Top 5 Best Face Washes To Use With Clarisonic 2021:
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Christina Moss Naturals Face Wash
- Cetaphil Redness Face Wash
- La Roche-Posay Face Wash
- Neutrogena Face Wash
Skincare routine is very important and has become very popular over the past couple of years. Today, people finally realize how important it is to take care of their skin and regularly use SPF for sun protection.
Face cleansing is the first and the most crucial step of any good skincare routine. Perhaps you are not aware of it yet, but the cleanser you use plays a big role. After a whole day of wearing makeup, different cosmetic products, and sweating, the first thing you want to do is wash your face, treat, and moisturize it.
If you regularly use a Clarisonic brush, you know how important it is to have a good face wash to work with it, so you can properly clean your skin. Gentle face washers are a way to go, and so we are here to offer a helping hand in finding the best ones on the market!
This article includes 5 best face washes for Clarisonic, and we’ve also provided some tips on what to consider before buying one, so let’s get started!
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Face Washes To Use With Clarisonic In 2021
1. CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser – Editor’s Choice
The absolute favorite and also the best seller amongst face washes is this CeraVe face wash! CeraVe is already a reputed brand, and it first appeared in 2005. Nowadays everybody adores their products, and more often than not you will not find their products available – because they’re sold out!
This facial cleanser is one of the best ones that we’ve tested so far. It comes in a handy tube with 16 oz of product. The product itself is for normal to oily skin, but it can even suit dry skin.
CeraVe face wash contains no fragrance or alcohol and will not irritate your skin. It has three essential ceramides 1, 3, and 6-11 that help with inflamed skin; hyaluronic acid that keeps your skin moisturized and niacinamide that treats fungal acne.
However, we found some parabens (methylparaben and propylparaben), which may cause allergic reactions and other inflammation.
Also, we did notice it doesn’t remove makeup very well, but that’s not a big deal for some people. Moreover, it works excellent with Clarisonic as it forms a really well foam. Overall, this face wash is very mild and soothing and will leave your skin glowy and soft to touch.
- For acne-prone skin
- Doesn’t irritate the skin
- Contains three essential ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide
- Contains parabens
- Not the best at removing makeup
2. Christina Moss Naturals Face Wash – Runner Up
There is a good reason this face wash is a few dollars above the standard price range for this type of product. Christina Moss face wash is one of the very few face washes on the market that uses organic ingredients like Rosemary essential oil, olive oil, coconut oil, and aloe vera.
As expected, this face wash doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients such as SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), parabens, dyes, synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, etc.
The list of ingredients is quite short, which means that only the good necessary stuff is used to create it. Moreover, Christina Moss’s face wash is certified organic, no GMO, cruelty-free, and ECO-friendly. Incredible, right?
This face wash will certainly not irritate your skin, and will even moisturize it. Moreover, it proved great for acne-prone skin and breakouts. The texture of the cleanser is great, but the foam is not as good. That could be a little problem when using Clarisonic, but you can work with it.
Also, the smell is not so great, but the fact that it doesn’t use synthetic fragrances and other harmful chemicals, was enough for us to simply get over it. When you think of that, it’s not so bad after all.
The downside of this face wash is that it contains a small amount of product and costs way more.
- Great for acne-prone skin
- No harmful chemicals at all
- Doesn’t irritate the skin
- Contains organic ingredients
- The smell is not divine
- It’s expensive considering the amount you get
3. Cetaphil Redness Face Wash – Budget-Friendly Option
Cetaphil first started in 1974, and still uses the same old good formula. This brand has become one of the top skincare brands, and any dermatologist or a healthcare professional will always recommend it.
They are famous for their gentle and effective skincare products that are PH balanced very close to neutral (7). That makes it good for any type of skin, mainly dry and sensitive skin, because it won’t cause irritations. The genuine rule here is – the less, the better, and this face wash has very few ingredients.
Cetaphil Redness face wash has a very good foaming texture, and Clarisonic loves it! The foam leaves skin gentle and soft to touch. Not to mention how it helps with breakouts. We’ re talking about deep cleansing here!
