Top 5 Best Pumice Stones For Feet 2023:
- KuuCare Natural Earth Lava Pumice Stone
- Zenda Naturals Earth Lava Pumice Stone
- Mr. Pumice Ultimate Pumi Bar
- Gilden Tree 2-sided Pumice Stone
- LOVE, LORI 2 in 1 Pumice Stone And Soap
Summer’s finally here. We can finally shed those layers of clothing and embrace sundresses and outfits that draw attention to bronze skin!
It’s also time to unpack those strappy sandals and slides we bought on sale during the lockdown. You want to try some shoes on and… you see your feet. You didn’t take care of them much this winter – hence, you have hardened skin and calluses.
They’re begging for a pedicure in your favorite salon, but you want to be responsible. Who wants to get a mani and pedi during the global pandemic?
So, this is the ideal time for DIY. You need basic equipment for a home pedicure, the most important tool being the pumice stone. But, there are so many pumice stones – how can you pick just one?
Luckily, we got you – continue reading this article to see our top picks on pumice stones, what to look for when buying a pumice stone, and more!
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Pumice Stone For Feet In 2023
1. KuuCare Natural Earth Lava Pumice Stone – Best Overall
KuuCare’s pumice stone is the one that deserves the best spot. This is an all-natural pumice stone, made from genuine volcanic lava. It’s aesthetically pleasing, too – especially compared to the other, dull pumice stones.
Pumice stones should always be hung to dry after use. Thankfully, KuuCare’s pumice stone has a built-in string so you can hang it in the shower. That can be useful if you tend to forget to exfoliate your feet until they start to look bad – the pumice stone will be within your hand’s reach!
If you don’t have a hook to hang your pumice stone on, you needn’t worry. A suction hook is included in KuuCare’s package!
KuuCare’s lava pumice stone is ergonomically shaped for the perfect grip, so it sits in your hand perfectly. Its oval shape makes it easy to get into all areas of your feet that are difficult to reach. The wide-sized pores are ideal for removing calluses and large sections of hardened skin.
Do note that this pumice stone is made for rough, callused feet. If you have mostly soft feet, and you’re looking for a pumice stone to use in-between appointments at the salon, this will not be a great fit – it can be too rough.
- Suction cup included
- Built-in string
- Ergonomic, oval-shaped
- Wide-shaped pores
- It can be too rough on gentle feet
2. Zenda Naturals Earth Lava Pumice Stone – Premium Choice
Zenda Naturals’ Earth Lava Pumice Stone is our premium, high-end choice. This pumice stone is made from genuine volcanic lava.
Pumice stones from Zenda Naturals are all uniquely shaped – they’re not cut and molded – the pumice stones are handpicked from the earth. They vary in size slightly, but they’re always oval.
Oval shaped pumice stones are ideal for getting into the contours of your feet and removing every bit of dead skin. They are also ergonomic, so you get a good grip on it when you’re working your feet. With Zenda Naturals’ pumice stone, a pedicure at home was never easier.
Zenda Naturals’ pumice stone has a built-in string, so you can hang it out to dry. As a side note, you should always dry the stone after use.
The wide pores on the surface of the pumice stone are ideal for removing hardened skin and calluses. Make sure to soak your feet for five minutes before you start because this pumice stone should only be used on wet feet!
What we’ve found to be a negative side of the Zenda Naturals’ pumice stone is the ‘no returns’ policy. You will probably love this pumice stone, but it’s better to know that you can return it if you don’t like it.
- Made from genuine volcanic lava
- Removes the calluses easily
- Ergonomic shape
- The company has a ‘no returns’ policy
3. Mr. Pumice Ultimate Pumi Bar – Budget-Friendly Choice
Mr. Pumice’s Pumi Bar is the affordable, budget-friendly choice for a pumice stone. If you’re looking for a pumice stone for your feet, but you’re not looking to spend a large amount of money, this is the one!
Ultimate Pumi Bar has two sides – a lavender and a purple one. The lavender-colored side is the gentler side. It’s used in-between appointments at the salon, to keep your feet soft and remove dead skin. Also, you can use this side for hands and elbows – just make sure that you don’t rub too hard!
