Top 5 Best White Foundations 2021:
- Mehron Makeup CreamBlend Stick
- Manic Panic Virgin White Pressed Powder Compact
- L.A. Girl Pro Coverage Liquid Foundation in White
- Mehron Makeup Clown White Professional Makeup
- NYX PROFESSIONAL SFX Creme Colour
The white foundation exists for a long time now, but it never truly ceased in popularity. If you may not be sure what white foundation is, let us tell you.
The white foundation is used to complete a series of artistic makeup looks, as body paint and as a mixer/lightener for foundations that are too dark. How do you mean, too dark?
Well, the beauty industry tends to produce a series of shades that fit most people, but not all. That applies usually for darker skin, but it’s usually the same with very pale and light skin tones.
Whatever your needs for a white foundation may be, there are so many on the market. Whether you want to put on some clown makeup or simply lighten the foundation you almost gave up on – the white foundation is here to help!
So, now you have a different problem. There are so many white foundations on the market – how can you pick just one? Which one is better?
That’s where we come in. We thoroughly researched the market and picked five amazing white foundations for you. Now, read the article to see what our top choices are!
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best White Foundations In 2021
1. Mehron Makeup CreamBlend Stick – Best Foundation In A Stick
Mehron is a cosmetics brand that has existed on the market for almost a century. They specialize in manufacturing products for body and face art.
They settle in the professional range – and their products are so high quality they’re used on movie sets! Wow! So, there is no doubt why their CreamBlend stick won our hearts and our category of the best white foundation!
The reason why we love this product so much is because it doesn’t have only one purpose. It can be used to create an artistic or Halloween makeup look, effortlessly.
Also, it can be applied to your face along the regular foundation and blended in to create the perfect shade of foundation. It mixes well with other colors, so you’ll have no trouble doing this. Another cool tip: if you’re very pale, you’re probably struggling to find a highlighting concealer – but this could be it.
It’s pigmented and thick, so it’s full coverage without a doubt. Also, if you want makeup that will last the whole Halloween night – this is the one!
Once you set it, there is no way this foundation will move anywhere. In fact, it may take a thorough double-cleanse to remove this bad boy!
The formula is amazing too – it’s made without petroleum jelly. It doesn’t feel greasy on your face!
- Full coverage
- Can be used as a lightener and face paint
- Formula without petroleum jelly
- None that we could find!
2. Manic Panic Virgin White Pressed Powder Compact – Best Compact
We were certainly surprised to find out that Manic Panic makes cosmetics, were you? They’re most definitely famous for their semi-permanent hair colors.
Around a decade or more ago, Manic Panic was the go-to hair color for everyone who wanted their hair in hot pink or deep turquoise. So, what are their cosmetics like?
We were so excited to review their Virgin White compact. It’s certainly a good quality product with a variety of different uses.
First, it can be used for face paint. It’s powdery but its coverage is better than regular compacts, medium to full. It can be layered on for the palest results!
This compact has a mirror inside, so you can touch up on the go, or reapply lipstick as needed. Also, under the powder is an applicator puff – how great!
Secondly, it works amazing as a regular foundation. A very pale person will certainly appreciate this color. It’s better applied with the puff rather than a sponge.
With the puff, you can easily layer more product if needed and easily create a seamless complexion. Also, this brand is vegan and cruelty-free!
Do note that this product contains mineral oil. For acne-prone skin, this can be a comedogenic ingredient so, be careful about using this compact.
- Variety of uses
- A mirror and a puff included
- Medium to full coverage
- Vegan-friendly and cruelty-free
- Not suitable for acne-prone skin
3. L.A. Girl Pro Coverage Liquid Foundation in White – Best Liquid Foundation
We love L.A. Girl, and we’ve been such fans for so long now. The Pro Coverage line of products has been a hit ever since it came out!
L.A. Girl is an absolute winner in our ‘affordable’ category. Not all of us can, or want to, spend an obscene amount of money on makeup. So, if you’re looking for a white foundation without breaking the bank – this is the one!
For a drugstore brand, L.A. Girl goes the extra mile. Their products are easily settled in the professional range – so many makeup professionals use them.
