All you have to do is do your lashes, but you spilled a little glue in the process, and it ended up on your dress – oh, no! What do you do now, how to get eyelash glue off clothes?
If you want to save your dress, stay with us, and we will provide you with some very useful tips on how to get eyelash glue off any fabric, as well as some other information that could come in handy when you are in a rush next time.
Get Eyelash Glue Off Any Fabric in These 3 Ways
Since this is a fashion emergency, let’s get to solving the problem immediately. Don’t worry; you got this! All you have to do is choose between these three products and work fast.
1. Use Eye Makeup Remover
- First, choose the right eye makeup remover. We suggest you go with an oil-based one because they are the most successful. Dip a cotton swab, but be careful not to dip it too much (this might leave a big stain). Next, rub the swab gently on the fabric until the stain starts to fade away slowly. You might have to dip a few times and be sure to use a different swab every time.
2. Use Plain Oil
- Like mentioned before, oil is a great solution for glue removal. Sip a little oil on a cotton ball and put it gently on the fabric. Leave it there for a minute or two, and then remove. If the glue stain is that bad, try doing this a few times until you get it off. You will most likely throw the clothes in the washing machine after using the glue method.
3. Use Facial Cleanser
- Any makeup remover will do the job – whatever you have nearest to you. If you are out of eye makeup remover or oil, try using a facial cleanser. This should be used the same way the eye remover was used. Hopefully, some of these methods will do the trick.
Washing My Clothes After Glue Stains
- Some materials are more delicate than others, so the chances are that if you messed up the combination for tonight – you will have to throw it in the washing machine.
- Fabrics like cotton, wool, or silk should not be worn again after being stained by glue. Throw these in the washing machine and find something new.
- If the case with glue is not that bad, wash them in the setting you normally do.
- On the other hand, if you are still struggling to remove the stain even after using the recommended products, don’t hesitate and take your clothes to get them professionally cleaned.
The Strength of Eyelash Glue
Unlike other glues, this one is super strong, and when I say super, I mean like 4-8 weeks lasting. Using this in larger quantities (which you don’t need) can be very dangerous. You can either damage your lashes, or your clothes, or both.
This little tube contains some serious components.
- ETHYL CYANOACRYLATE – this is a very strong component, and it represents almost 90% of the entire composition. Thanks to ethyl cyanoacrylate; your extensions stick to natural lashes in no time.
- METHYL METHACRYLATE – This component is responsible for the retention of your lashes, and when you mix ethyl cyanoacrylate and this one, you get the base of every eyelash glue.
- BUTYL2-CYANOACRYLATE – This is used because it is safe for the skin and helps the eyelash glue last even when humidity is high.
- CARBON BLACK – This is the black pigment of your eyelashes. While some lashes lack this ingredient, others think this is a must.
- FORMALDEHYDE – Nobody seems to be mentioning this; why? Well, because this one is pretty dangerous, and it can cause serious skin irritations and pain if not properly mixed.
While some eyelash glue producers include this chemical substance, others are strongly against it.
Where Do I Keep My Eyelash Glue?
For safety reasons for both yourself and your clothes, keep your eyelash glue in an airtight container on a separate shelf.
This makeup product should be noticeably separated from brushes and kept at room temperature.
- Before opening it – shake the tube for 30 seconds, so the composition sticks together. Before using this on your eye, squirt a few drops on a paper towel, just in case.
- After finishing – Seal the lid tightly and remove any leftover sips around the cap.
Makeup Artists Recommend These Eyelash Glues
Many of us rely on reviews by our favorite makeup artists, and that’s okay. They try out the product, give it a rank, and either encourage us to buy it or avoid it.
We are going to address the good eyelash glues today.
Here are the top ones recommended:
- Kiss Strip Eyelash Adhesive in Clear – This has an insanely good rank on Amazon, and it is regarded as the best choice among all eyelash glues.
- Duo Strip EyeLash Adhesive in Dark Tone – The word on this one is that it can last an entire day without having to touch it.
- Velour Lashes Lash & Go Eyeliner and Lash Adhesive Hybrid – This product doubles the eyeliner and gives you that unique look.
- Thrive Infinity Waterproof Lash Adhesive – This eyelash is certified as cruelty-free and vegan. It is 100% natural.
- Esqido Companion Eyelash Glue – This is perfect for you if you have sensitive skin or are allergic to some chemical substances in regular eyelash products.
- Eylure 18 Hour Black Finish Lash Glue – This choice promises to stick on your eyes for the whole 18 hours. Good luck with this one!
- Pur Pro Eyelash Glue – This is waterproof, so if you had a tough night, don’t worry – your lashes will still be on point!
- Sephora Collection Brush-tip Lash Adhesive– Every Sephora product has a good rank, and this is no exception.
How To Get Eyelash Glue Off Clothes – Conclusion
You are almost ready for a night out, but you need to do your eyelashes last. Everything seems to be going great until you realize that you have spilled some eyelash glue on your clothes. What now?
Don’t worry. There are three ways in which you can make this problem go away. They include using: eye makeup remover, facial cleanser, or plain oil. All you have to do is spill a few sips on a cotton ball and put it gently on the stain. Remove after 1-2 minutes, and, hopefully, you will solve this fashion issue.
If you are dealing with delicate fabric like wool, cotton, or silk – we recommend going to the professional and getting your clothes cleaned there. It’s very easy for these materials to get damaged and then you can say goodbye to your clothes. But don’t let this be the case.
Although this product comes in a small tube, it is very strong. It contains chemical components such as ethyl cyanoacrylate, methyl methacrylate, carbon black, and formaldehyde.
To be safe, you should know how to store this little makeup hack properly. Keep it separated from brushes and other makeup products. Before putting it on your eyes – squirt a few drops on a paper towel and when you have finished – seal the lid tightly!
The best choices for eyelash glues are the following: Kiss Strip Eyelash Adhesive in Clear, Duo Strip EyeLash Adhesive in Dark Tone, Esqido Companion Eyelash Glue, Pur Pro Eyelash Glue, etc.