The purple side has a rougher texture. This side of the pumice stone can be used for smoothing cracked heels, removing calluses and corns with no bother. Get ready to wear those fancy slides after using the Ultimate Pumi Bar!
This pumice stone can be used wet and dry. If you can’t be bothered to soak your feet before you start using the pumice stone, this is the perfect fit for you!
The con we wanted to put an accent on is the material. Ultimate Pumi Bar is not made from genuine volcanic lava, but a synthetic material. That usually means it’s not as long-lasting as a natural pumice stone.
- Double-sided for versatility
- Can be used for hands and elbows
- Can be used wet and dry
- Isn’t made from volcanic lava
4. Gilden Tree 2-sided Pumice Stone – Best Pumice Stone With A Handle
Gilden Tree’s 2-sided Pumice stone is the best pumice stone with a handle. It’s not exactly a pumice stone – it’s not made from volcanic lava but terra cotta instead. Someone would say that this is a negative side, but we dare to disagree.
Terra cotta is more durable than a regular pumice stone. If you invest in this product, it will serve you well for a long time, even years.
Gilden Tree’s pumice stone has an ergonomic handle, so it can be easier to use than a normal pumice stone. With the handle, you gain a better grip and control over the rubbing.
This pumice stone has two sides – one for scrubbing, and the other for buffing. The scrubbing side can remove calluses with no trouble. Make sure to use medium pressure to prevent any injuries, though.
The buffing side is used for smoothing the feet. If you have dead, hardened skin on your feet, use this side as the second step in your routine, after you remove dead skin. If you don’t have any dead skin, the buffing side is ideal for smoothing and polishing your soles.
The negative side we would like to point out is that this pumice stone is gentler than other choices in this article. It will resolve smaller calluses, but it’s not the ideal choice for very hard skin.
- Two-sided pumice stone
- Ergonomic handle
- Smooths feet efficiently
- Too gentle for removing hardened skin
5. LOVE, LORI 2 in 1 Pumice Stone And Soap – Simple Choice
Love, Lori’s 2 in 1 stone we felt belongs best in our simple choice category. This is a 2 in 1 tool – on one side, you pumice get a pumice stone and a soap on the other.
This pumice stone guarantees silky soft feet. It’s easy to hold and use. You get a large flat surface to remove large hardened skin areas with no trouble, and the sides can be used for difficult to reach sections.
On the other side of the pumice stone, you get a bar of soap to clean the feet before using the stone. The bar of soap is enriched with Vitamin E and shea butter. Vitamin E speeds up the skin regeneration process, and shea butter moisturizes the skin – so your feet stay smooth and soft for longer periods!
Love, Lori’s pumice stone can be used for dry elbows and knees, too. Just make sure to be gentle when exfoliating those areas because the skin is much thinner than the skin on feet!
This pumice stone doesn’t have a string or something to be hung by. We find this to be a flaw because pumice stones left wet can grow mold.
- 2 in 1 tool with a soap
- Soap moisturizes and cleans the feet
- Removes hard skin successfully
- Can be used for elbows and knees
- Doesn’t have a string
What To Look For In A Pumice Stone
You might be wondering what is a pumice stone. What is it even made of?
Pumice stones develop when lava mixes with water. When it cools off, it hardens and it develops a rough texture. That rough texture is perfect for removing dead skin cells without harming or breaking the skin.
Nowadays, some commercial brands even manufacture a tool similar to the pumice stone. The differences are that these stones are not made from volcanic lava, but synthetic materials, and they are not as long-lasting.
Let’s check out the market shares of the largest manufacturers of pumice stones in 2019:
|The rest of the world||26.5%|
So, six top manufacturers made more than three-quarters of the global supply of pumice stones last year. Wow!
If you haven’t done a pedicure by yourself yet, you might be a little lost in the beauty section of Amazon. The principal tool you need is a pumice stone – but there are so many. There are some pumice stones with a handle and you can even find motorized pumice stones… What is the best choice?