So, it was no surprise their liquid foundation in White was a win! It offers everything we could ask for!
The coverage can be built on to create the full coverage, seamless look. It’s liquid, so it can be used as a lightener. Just add a drop of regular foundation and a drop of L.A. Girl and mix them up!
L.A. Girl’s liquid will not change the texture of your foundation, no matter what it is! If your foundation is matte – it will stay matte!
Also, the foundation is very durable and will not move during the whole night. However, this foundation is not suitable for dry and sensitive skin.
- Can be used as a lightener and foundation
- Doesn’t change the texture
- Medium to full coverage
- Not suitable for dry or sensitive skin
4. Mehron Makeup Clown White Professional Makeup – Best For Clown Makeup
We already reviewed one product from Mehron, but we love this one all the same. This time, we’re talking about their Clown White Professional Makeup.
It’s almost common knowledge that a compact simply cannot offer more than sheer, light coverage.
Well, we were wrong. This product can cover anything. Want to create a look from the movie ‘It’ – but your natural skin tone is nowhere near pasty white?
Not a problem. This compact will make some vampires jealous of your face color! If your skin tone is more on the darker side, it may take some layering, but it will be done!
It’s very durable because it’s powdery, so it will not slide off your face, even on a hot day. No way this foundation will crack or look super-dry!
It’s best applied with a sponge or silicone applicator in a patting or tapping technique. That way, you will get a seamless complexion without it looking streaky.
There are three available sizes: 2.25Oz, 7Oz, and an amazing 16Oz jar! If you need a lot of white foundation on the regular basis, you will appreciate the large packaging!
The only flaw of this product is that it cannot be used as a foundation lightener. and it’s too pasty to be used as a regular foundation for pale people.
- Can be built to full coverage
- Used by professional clowns
- Variety of sizes
- Cannot be used as a lightener or a regular foundation
5. NYX PROFESSIONAL SFX Creme Colour – The Best Coverage
NYX’s SFX Creme Colour really is something else. NYX makes drugstore makeup products with professional quality.
This product is neither powder or liquid foundation. The texture is velvety and creamy – it’s blended easily with a foundation brush or a makeup sponge!
However creamy, a little goes a long way. If you use it for your face exclusively, you will find it lasts quite a while.
Its primary use is for SFX (SFX stands for special effects, used in movie production) and face art of all kinds. It’s also suitable for body paint.
There is really no reason why it cannot be used to lighten a liquid or creamy foundation. It also works as a concealer for extremely pale people, too.
However, NYX states that it can be used for regular makeup, but we find it to be too pasty for a full face. As a concealer, it does wonders.
It’s highly pigmented so full coverage is achieved without an effort. It’ll survive hot weather and sweating without moving. No cracks or oxidation – no matter what you do!
SFX Creme Colour is available in 12 opaque shades. So, you’re set with this brand to create a breathtaking Halloween look!
NYX is a brand that is proud of their cruelty-free certificate!
- Highly pigmented, full coverage
- Ideal for SFX and body paint
- Available in 12 shades
- Can be used as a lightener and concealer
- Too pasty to be used as a foundation
What To Keep In Mind When Buying A White Foundation
When you’re buying a foundation, even if it’s a white foundation, there are so many things to keep in mind. You do not want a makeup product that will make your face look even worse as a result.
Perhaps, if you’re buying a white foundation for body paint use, you don’t have to pay attention to lots of details. How
ever, if you do plan to wear body paint regularly (we don’t know what your job is), you will still have to search for a quality product.
Why? Because bad ingredients in the foundation can make your skin go berserk in just a few days. It can cause flare-ups, dermatitis, and even worse, so pay attention!
First of all, what is your skin type? Let’s talk about that – always buy a foundation according to your skin type:
|Normal skin||Dewy appearance, no major skin issuesLooks good with dewy and matte foundationsSheer, light coverage works best|
|Oily skin||Slick, greasy in the morningEnlarged pores, more prone to acne and blackheadsMedium to full coverage works bestMatte foundations stay on longer|
|Dry skin||Dull appearanceSkin feels tight in the morningSheer, light coverage is bestDewy foundations look better than matte|
|Acne-prone skin||Usually normal to oily skin, but due to internal issues acne appearSkin looks dehydratedFull coverage foundations work bestMatte foundations stay on longer and look nicer|
|Sensitive skin||Usually dry with some skin conditionsHas rough or dry patchesLight to medium coverage works magic on sensitive skinThe dewy finish is a better option|
Well, these are basic rules for picking out a foundation. When it comes to coverage and matte vs. dewy – it’s entirely up to you. We listed what is usually more in demand compared to the skin type, but you can use whatever you like. The white foundation is usually pasty and full coverage.
