Top 5 Best Teasing Combs 2022:
- Leinuosen 3-Pack Rat Tail Teasing Comb Steel Pin
- Spornette Little Wonder Teasing Comb
- Salonchic 8″ Deluxe Triple Teasing Comb
- Oneleaf Hair Comb Stylists Professional Styling Comb Set
- Revlon Perfect Style Softness and Shine Teasing Brush
The coronavirus outbreak hit us like a truck. In a matter of days, we had to part with so many things for the time being. Some things, like going to the office instead of working at home, we didn’t mind.
But spoiling yourself with some tiny luxuries? We think everyone experienced some sort of sorrow when all the salons closed.
The worst part is? All the hairdressers closed down, too. Sure, you can live without a cut and color when you’re quarantined in your home, but how about a hairstyle?
The first few weeks went a-okay with a messy bun, but we need to feel pretty and dolled up sometimes. Who doesn’t?
So, the first thing you’ll need is a blow-dryer and some brushes and combs. If you want your hair to be voluminous, you’ll need a teasing comb. Check out our article for the best shampoos for Asian hair.
But there are so many in the online shop…how are you supposed to pick just one? Luckily, we’ve got your back – read our article for the best teasing comb!
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Teasing Combs In 2022
1. Leinuosen 3-Pack Rat Tail Teasing Comb Steel Pin – Best Overall
Leinuosen’s pack of three is the teasing comb we felt belongs the most in our ‘best overall’ category. These combs offer everything you could need in a teasing comb, and at a reasonable price.
This three-pack is bright pink, so keeping the combs on your vanity desk will add some fun and decoration to it. There are two other colors available – black and white.
The teeth are made of plastic, but they’re still durable – the brush is made of special celcon plastic. However, the combs can be a little fragile and break if you pull the comb through hair – according to some customer reviews.
These combs are fine-toothed, so they work the best for creating volume fast, and they work well with thick and coarse hair.
The comb is easy to hold – you get a good grip so the comb won’t slide out of your hand while you’re working. Rat’s tail handle is used for parting, sectioning out hair, or laying it out once you’re done.
This comb is also static and heat resistant. You can use it for toning down and straightening, too!
- Great for thick hair
- Good grip on the handle
- Rat tail pin for sectioning
- Static and heat resistant
- Teeth are a little fragile and can break
2. Spornette Little Wonder Teasing Comb – Premium Choice
Spornette’s teasing comb is the comb we chose for our premium, high-end category. This comb is great for teasing, but it comes at a higher price than other combs in this article.
So, this comb creates volume and perfects your blowout. There is no need for extra hair products to achieve that salon look – this comb is more than enough.
Spornette’s comb has a multi-length teeth design – which is more efficient at teasing and creating texture. This comb will help you in your hairstyle without the damage.
Since this is a fine-toothed comb, it will work its magic best on medium to thick hair. It has rather sharp edges and can even break and pull out fine hair!
Teasing comb from Spornette’s also has a rat’s tail handle. This handle is perfect for sectioning hair out fast and creating a statement part.
Another cool thing about this teasing comb is that it’s heat resistant. Use this comb for teasing or while blow-drying and straightening – doesn’t matter. This comb can do it all! Moreover, this comb is very light so you can carry it with you at all times to fix your hair whenever.
- Multi-length teeth
- Rat’s tail for easy sectioning
- Lightweight – carry it with you everywhere
- Heat resistant
- Sharp edges can pull out weak and fine hair
3. Salonchic 8″ Deluxe Triple Teasing Comb – Budget-Friendly Choice
Salonchic’s triple teasing comb is the comb that belongs in our affordable, budget-friendly section. If you’re looking for a good quality teasing comb without breaking the bank, this is the one for you!
This comb has multi-length teeth, just like our previous choice. The teeth are plastic but they’re still durable. The smaller teeth are flexible and won’t break even with the most challenging teasing jobs.
