Top 5 Best Lip Balms For Dark Lips 2023:
- Burts Bees 100% Natural Origin Moisturizing Lip Balm, Beeswax, 2 Tubes in Blister Box
- Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm For Men SPF 25
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Swivel Stick with Vitamin E SPF 20 Pack of 3
- ArtNaturals Natural Lip Balm Beeswax Pack of 6
- Neutrogena Revitalizing and Moisturizing Tinted Lip Balm with Sun Protective Broad Spectrum SPF 20
Dark lips are a common problem among Afro-Americans and Indians as well among people who smoke a lot and drink tea or coffee too much. It is not a secret that we all want to have soft, smooth, and rosy lips, but without proper care, that is impossible.
If you have dark pigmented lips, choosing the right kind of lip balm is crucial since not all lip balms can cover your lip’s darkness. It would help if you looked for a lip balm with a tint, SPF factor, and moisturizer in it so that it can hydrate and color your lips. It is crucial to choose a product with SPF so it can protect your lips from the sun since lips can get sunburns too, which makes them even darker and all wrinkled up.
So now that you know how nourishing your lips is a must-do routine let’s find the best lip balm for dark lips available on the market.
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Lip Balms For Dark Lips In 2023
1. Burts Bees 100% Natural Origin Moisturizing Lip Balm, Beeswax, 2 Tubes in Blister Box – Tingling Sensation
Nothing can nourish your lips better than a product that is 100% natural. The Burts Bees lip balm is free of parabens, phthalates, petroleum, and SLS. It is also infused with Beeswax, Peppermint oil, and Vitamin E. The Beeswax conditions your lips while Vitamin E moisturizes them.
This Beeswax lip balm is available in a tube, in the traditional tin, and in a chapstick. This lip balm is great for healing dry, chapped lips. It will repair and restore moisture in them; thus, your lips will be softer and smoother.
Since the formula is all-natural, this lip balm is perfect for healing and soothing sun damage. Use it regularly to see the difference. The minty flavor will create a cooling sensation on your lips.
The texture is very thick and waxy for our taste, so the balm is a bit stickier than you can expect, so some people might find it too heavy to wear. It will also make your lips glossy. On the other hand, thanks to the waxy texture, this balm will moisturize your lips for an extended period of time.
The great thing is that it is colorless, so it is suitable for women and men. Unfortunately, this balm is ideal for winter and autumn when the sun is not so aggressive since it does not have SPF, but it does a great job in nourishing and repairing flaky lips.
- Nourish and moisturize your lips
- 100% natural ingredients
- Suitable for men and woman
- No SPF
- The texture is too thick and waxy
2. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Swivel Stick with Vitamin E SPF 20 Pack of 3 – First Aid Against Wind-Burned Lips
No one likes flaky, chapped wind-burned lips! It’s not only nasty looking; it is hurtful and annoying. But do not despair Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula is here to cover you on the spot!
This great lip balm is packed with vitamin E and raw cocoa butter. Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant vitamin, will soften and repair dry skin and encourage new skin cells growth. On the other hand, cocoa butter offers you sun protection with SPF 20 and a tasty chocolaty smell!
It also contains ingredients like Mineral Paraffinum Oil and Microcrystalline Wax; this makes the texture a bit heavy and waxy, so it is not suitable for people who like lightweight formulas on their lips. However, this is the main reason why this balm restores and retains your lips’ hydration, making them look smooth, soft, and healthy.
This balm will prevent further dehydration of your lips, especially during hot summers, but only if you wear it regularly. Don’t get us wrong this lip balm is awesome, but it won’t do magic on neglected lips that are very dry with rough patches and blemishes.
We love the versatility of this product since you can also use it on dry cuticles, dry skin on your face or anywhere on the skin, some users even said they used it on the belly during pregnancies to prevent stretch markings. It is colorless, so it is suitable for girls and boys too.
