
- In the end, when you add the price of each brush, you realize you should have simply invested in a professional grade brush. So, the choice is yours but we advise you to choose a brush on the pricier side – the quality doesn’t lie!
Synthetic Vs. Natural Hair
- We wish we could tell you it’s really simple. But synthetic hair offers some perks natural don’t, and vice versa. So, what are the benefits when you’re using synthetic hair brushes?
- First of all, they’re always cheaper. If you’re looking for some low-cost brushes, synthetics are the way to go. Next, they’re easier to clean. The product doesn’t cling as much to the synthetic bristles.
- By the way, we strongly recommend using a synthetic brush if you plan to contour your nose with a creamy bronzer or concealer. This is also a vegan-friendly option.
- If you have darker skin, you might have trouble picking out a contour set. Check out our article on the best contours for dark skin!
- On the other hand, a natural contour brush will be more expensive. There are some perks to it, though. A natural brush tends to catch color easier and it doesn’t soak too much of the product. Also, the blending is a little nicer with a natural brush!
- Well, this one is important, even if it doesn’t seem that way. Handles can be made of plastic or wood. Wooden handles are a little more durable and they are more comfortable sitting in your hand. A comfortable handle means you’ll have a steady hand when applying makeup.
- On the other hand, a plastic handled brush is a little cheaper. The plastic handle can be just as comfortable as a wooden one if you choose a good brush.
- Keep in mind that the plastic handles get scratches and cuts rather easily from daily wear and tear. If you don’t mind the brushes looking worn after a while, the plastic handled brushes can be a great choice too!
Extra tip: always keep the brushes clean! There are a few reasons why:
- Dirty brushes collect bacteria and transfer them to your face (this can result in acne and have a pro-aging effect);
- Clean brushes have a longer life span – brushes full of the product can dry out and the bristles can start falling out;
- Using a dirty brush to apply makeup will not create a seamless look, but it will make your face seem patchy and unattractive instead;
Let’s check out the top 10 cosmetics markets in the world measured in US dollar (2018):
|South Korea||2.2 billion|
Best Nose Contour Brush – Conclusion
Now that we’ve reviewed our favorite nose contour brushes, it’s time to pronounce the best of the best. Believe us, this was no easy task – there are so many great makeup brushes on the global market. But, we did it! So, without any further ado, here are out best nose contour brushes of 2020:
Best Overall: Real Techniques Expert Concealer Brush
- Real Techniques simply does not disappoint. This time, this brand won in our ‘Best Overall’ category with this fabulous nose contour brush! Easy to clean and use – Expert Concealer brush is the best nose contour brush there is!
Premium Pick: wet n wild Pro Brush Line Flat Contour Brush
- Wet n wild’s flat contour brush is our high-end, premium choice for a nose contour brush. Its contemporary design and quality bristles make this brush one of the best brushes available on the market! You will not make a mistake buying this brush!
Budget-Friendly Choice: EcoTools Duo Makeup Brush Set
- EcoTools made it into our affordable, budget-friendly category. Want to contour your nose without breaking the bank – EcoTool has got your back! Two duo brushes will make nose contouring a breeze!