Top 5 Best Foundations For Textured Skin 2020:
- Revlon ColorStay Longwear Liquid Foundation
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless Liquid Foundation
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Longwear Foundation
- Dermablend Flawless Creator Multi-Use Liquid Foundation
- Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
Makeup is a billion dollar business. With thousands of different shades, styles, colors, types – it can be daunting. From blush to mascara, lipstick to eyebrow tinting – cosmetics give you so many choices.
Foundation is one of the key steps in creating the right look for your skin and style. Not everyone’s skin type is the same however, and this makes finding the perfect foundation all the more demanding.
You may want to cover a scar or blemish. Or maybe you simply want a healthy glow to your skin. Foundation can do both plus provide other great benefits.
Whatever your reasons are, this guide provides a list of the best foundation products for textured skin. We’ve also delved in to give you some tips on what you need to know for your foundation choices.
The blends, the shades, the perfect glow – let’s lay down the groundwork for the best foundation for textured skin.
Detailed Reviews: 5 Best Foundations For Textured Skin In 2020
1. Editor’s Choice – Revlon ColorStay Longwear Liquid Foundation
Our first choice for the best foundation for textured skin is Revlon ColorStay Longwear Liquid Foundation. This formula has several featured benefits. Offering full coverage and long wear, Revlon ColorStay is one of the best foundations for more acne-prone skin. It works wonderful for combination skin as well, which gives it versatility.
This foundation mattifies your skin as you wear it, preventing a shift to your look throughout the day. The formula is easily bendable and doesn’t settle into wrinkles, lines, or pores.
Revlon ColorStay is a liquid foundation designed oil-free and with SPF protection 20. The high SPF rate makes it a winner when it comes to sun protection! It also comes in over 43 different shades to choose from. This makes it one of the leaders in shade and tones choices too.
The finish of this formula is a demi-matte and is buildable depending on your skin tone. Great for oily skin. It also lasts up to 24hours for exceptional longwear coverage.
Revlon Colorstay contains hyaluronic acid, which helps with acne. This foundation is specially designed to cover blemishes and enhance your skin’s ability to combat problem skin and pores.
Revlon Colorstay Longwear liquid Foundation does have a slow absorption rate. This means that while it doesn’t dry out your skin, it can leave stains or marks on clothing.
- Buildable formula
- Lightweight feel
- 43 shades to choose from
- Helps with problem skin and acne
- Slow to absorb
- Can leave stains on clothing
2. Runner Up – Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless Liquid Foundation
Our second place in the best foundation for textured skin roundup goes to Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless Liquid Foundation. This foundation was designed for a full coverage look. It helps in covering blemishes and lines for a clean and opaque finish.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless Liquid Foundation offers excellent pore coverage without looking artificial. Featuring SPF 18, this foundation is high on our list for skin to sun exposure protection. While the finish of this look is matte, you don’t lose the soft feel of your skin.
The formula is very creamy and runny, so be careful when using. It’s a buildable foundation, so you can achieve medium to high coverage as you choose. This gives Maybelline a good level of versatility. Being a matte finish also means excellent flaw coverage and dark spot blending.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless Liquid Foundation comes in 24 varying shades and tones. This makes it a great choice for variety. You can easily choose the perfect tone and color to match your skin. Having that kind of choice means you can achieve a more natural look while keeping a clear finish to your skin.
While this foundation has micro-powders to minimize pores, it’s best used on oily skin. If you do choose to work with this formula, we recommend using a good moisturizer on your skin. Maybelline Fit Me can dry too quickly and this exaggerates dry patches on your skin.
- Gives a natural matte finish
- Blurs out large pores
- Good SPF protection
- Variety of shades to choose from
- Tends to clean off too easily
- Can dry too fast causing irritation
3. Winner by Weight – L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Longwear Foundation
Rounding third in our guide is L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Longwear Foundation. This foundation provides 24-hour coverage. It is designed for all-day wear and fights mid-day makeup meltdowns.