Makeup is about empowerment and feeling good in your skin – and it’s supposed to be fun. Why bother with rules about something you enjoy doing?
So, let’s check out what is truly important about the white foundation you want to buy.
- There are a few things to keep in mind. First, the foundation is supposed to give you some sort of hydration.
- If it doesn’t, it will dry out your skin or cause some even worse problems. So, look for ingredients like glycerin, panthenol, hyaluronic acid, etc., to see if that foundation is for you. Glycerin is a similar ingredient to hyaluronic acid – they do the same thing, but glycerin is three or more times cheaper.
- Next, look for mineral oils in the ingredients list. Mineral oils are tricky – acne-prone and sensitive skin types should avoid it because it can cause flare-ups and breakouts rather easily.
- They’re best avoided, and also – if you have oily skin, mineral oils might affect the foundation to move during the day. In other words, that foundation may not be long-lasting.
- Those with acne-prone skin better watch the label for a ‘non-comedogenic’ tag. A white foundation is supposed to provide you with a Snow White complexion, not more acne!
- Last but not least, look for alcohol listed in the ingredients list. Stuff like alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, and alcohol denat. (denaturalized alcohol) shouldn’t be in any foundation, ever.
- Alcohol is used as a preservative, to keep the foundation fresh for longer. On the other hand, sensitive and dry skin can get irritations from it, and even normal skin can dry out from regular use.
- Check out our article on the best lavender perfumes this year!
- When you’re picking out a white foundation to use as a mixer to get the perfect shade, you have to watch out about the texture. If you have a matte foundation, choose a matte white one, too. And if it’s dewy, you guessed it – a dewy white foundation.
Liquid Vs. Compact
- Well, this one entirely depends on the use. While liquid can be used as a foundation and a lightener, compacts cannot – at least not every compact. Some compacts are creamy and can be used to lighten a foundation, but others are powdery.
- Powdery compacts are perfect as a foundation for artistic makeup looks and as a regular foundation for really pale people! Choose according to your preferences!
How To Make A Perfect Shade For You
- Do note that lightener can be used for any shade, not just light. If you bought a foundation that is nothing like your skin tone, a white foundation can be mixed in to create the perfect shade for you!
- So, if you want to make your foundation to be as closest to your face as possible, be patient. Take some regular foundation on your hand and a tiny drop of white foundation.
- Use a finger or a small brush to mix them in. Now put some along your jawline and blend in. In the mirror, try to decide whether it’s close enough. If it’s not, add more white or color to make it a little closer to home. It might take some trial and error, but it will look great in the end, for sure!
- Looking for an eyebrow concealer? Check out our top picks here.
Best White Foundation – Conclusion
Well, we did it! We found the best white foundations out there! It was super hard – there are so many amazing products out there! But after thorough research, we hand-picked the premiums.
We hope you’ll love them as much as we do. So, without any further delay, now’s the time to pronounce the best of the best. Here they are:
Best Overall: Mehron Makeup CreamBlend Stick
- Mehron Makeup CreamBlend Stick is the best white foundation there is. It can be used as a foundation lightener too. We’re absolutely in love with this professional-range white foundation!
Premium Pick: Manic Panic Virgin White Pressed Powder Compact
- Manic Panic’s Virgin White compact has won our ‘high-end’ category. We love their hair colors, so it was no surprise we loved this compact! Every pale person in the world would adore using this powder!
Budget-Friendly Choice: L.A. Girl Pro Coverage Liquid Foundation in White
- L.A. Girl’s Pro Coverage liquid foundation is a true winner in our ‘budget-friendly category’. We love this foundation so much – it works for any use you want it to. Plus, the coverage takes our breath away!