It also rinses very quickly, and you don’t have to wash your face with water a thousand times before it comes off ultimately, which is great.
However, this face wash does contain some fragrance that might cause allergies in some people. Also, we didn’t notice some drastic changes in skin redness soothing, but then again, that’s only our experience.
- Ideal for dry and sensitive skin
- PH balanced
- Gentle and leaves skin soft
- Soothes skin and helps with breakouts
- Rinses easily
- Contains fragrance which can cause allergies
- Doesn’t soothe redness
4. La Roche-Posay Face Wash – Best For Sensitive Skin
One of the leading skincare companies in Europe is the French company La Roche-Posay. This brand includes different lines, and this Toleriane line is designed for sensitive skin. One of the most gentle face washes out there, and also the most effective one is this La Roche-Posay face wash.
This face wash is from the Toleriane line, which doesn’t irritate skin – there are no fragrances or alcohol added. Alcohol and fragrance may over strip your skin and cause dryness, oiliness, redness, and other irritations. Also, alcohol is known to quicken the aging process, and that’s not a thing you will want in any of your skincare products.
We like how it’s got foamy texture, making it perfect for Clarisonic users. Moreover, it won’t clog your pores and will leave your skin soft. We may even say it hydrates the skin.
The primary ingredient in this face wash is Niacinamide. Niacinamide builds proteins in the skin and locks moisture to prevent any damage. You should consider including as much of it in your skincare routine as you can.
However, the container is big and not so travel-friendly. We wish it came in smaller packages; nevertheless, you will get a 400ml product at an affordable price!
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Great for sensitive skin
- Foams well
- Leaves skin soft
- Bulky container
- Won’t remove makeup so good
5. Neutrogena Face Wash – Best For Removing Makeup
Last but not least is this fantastic Neutrogena face wash. First of all, the ability of this face wash to remove any kind of makeup (even waterproof!) is absolutely stunning! Before you know it, you will get rid of all the makeup, dirt, oil, and bacteria from your skin.
Neutrogena comes in a big package with 250 ml of product and contains a handy pump. It doesn’t foam that much, which can be inconvenient if you want to use it with Clarisonic, but it doesn’t mean it won’t get the job done.
This face wash contains no alcohol, which is excellent. But on the other hand, it does contain citric acid and fragrance that could potentially cause irritations in some people. So, it might not suit dry skin, and it works best with normal to oily skin and combination skin.
Nevertheless, the great thing about this face wash is that it is gentle and definitely won’t clog your pores. The most important thing is – it won’t strip your skin of its natural oils. Your skin will feel very soft to touch and even slightly moisturized after it.
Unquestionably, this is one of the most effective and quality drugstore face washes that you should try out.
- Great at removing makeup
- Gentle on the skin
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Alcohol-free formula
- Leaves skin moisturized
- Doesn’t foam very well
- Contains citric acid and fragrance that may cause irritations
- Might not suit dry skin
Things To Consider Before Buying Face Wash For Clarisonic
If you’re on the fence of buying your next face wash, you will need first to know some essential factors. In the sea of face washes, you need to know some basic specifications of what it does as not all will suit your skin type. To get the best results, you’ll need to know some basics like which skin type you have and what ingredients to avoid.
But first, what is a face wash anyways?
- Face washes are cleansers that foam up and are very effective at cleaning the skin as they clean deep down to the pores. They remove dirt, soot, breakouts, makeup, sweat, and bacteria leaving the skin soft and fresh. Face washes are the first step in your skincare routine, and we always recommend using them before anything else.
What is the difference between face wash and a face cleanser?
- The fundamental difference between the two is that face washes foam up upon application and need to be washed off, while face cleaners have more like milky/lotion consistency, don’t foam, and can be wiped or washed off. At last, it all depends on your skin type, as both do the same job – clean the face.
Why Would You Need Clarisonic?
- Washing your face with hands is fine, but if you really want to clean it, you will undoubtedly need some useful device that is gentle to your skin. That’s where Clarisonic kicks in.