This formula is feather light on the skin and oil-free too! Providing medium to high coverage, L’Oreal hides scars and blemishes well. In addition, L’Oreal Infallible gives excellent sun protection with an SPF rating of 25!
L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Foundation provides 28 differing shades and tones to match your skin.
This formula is another great choice for skin that is prone to be oily. With excellent texturing, L’Oreal Paris Infallible ProMatte Liquid Longwear foundation smooths over skin easily.
That being said, be careful on normal or dry skin with this foundation. Over application to some skin types can cause break-outs of acne and other problems.
L’Oreal Infallible does oxidize on some skin tones. When your foundation oxidizes, it tends to turn orange or darker in shading. Oxidation is one of the reasons why testing on a small patch of skin is so important.
- Easily applied
- Lasts for up to 24 hours
- Medium to high coverage
- Great SPF protection
- Can overly matte skin
- Highlights dry patches
4. The Perfect Blend – Dermablend Flawless Creator Multi-Use Liquid Foundation
Dermablend Flawless Creator Multi-Use Liquid Foundation comes in for fourth place in our guide to the best foundation for textured skin. This formula is a full coverage foundation. It provides high performance pigmentation for excellent blemish smoothing and blending.
Dermablend is a lightweight foundation with 20 skin tones and shades to select from, the least variety available in our guide. While the tones are rich, the low shade options are a disappointment.
One of the best in blending, Dermablend Flawless Creator Multi-Use Liquid Foundation can be combined easily. Use your favorite skin care products and treatments! This foundation works great for contouring as well.
With it’s creative formula of only 10 ingredients, Dermablend works extremely well on most skin types. From oily to dry, you can use other products to enhance the benefit of this foundation.
In addition to being oil free, this foundation is great for sensitive skin and is hypoallergenic too! One of the few featured in our guide to boast this ability.
One thing to be aware of with this foundation is that it does not include an SPF rating. This means that Dermablend does not provide sun protection.
Dermablend also has a low absorption rate – which means it will stain clothes if you aren’t careful when applying. It also has a short wear time.
- Easily combined with other skincare products
- Blends wonderfully
- Suitable for many skin types
- Low absorption so will cause stains
- No SPF protection
- Small selection of shades
5. Smooth to the Finish – Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
Our final competitor for the best foundation for textured skin is Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation. This formula is designed to stay matter and stop shine. It also provides a clean and natural look that gives you a poreless effect and soft skin.
Rimmel Stay Matte is a full coverage foundation that hides blemishes well and conceals dark circles and flaws. It’s an oil free formula as well.
Stay Matte provides 12 hours of active coverage, one of the lowest wear formulas in our guide. This means for a longer duration, a second application is required. In addition, it has low staying power which means it can leave stains on clothes. Both of these are deterring factors when considering this formula.
Shades to Skin Tone Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation comes in 26 shades and tones. This selection is a very comparable variety to our other competitors. The tones are rich and blend well into your skin.
This foundation is great for oily and combination skin types. Boasting a feather light finish, Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation provides good hydration.
We would recommend a moisturizer if you choose this formula and struggle with dry skin. As it may require a second application for longer wear, this is all the more important. Multiple applications could dry out your skin more or bring out dry patches.
- Easily blended for even look
- Variety of Skin Tones
- Smooth and full coverage
- Low staying power which can lead to staining
- Will aggravate already dry skin types
- Short wear time
More On Foundation
When choosing to use foundation, it is important to consider the type of foundation finish you want. There are a few factors to think about when doing this. The amount of coverage or thickness of the foundation will give you a different finish. Here are some of the layered looks you can achieve with different foundation formulas:
- This finish is the ultimate skin formula giving a natural glow in many different shades or tints.
- A very thin layer, dewy is a styling finish not suitable for oily skin types. As it is more thin, it doesn’t fully cover acne or blemishes so choose carefully.
- This level of finish can create a soft and smooth coverage of skin. This look is one of the best options for dry skin.
- A semi-matte finish smooths out blemishes and provides significant coverage.
- Matte is the thickest and most full coverage layer and is the most suitable when used for oily skin.