- Versatile use
- Contains Vitamin E and Cocoa Butter
- Restore and retain hydration
- SPF 20
3. ArtNaturals Natural Lip Balm Beeswax Pack of 6 – Fun And Flavorful Lip Balm Kit
The ArtNaturals Lip Balm is one hell of a fun collection made specifically for people that just can’t go without lip balm like ever. Every pack contains six flavors—island coconut, passion pitaya, mango papaya, hibiscus blossom, grapefruit tonic, and eucalyptus mint. This is an affordable deal since you will get 6 x 0.15 oz for a very generous price.
The ArtNaturals lip balms are marketed as made from 100% natural ingredients, which is not so true since they contain “flavors,” those can consist of a wide variety of chemicals. However, they are Paraben free as well as cruelty-free.
It also combines jojoba, coconut, and sunflower seed oils with natural beeswax to provide better hydration for your lips. These products are enriched with antioxidants and vitamins that will help you heal and moisturize your lips, but these do not have any SPF.
The texture is lightweight and creamy, and it will perfectly moisturize, nourish, and soothe your dry and flaky lips.
But since the formula is very light, it is not the best possible choice for lips that are very dry and chapped. It won’t stay on your lips for too long, so you will need to re-apply it from time to time to maintain your lips hydrated. This also means the lip balm will wash down every time you drink or eat, which is a bit annoying.
- Comes with six different flavors in one pack
- Light texture
- Good hydration
- No SPF
- Contains flavors
- Not suitable for very dry lips
4. Neutrogena Revitalizing and Moisturizing Tinted Lip Balm with Sun Protective Broad Spectrum SPF 20 – Add Splash Of Color To To Your Lip Care
The Neutrogena Revitalizing lip balm is perfect for wearing during the day as well during the night since it is tinted, and it is available in five different colors. This also means it is suitable only for ladies.
This lip balm will soften, smooth, and protect dry lips. It will also create a protective film on your lips and keep them safe from UVA and UVB rays, considering it is equipped with SPF 20. The SPF will prevent further darkening and pigmentation of your lips and prevent sunburn damages and drying out.
The texture is very light-weight yet surprisingly moisturizing. It will properly heal your flaky, chapped lips in record time and help you maintain your lips’ healthy look. This lip balm is more medicinal, and it contains ingredients such as Ion2Complex, Ocitinoxate and Oxybenzone, castor seed oil, and of course, beeswax; these ingredients add moisture and make lips softer.
As said, these lip balms are tinted, and they will add a sheer tint film on your lips, making them look revitalized, healthy, rosy, and liver. You can be sure that by using this product, you will get improved texture and color just within a week.
The downside is the price, of course, considering you get only one lip balm, and most other lip balms come in a pack of few lip balms for that price.
- Light formula and texture
- Tinted and available in five different colors
- Hydrate lips very well
- SPF 20
- High price for just one lip balm
- Only suitable for ladies
5. Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm For Men SPF 25 – Innovation On The Beauty Market
This lip balm is specifically created for stronger gender. Yup, you read that good ladies. Since most of the beauty products currently available on the market are created with women’s needs in mind, this product is really refreshing, and that is the main reason why we decide to list it.
The fact that this is men’s lip balm did not prevent us from trying it out, and we were left speechless. The formula is so intense, smooth, and moisturizing that no cracked lip can fight against it. It contains antioxidants vitamin E, green tea, Shea butter, and avocado oil. Considering this is formulated for men’s, the flavors are neutral such as Mint, Lavender, and Grape and Ginger.
This lip balm does not leave any shiny, sticky finish since the texture is not greasy at all; it is rather well balmy and natural. It comes in a tube, and it is very easy to apply. The annoying thing is that you won’t be able to use the entire product until the end since it can be very hard to push it out of the tube.
The great news is that this lip balm has an amazingly high SPF of 25. The recommendation is to apply this lip balm on your lips at least 30 minutes before walking out on the sun for the best result. The price is a bit on the high-end side, but we still think it’s worth every penny.