- Clarisonic is an electronic cleansing brush that washes away makeup, dirt, dead skin, and cleans pores deeply. The quality is guaranteed as this device is effective and quick, and will last a lifetime.
- Clarisonic has to work with water and a good face wash to clean your face effectively. Thus, choosing the right face wash is essential. We recommend aiming for the ones that foam well, instead of non-foaming and lotion-like cleaners.
- Foaming cleansers are best for this type of device as they go deeply into pores, and are best for removing excess oils and sebum, dirt, makeup from the skin, and even hard-to-wash-sunscreen. These can also provide a gentle exfoliation depending on the ingredients used and are the best option if you have acne and oily skin problems.
- When it comes to products that go on our skin, we need to know what they are made of. Perhaps you don’t understand what all of these ingredients mean and what each does, but it’s good to know some basics.
- The most important thing to avoid when it comes to face washes is the presence of alcohol and fragrance. Alcohol and fragrance can dry out your skin and cause it to produce even more sebum. They can also irritate your skin, cause allergies, and breakouts.
- Some other harmful ingredients for your skin include:
- Parabens (methyl, butyl, propyl);
- Sulfates (like Sodium Laureth Sulfate);
- Polyethylene glycol ;
It’s vital to know your skin type before purchasing any skincare product. Face cleansers differ from one skin type to another, and if you use the wrong one, you can end up with problems such as dryness, oily skin, breakouts, and irritations.
If you don’t want your money to go down the drain, you will have to choose it carefully. Luckily that’s easy as every face wash cleanser has strict instructions on how to use it, ingredients list, and indication on the label for which type of skin it is for.
- Normal skin is the perfect balance of moisture and oil. Any type of cleanser is fine but opt for mild ones.
- Oily skin produces more sebum, and it is more greasy and shiny all the time. Opt for PH balanced face washes as they will wash all the excess oil and prevent oil production.
- Dry skin is itchy, doesn’t have moisture, has prominent pores, and can appear flaky and tight. Avoid face washes with alcohol content.
- This type of skin is prone to allergies and irritations, as it is very sensitive. Aim for low chemical content and more natural products.
- This type of skin is both dry in some places and oily on others (dryer skin on cheeks, oily T-zone). It can be hard to handle this type of skin, but look for the label ‘combination skin’ and avoid harmful chemicals.
- We highly suggest spending more money on skincare products. That way, you will get the best ingredients and formulas that are effective and give visible results.
- As we’ve already mentioned, a cleanser is the number one step in skincare routine as you first have to wash your face thoroughly to prep it for moisturizers and serums. That being said, investing in something that will get half the job done right, certainly pays off.
- However, a good face wash is not necessarily the most expensive one, so always look for the ingredients list and which type of skin it is for first. Generally, you can find good face washes for less than 10$; it depends on your needs and skin type.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
We hope we have given you some guidelines in choosing the right face wash for your needs. A few things are for sure – always buy a cleanser with no harmful ingredients and according to your skin type.
Furthermore, a few extra dollars are always worth it when it comes to any skincare product, as it will pay off at some point in the future.
To sum up, here are our top recommendations for this round:
Editor’s Choice: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- The best overall, in our opinion, is this CeraVe foaming face wash. This face wash is excellent for all skin types, especially the acne-prone ones, and won’t irritate your skin. Three essential ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide will soothe all the breakouts and oil, and leave you with fresh and glowy skin!
Runner Up: Christina Moss Naturals Face Wash
- Consider setting some extra penny aside as this Christina Moss face wash is all you will need for perfectly clean and healthy skin! This face wash is very effective and uses only organic ingredients that won’t irritate your skin, but will leave it soft and moisturized!
Budget-Friendly Option: Cetaphil Redness Face Wash
- A timeless classic and also very affordable is this Cetaphil face wash that will wash your face thoroughly and soothe all the redness. This face wash rinses off easily and quickly and gets rid of any breakouts on the skin. Balanced PH makes it very gentle and perfect for dry and sensitive skin!