Since it’s really hard to pick one according to your needs, we singled out a few things to look out:
1. Size Of The Pumice Stone
- Pumice stones come in various sizes – they are made in nature, so there isn’t a size chart you can choose from, but you can opt for smaller or larger pumice stones.
- Smaller pumice stones are easier to hold in your hand and work with. Larger stones can remove dead skin easier and quicker than small ones, so if you are a bit lazy, larger stones are better for you!
- When manufacturers cut the pumice stone, they usually make an oval or rectangular shape. Rectangular pumice stones remove dead skin faster because you can apply more pressure. They don’t sit nicely in your hand like oval-shaped pumice stones, though. Oval pumice stones are perfect for your hand, and you can get into the contours of the foot with ease. There are even stones with flat and oval-shaped surfaces, which are just the best – they offer pressure and a better grip, all in one!
- As we mentioned previously, pumice stones can be found in nature, and they can be manufactured from synthetic materials. We strongly recommend using natural pumice stones, as synthetic pumice stones can contain chemicals that can dry out your feet.
4. Pore Size
- This is one of the crucial things to look for. The size of pores on the pumice stone determines how good of a job at exfoliating it will do.
|Small pores (1/16” in size)||Medium pores (1/8” in size)||Large pores (1/4” in size, and larger)|
|Perfect for exfoliating knees and elbows||Ideal for exfoliating dry and cracked heels||Flawless exfoliating of hardened skin and calluses|
- So if you’re looking for a pumice stone that makes your feet baby-soft, look for large pores. Pumice stone with quarter of an inch pores will do the job easier than one with smaller pores.
How To Use A Pumice Stone
When you are in need of a homemade pedicure, there are a few basic steps you should go by. It takes a little time to get beautiful feet, it can’t be done in two minutes. So, here is our step-by-step guide for summer-ready feet:
- Remove leftover nail polish;
- Soak your feet in warm, soapy water for five to ten minutes (or until your skin softens);
- Wet the pumice stone
- Now start rubbing the pumice stone against the hardened skin and calluses – apply light to medium pressure for a few minutes;
- From time to time, rub your fingers across the callus – if it seems soft, move the rubbing to another area;
- When you removed all the dead skin, rinse the stone;
- Now dry your feet and cut your toenails;
- Shape the toenails with a nail file;
- Apply cuticle oil to the nails and toes;
- Massage the feet with a hydrating lotion.
- Apply the base coat to your toenails;
- Apply the nail color (use toenail separator for the best results)
- Apply the topcoat for a long-lasting pedicure!
And there you go, your feet look like they belong in a commercial!
For soft feet all the time, use the pumice stone three times a week, or more. Remember to leave your pumice stone to dry after you’re done using it. Pumice stone left wet can grow mold and mildew, and also develop a bad smell. A stone like that is not safe (or pleasant) to use, and you’ll have to throw it out.
Warning: be careful when applying pressure to your foot with the pumice stone. If you rub too hard, you can break the skin and get an infection!
The Best Pumice Stone Of 2020 – Conclusion
Now that we’ve reviewed the best pumice stones there are, it’s time to pronounce the best of the best. Believe us, this was no easy task – there are so, so many great pumice stones! But, without any further ado, here are our top picks on pumice stones:
Best Overall: KuuCare Natural Earth Lava Pumice Stone
- KuuCare’s pumice stone made from genuine volcanic lava truly deserves the number-one spot. Its wide pores and ergonomic shape make removing hard skin easy and flawless. With this pumice stone, you’re ready to slip into those sandals in no time!
Premium Pick: Zenda Naturals Earth Lava Pumice Stone
- Zenda Naturals’ pumice stone is our top choice in the high-end category. Handpicked from the earth, this piece of genuine volcanic lava is the perfect tool for the home pedicure. This pumice makes your feet silky smooth without breaking a sweat!
Budget-friendly Choice: Mr. Pumice Ultimate Pumi Bar
- Mr. Pumice’s Ultimate Pumi Bar is the perfect pumice stone if you’re looking to buy one without breaking the bank. It has two sides – one is used for maintaining soft feet, and the other is rough and perfect for removing hardened skin! Ultimate Pumi Bar is the ideal choice for anyone!