- An intense formula that hydrates lips immediately
- Great texture that leaves no shiny residue
- SPF 25
- Specifically made for men
- The tube is not so convenient
How To Prevent Discoloration Of Already Dark Lips?
There are few things you can do to prevent further darkening and discoloration of your lips:
- The first thing is to stop smoking
- Always wear SPF lip balm before going out in the sun
- Never use old, expired, or cheap lip care products since they can damage your lips skin easily
- Let your lips breath and do not cover up them with lipstick all the time
- Always remove lipstick before you go to sleep
- Regularly scrub your lips with honey, lemon, and brown sugar
- Drink enough water to hydrate your skin
- Don’t consume more than 3 cups of tea or coffee per day
- Apply home remedies such as aloe vera, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, olive oil, and beetroot juice that are well known for their ability of lightening skin
How To Choose The Best Lip Balm?
Lips are very delicate, and they can get damaged easily if you do not take care of them as you should. Things like sun rays, wind, makeup, and not drinking enough water will surely leave marks on them. The only thing you can do to prevent that is to regularly wear hydrating lip balm. There are a few factors you must look for before purchasing the right lip balm.
- Look for lip balms that will be able to maintain your lips smooth, soft, and well-hydrated throughout the year. We prefer using lip balms from all-natural ingredients since they do not contain any harmful chemicals, so chances are less than you can further dry out your lips.
- Balms are only as good as their ingredients are. A lip balm that contains phenol might dry out your lips and lead to cracked, broken skin if you used it for an extended period.
- On the other hand, ingredients such as camphor and menthol may leave your lips feeling tingly. This is not bad, but some people do not feel comfortable with this feeling, and if your lips are extremely chapped, it might cause slight discomfort.
- Look for ingredients such as beeswax and shea butter, essential oils, and cocoa butter for the best possible lip care.
- Like already said, your lips are sensitive and very vulnerable to the sun’s rays. Choose the lip balm that offers SPF protection the higher, the better. The harmful sun rays will further damage your skin, cause sunburns, darkening, and discoloration if you have extremely sensitive lips, never go out in the sun if you did not apply lip balm with SPF protection.
- This is quite important if you ask us. The choices are stick, tube, or tin. A stick is the best choice since the application is effortless and less messy. The problem with tin is that you need to use fingers for application, which is not so hygienic. The lip balms in the tube are a bit hard to use until the end since some significant amount of product will remain in it, and you won’t be able to extract it.
Shine And Color
- Most lip balms are sheer, and they only leave a light glossy residue after application. But in case you want to spice up things a bit, choose lip balms that are tinted.
- There is nothing wrong if you do not want to spend some significant amount of money on a thing like a lip balm. Be aware that a low price almost always means that the product is not all-natural. Also, if the price is very high, that does not mean it is way better than others.
- It is always the best option to choose the product from an already known and trusted brand name.
Now that we armed you with some useful buying tips let’s take a closer look at our favorite three products from this list.
- This is a great moisturizing lip balm since it renews, nourishes, hydrates, and calms down your cracked lips with fresh mint extracts. It contains 100% natural ingredients without parabens, phthalates, SLS, or petrolatum. This product works great for both men and women.
Premium Pick: Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm For Men SPF 25
- This is a long-lasting treatment for dry, dark, and hyperpigmented lips. It contains SPF 25 that protects the lips from the burning effects of the sun. This means no sunburn – no wrinkles and dark spots on the lips. The lip balm soothes and conditions irritated, chapped lips, and prevents hyperpigmentation, especially on dark and brown lips.
Budget-Friendly Choice: Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Swivel Stick with Vitamin E SPF 20 Pack of 3
- There is nothing not to like about this amazing lip balm. First, it allows versatile use as we said there is no dry patch on your skin that you can’t treat with this amazing balm! It consists of vitamin E and raw cocoa butter that moisturizes your skin perfectly. Also, did we mention this lip balm comes in a pack of three?