Testing Tips: Foundation Factors
- As with anything applied to your skin, you should test it out first. This way you can determine how your skin will react. Foundation is no exception, and even more importantly, must be matched to your skin tone.
- One of the best ways to find your right skin tone match is to test the foundation on your skin in natural light. This is one of the leading problems when shopping for most make up. Most stores providing make-up usually have fluorescent lighting, the least natural light. This can change or tint the shades of foundation and fool your eye.
- If you visit a cosmetics counter you can often find specialized make-up mirrors. These provide natural light through incandescent or halogen lighting. The bulbs are specifically designed to cast a natural light. They are the best for applying any kind of make-up.
- Another factor to consider when finding the best foundation for textured skin is your skin undertone. Most people will identify with their skin tone, which is the type or shades or your complexion. Your skin’s undertones are the color that echoes beneath your skin. This tone tends to be highlighted when conditioned with cosmetics. There are three basic undertones of skin; warm, cool, and neutral.
Application – A Key To A Great Foundation
- Not only is consideration of skin type and testing important, but applying as well! The way you add foundation to your skin determines the overall look you achieve. With that in mind, here are a few steps to enhance your foundation experience:
- First, always start with clean skin. Use a great cleansing face wash that best matches your skin type. Hidden dirt or oil underneath the foundation can cause a flawed finish. In addition, the foundation may irritate your skin’s pre-existing condition, like acne breakouts.
- Another step is to make sure you don’t over apply. Start out with small amounts and tone up as you go. This will help to ensure you don’t end up with a heavier look. This always allows your skin to breathe and prevents over drying of the skin.
- When it comes time to actually apply your foundation, work from the inside out. Focus on the center of your face and move outwards. This assists in blending evenly for a better finish. Also, as you blend, don’t rub the foundation in. Use a stippling technique – tap the foundation into your skin gently. Rubbing the skin can cause irritation and aggravate your pores causing acne.
What to Look For in Your Foundation
We’ve considered the options and importance of the right foundation in complying our list of best foundations for textured skin. Blemish coverage, application ease, longevity – all of these are important. Here are the factors that are highlighted in our guide for choosing the perfect foundation for your skin:
- Whether you are looking to cover acne or blemishes or just contour – coverage in foundation is vital. Building from the right foundation is the key to finishing any make-up routine. You also want to consider whether you are looking for full or thick coverage. This is opposed to minimal or medium coverage. A more full coverage blend and finish blemishes better than a lighter, more medium style.
2. Shades To Skin Tone
- Properly matched skin tone and shades is another important factor in choosing the right foundation. No one wants to have make-up that discolors your skin rather than giving a more natural match. Foundations come in lots of different shades and tones, so picking the right one to match can be daunting.
- Using natural sunlight or cosmetic lighting can help in making sure the shades match.
- This guide gives you several things to consider when matching your skin tone to the best foundation for textured skin.
3. Hydration Factor
- Anything we put on our skin can cause a reaction. For make-up, this can be particularly obvious. As cosmetics are typically worn for long periods, it’s very important that they don’t dry out skin. We’ve provided products specifically designed for this consideration in mind.
- In addition, read labels and individual skin testing. This is recommended to make sure your skin reacts well to the foundation you choose.
Build From The Foundation Up – The Best Foundation For Textured Skin
Whether for an evening out or day wear, finding the right foundation for your skin routine is vital. Use foundation to minimize pores, cover scars and blemishes, and finish your skin with an all natural and curated look.
When looking for the best foundation for textured skin, It’s important to consider what type of skin you have. It’s also important to think about your skin tone, problems with acne and other factors.
Using this guide on the best foundation for textured skin you can find the perfect foundation to build your look from. Customize with a blendable foundation or use formulated shades to match. There are many ways to get the look and finish you want while ensuring the care of your skin.
Whatever your skin or style, choosing a foundation is an important step. We’ve got you ‘covered’ with our best foundations for textured skin.
For more on specialized products, buying ideas and other tips, like and share this article and check out more of our articles.