Do note that the teeth can be a bit sharp and break hair. This tool is great for thick hair, but the hair on the finer side can be damaged.
It’s great for achieving big volume without breaking a sweat – it’s very easy to work with. Also, you can use this tool for backcombing. Backcombing is a method of teasing to create certain hairstyles – you tease the hair and comb it back afterward.
The handle offers a good grip, as well. You are completely in control of the teasing process when using Salonchic’s teasing comb.
This comb has a rat’s tail too. Sectioning and parting are so easy with this tool – it’s not limited to teasing, it can do so much more.
- Multi-length teeth
- Easy to work with
- Has a rat’s tail for sectioning
- Good for backcombing
- Can break and pull out fine hair
4. Oneleaf Hair Comb Stylists Professional Styling Comb Set – Best Comb Set
Oneleaf’s professional comb set is the best comb set out there. Not everyone is looking for a teasing comb, someone wants the whole package. And Oneleaf did not disappoint!
This comb set has 10 combs included. You get a rake comb, a teasing comb, a wave comb, wide-toothed comb (for detangling), fine-toothed pintail, fine-toothed tail comb, cutting comb, a 3 in 1 comb and a cutting comb. There are two different colors: a colorful and black set of combs.
For those starting out in hairstyling, this is a great set. These combs are made from plastic and can last you a long time. However, it’s not the best option for thick hair – they are a little fragile for coarse hair and can break. You get a good grip on every comb in this set because of the ergonomic handles.
They won’t scratch your scalp or create tangles and knots. The teasing comb in this set has a rat’s tail to section out the hair. It has wider teeth, so it’s perfect for thinner, weaker hair. It will not break or pull out the strands!
- 10 in 1 set
- Ergonomic handle for a good grip
- Doesn’t pull, scratch or tangle hair
- Teasing comb has a rat’s tail
- Too weak for thick hair, the comb can break
5. Revlon Perfect Style Softness and Shine Teasing Brush – Best Teasing Brush
Revlon’s tool for teasing is not a teasing comb, it’s a teasing brush. And be sure it’s the best teasing brush out there!
The handle is ergonomic, so you get a good grip on the brush. Be completely in control when teasing and hairstyling! It’s made of hard plastic, so it’s very durable.
Revlon’s teasing brush has soft bristles instead of plastic teeth. You can use this brush for fine or thick hair. However, thick and coarse hair might be hard to work with – the brush might get stuck.
The brush is less likely to create hair damage, but be careful and patient nonetheless. This brush can also be used for smoothing the hair and backcombing. Create shiny, polished looks in half the time!
This teasing brush has nylon synthetic bristles. They tease the hair and create volume with less damage and no horrible tangles.
No need to use another brush for toning down and creating the hairstyle. With gentle movements, this brush can do it all.
Like all combs in this article, this brush has a rat’s tail as well. It’s easy to section and part hair with Revlon’s teasing brush!
- Bristles instead of teeth
- Perfect for thin hair
- Ergonomic handle
- Has a rat’s tail
- Hard to use on thick hair
What To Keep In Mind When Buying A Teasing Comb
Well, while we’re talking about this, are you sure you need a teasing comb? And not something else entirely?
|Teasing comb||used for creating big hairstyles – it’s used to tease the strands so they achieve the volume you’re looking for;|
|Wide-toothed comb||used for detangling curly hair without any damage – curly hair will retain the gorgeous curls and stay hydrated with this comb|
|Tall comb||is used for sectioning out hair for braids, hairstyles or for creating a statement part|
So, if you’re looking for a hair comb for making really big hair, invest in a teasing comb. Other combs simply won’t be of much use – as we mentioned, they’re used for entirely different things.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a teasing comb. So, let’s see what those things are:
Width Of Comb Teeth
- This one is mostly on your personal preference. Most people opt for a fine-toothed comb, thinking it will get the job done easier than a wide-toothed teasing comb. However, what happens next is you create unfixable damage on your hair. A fine-toothed comb on fine or weak, damaged hair is a big no-no. It will break the already weakened bonds and after a teasing or two, you will notice that your hair looks so much worse.
- Teasing can create damage nonetheless, but using the right comb will prevent most of the damage. So, if you have fine or damaged hair, opt for a wide-toothed teasing comb. It will create volume without hurting the hair strands.
- On the other hand, if you have thick, coarse hair, a wide-toothed comb won’t do much for volume. Stick to a medium width or fine-toothed comb will get the volume you’re looking for. Also, a fine-toothed comb can also be used for sectioning out hair – so if you want a many-in-one comb, take this into account as well.
- Most teasing combs are made of plastic, but you can find a few made from wood. This is the one we prefer – a wooden brush or comb is less likely to break off or be damaged in any way when you’re using it.
Teeth – Quality And Material
- There a few materials teeth can be made from – plastic, wood, boar, and nylon. So, which are the best? Certainly boar bristles – but there is a downside. Since this is the natural option, they get the job done with virtually no damage (provided the person doing the teasing has some experience in it). But, this is the costly type – these combs are more expensive than any other type of teasing combs. Nylon bristles offer pretty much the same teasing quality as boar bristles, but they’re a budget and vegan-friendly option.
- Wooden combs are a great option but they can break off, and plastic combs are no different. If you’re looking for a teasing comb to love and use for a very long time, pick a boar bristle comb. And if you’re looking for a budget-friendly comb, a wooden or plastic toothed comb will do the job just fine!
Quality Of The Handle
- This section is more important than you think – a good handle will make the comb easier to use. If you can get a good grip on the handle, you will have more control over the teasing process. An uncomfortable handle will put you off teasing at some point. Who wants to get a cramp while they’re performing some hair magic?
- If you want your teasing comb to be used when you’re straightening your hair, you should look for one with a label ‘heat resistant’. Regular teasing combs will melt or be damaged when using it near a straightener. So, look for at least a mark of heat resistance up to 340℉ if you want the comb to survive your ironing session.
Teasing Tips And Tricks
- If you’re new at teasing hair and making grand hairstyles, you might be lost in the endless loop of YouTube tutorials. Let’s talk about the basic steps to achieve volume:
|Dry and brush||Tease only completely dry, brushed out hair – teasing tangled hair will damage the strands|
|Section out the hair||Use the end of a teasing comb to section out small strands|
|Start teasing||Be gentle and slow when teasing – doing it in a rush will not create a satisfying hairstyle, only a damaged mess|
|Use hairspray||Spray each strand a little to make sure your hair holds the volume|
|Style the teased strands||Use your fingers to put every strand in its place, and create a glossy finish with a hair oil|
|Brush out||Use a soft brush to lightly tone down your hair – be careful not to ruin the volume|
Extra tip: add a leave-in treatment after you’re done for the healthiest looking hair!
The Best Teasing Comb – Conclusion
So, we’ve covered all our favorite picks on teasing combs. Believe us, this was no easy task – there are so, so many great teasing combs out there! It was so hard to pick just five, but we did it. Now, it’s time to pronounce the best of the best. Without any further ado, here are the best teasing combs:
Best Overall: Leinuosen 3-Pack Rat Tail Teasing Comb Steel Pin
- Leinuosen’s three-pack is the best teasing comb out there. These combs will get the job done while looking pretty as ever!
Premium Choice: Spornette Little Wonder Teasing Comb
- Spornette’s teasing comb is our high-end pick for a teasing comb. Its multi-length teeth create voluminous hair in a matter of minutes!
Budget-Friendly Choice: Salonchic 8″ Deluxe Triple Teasing Comb
- Salonchic’s triple teasing comb is the teasing comb to buy if you want to tease hair without spending the big bucks. It gets the job done fast, thanks to triple-length teeth!